OLBG World Cup Day One Questions - Thursday 14th June - Arniehi vs Sevvy69

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

OLBG World Cup Day One Questions - Thursday 14th June - Arniehi vs Sevvy69

Postby danbradley » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:32 pm

It’s finally here - the World Cup starts on Thursday with the hosts Russia taking on Saudi Arabia in Group A.

For the OLBG World Cup, our opener features Arniehi and Sevvy69 in perhaps a more exciting fixture than the real World Cup has to offer in our very own version of Group A!

With matches to come against two OLBG veterans in SteveLiverpool and Gazthecat, both will be hoping to make the perfect start and take a huge step towards qualification for the knockout rounds.

So without further ado, here are the questions for them on day one of the OLBG World Cup:

Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: OLBG World Cup Day One Questions - Thursday 14th June - Arniehi vs Sevvy69

Postby danbradley » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:34 pm

First Half:

Q1 - Opening Ceremony -

Russia and Saudi Arabia don’t have a lot in common as countries, but both nations have strong naming conventions. Therefore for the first question, I want to know how many goals will be scored in the game by players with a surname either ending in "ov" or starting with "al-"

Exact answer gets a goal - it can be zero! Otherwise the chance is missed

Q2 - From Russia with Love -

Russia are being made strong favourites at home to one of the supposed weaker sides at the tournament. For another chance to score before the half, I want to know:

Russia’s goals (50 points for each)
+
Russia’s possession % (rounded to nearest whole number)
+
Russia’s corners (10 points for each)

E.g. 1xRussia goal, 60% Russia possession, 10xRussia corners = 50+60+100 = 210

Closest player gets the goal - however you must be within 100% of the answer. For instance, in the example above, you could guess no lower than 105 and no higher than 420 to get the goal, even if closest.

Second Half:

Q3 - A Proud Saudi

Mohammed Al-Sahlawi was the joint top scorer across all of World Cup 2018 qualifying with 16 goals, and the striker has an impressive 28 goals from 35 international appearances.

So, for the perfect start to the second half, I want to know:

Al-Sahlawi’s goals or assists (50 points for each)
+
Al-Sahlawi’s shots (10 points for each)
+
Al-Sahlawi’s pass completion % (rounded to nearest whole number)

Again, closest player gets the goal, but you must be within 100% of the answer to score.

Q4 - Saving Grace -

Russia are led by their goalkeeper and longest-serving player, Igor Akinfeev, with many of the other older players having retired or having been dropped in recent times as Russia have sought to bring in a new generation of players.

So for a chance to stop your opponent with a point blank save, and scrub off one of their hard-earned goals, I want to know how many saves Akinfeev will make in the game.

Exact answer makes a save (your opponent will lose one of their goals) - again, it could theoretically be zero!

Stoppage Time Penalty Appeal!

It’s the last moments of the opening game, and when all seems lost, it’s a chance to snatch a penalty and potentially turn the game around… Or simply add to the damage and increase the goal difference!

So to win the penalty:

Will the game have over/under 2.5 goals?

To convert it:

Who will win on the Asian Handicap: Russia -1.5 or Saudi Arabia +1.5?

sevvy69
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby sevvy69 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:52 pm

PM Sent

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:29 pm

The predictions are in, and the first match of the OLBG World Cup is good to go!

The two guys have matched each other on Q4 and the penalty questions, so it looks like Q1-3 are going to be crucial in deciding where the points go.

Best of luck to both of you!

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:24 pm

So the first game is in the bag, and what a start for Russia! 5 goals for them, but none to players with a name ending in -ov, so we have a big fat 0 for Q1 which helps neither player. Those goals did make Q2 very high, which helped Sevvy69 to a 1-0 half time lead.

After the break, al-Sahlawy's performance hardly lit up the Luzhniki stadium, but with 77% passing percentage helped Sevvy to another goal, and that 2-0 lead was carried to the final with neither player scoring off Q4 where Akinfeev remarkably didn't make a single save in the game. Neither expected the barrage of goals we saw, so no luck on the late penalty appeals either.

The answers in full for anyone else playing along:

Q1 - 0
Q2 - 349
Q3 - 87
Q4 - 0
Penalty - Over 2.5 and Russia -1.5

So Sevvy69 does a Russia and opens the OLBG World Cup with a win, congratulations to him for setting the bar for the rest of us in our opening games. The Group A table will look nice for Sevvy after day one.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Well done Sevvy, winning the inaugural OLBG World Cup match! :win:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog