World Cup 2018, Russia - An Ante-post bet for Every Country Challenge - join in!!!

whatarethechances
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: World Cup 2018, Russia - An Ante-post bet for Every Country Challenge - join in!!!

Postby whatarethechances » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Mac1000 - I like your style, sir! Hope it works out for you.

Bob, you have raised some interesting points there. I decided to investigate this one a bit further:
Secondly, England have featured in two of the three lowest scoring groups according to the stats provided on the last three WC tournaments (2006 & 2014). On both occasions, each group featured a team from CONCAF, Trinidad & Tobago ('06) & Costa Rica ('14). England were in the second lowest scoring group in 2010 (9). Interestingly, the lowest scoring group featured a CONCAF team, Honduras, Group H (8 goals)

When I went back further with this line of inquiry I was shocked to discover that England were also in the lowest scoring group at Japan/SK 2002, at France'98 in a group that included Tunisia, at Italia'90 and Mexico'86. So overall, it seems England have been in the lowest scoring group at 6 of the last 7 World Cups they have qualified for! Its interesting as well that 2010 was the exception as that was a particularly low-scoring group stage that year. It wasn't that Englands group was any higher-scoring than normal, with just 9 goals, it was just that other groups weren't producing many goals either and so another group pipped them with just 8 goals.

CapnBob
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: World Cup 2018, Russia - An Ante-post bet for Every Country Challenge - join in!!!

Postby CapnBob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 am

whatarethechances,

Yes, it's was an excellent idea to investigate even further as you have done. Very interesting. Maybe bookmakers are seeking another angle regarding 'the patriotic bet' since expectations are a bit more pragmatic about England winning outright (Harry Kane, top goalscorer, top PL goal-scorer etc). I concentrated on the three past World Cups detailed in the WC Preview, though there was a helpful stat about England goalscorers going back to 1998. Owen & Shearer, the last two to net more than one (2). England's attack has declined steadily. Maybe another detail to consider regarding lowest scoring Group. Belgium are expected to put several past Panama, though, interestingly they weren't prolific in Brazil, edging past by single goal margins in the group.

Using wikipedia, Italia '90 was England's best recent goal scoring performance with (8)

1994: DNQ
1998 (France): 7
2002 (S. Korea/Japan): 6
2006: (Germany): 6
2010: (S.Africa): 3
2014: (Brazil): 2

In fact, England's win against Trinidad & Tobago (2006) was the last time they managed more than over 1.5 goals in a game.

Of course, this could change but anticipate Panama to play with deep defences (5-4-1), Tunisia have lost key attackers, apparently which may change how they approach games. There's the weather conditions with Sochi being hot, 26 forecast on the BBC for Monday afternoon, feeling more like 33, when Belgium kick off against Panama. Conditions slightly more favourable in the evening in Volgograd.

Anyway, it shall make for interesting observation to see if the pattern continues!

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Thanks again for the continued brilliant input on here, it's really adding to the World Cup for me, it's undoubtedly giving readers plenty to take on board and gain from.

Brilliant to see my good friend Mc1000 on board with fantastic input & thanks for that mate given the commitments you've got on at the minute, that will be worth it though.

Personally speaking the World Cup results have so far put a dent in some of my ante-post bets and completely destroyed some of them, as soon as I started watching Iceland play today I knew my bet for them to lose every match was stupid, I hold my hands up to that one, I know there will be a few more stinkers but hopefully I'll end up with some good ones as well :wink:

I'll do my best to catch up with thread again in a few days but can't guarantee anything as I'll be in the pub Monday night, then I'll be working every day of Royal Ascot so I'll join in when I can.

Views obviously still welcome & all the best with your bets.
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:42 pm

My thoughts...I'll add more tomorrow.

Group A - Straight Forecast - Russia (1st)/Uruguay (2nd) @ 3.50

Russia - Hosts. Have absolutely no form to fall back on going into this World Cup but expect them to be difficult to beat at home. Very rare a host fails to get out of their group (South Africa 2010) and with this favourable group draw I don't expect them to fail here. Don't play Uruguay till final match when both teams could have already qualified. - WIN ALL GROUP GAMES @ 9.00

Uruguay - Strong side - Godin, Cavani, Suarez, Gimenez etc. Qualified 2nd in the South American round robin group and will fancy their chances to top the group. Like Russia play the two weakest sides in their opening two games so may be looking to rotate in that final game. top 2 in this group are likely to face Spain or Portugal so likely to be elimated in last 16. STAGE OF ELIMINATION LAST 16 @ 2.25

Egypt - Despite being African Champions on a record seven times , it's only their third final appearance and the first since 1990. They were runners up in the 2017 African Nations but rarely played anyone outside of Africa since 2014 so it's hard to gauge their level. Lost their two friendlies against Greece and Portugal. Quite possible they lose all their games and finish bottom of the group, even with Salah. - BOTTOM OF GROUP @ 6.00

Saudi Arabia - Another side with little chance of progressing out of this group. Qualified for their fifth finals in the last 25 years but first since Germany 2006. Beat Greece and Algeria in recent friendlies and drawn against Ukraine. Not out of the realms of possibility they beat Egypt in that final group match. SAUDI ARABIA TO BEAT EGYPT @ 6.00

Well I got two wins from four settled bets in from Group A and one still running. Egypt to finish bottom of the group and Saudi to beat Egpyt in their final group game brings in a current LSP - +8.00
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 am

Brilliant work that mate, I was out watching my lad play cricket on Monday evening so I missed the football but when I heard the results I knew I'd seen something tipping Saudi Arabia to beat Egypt & Egypt bottom of group,

whatarethechances
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby whatarethechances » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:50 am

Phew! Well, things were looking pretty bleak for my selections for a while there but Group F and Group H went my way late on to leave me on just a 6 POINT LOSS at the end of the Group Stage with two selections still live. Mexico play Brazil on Monday in the Last16 so I'm fairly confident that will come in and then its all on whether Brazil and Spain meet in the final!

Its was a disappointing Group Stage for contrarians - of the favourites and 2nd favourites in each group only Germany and Poland failed to get through. The "Big Beasts" in the competition often looked nothing special but I felt that the collective performance of the weaker teams was unusually weak this time. I don't know if anyone else got that feeling? No African team qualified for the first time in 36 years and Mexico and Japan are the only non-European/non-South American teams still standing, making this the least geographically diverse Last16 for 20 years. The Snails prediction of a Europe-heavy knockout Stage turned out to be spot on.

Some contrarian trends did still stand up though. Firstly, and perhaps most gratifyingly, Germany fell foul of "The Curse of the Defending Champions!" Their defeat to Mexico continues the trend of Champions struggling in their opener. Their group Stage exit means that since the 24-team format was abolished, making it harder to qualify from the group, 4 of the last 6 World Champions have now gone out in the Group Stage with only Brazil(twice) seemingly immune.

Secondly the trend for at least one rank outsider in their group to end up qualifying in 2nd place continued courtesy of Japan so that's a trend we can again look to back selectively in future tournaments.

Finally my idea to do selections based on what would have landed in x out of the last y World Cups seems to have had mixed results - I'll need to look more closely at that strategy once all the results are in.

Meanwhile the World Cup rolls on. Lets hope it continues to be an enjoyable tournament and that it still has a few (reasonably predictable) surprises up its sleeve for us to enjoy and profit from!

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:46 am

Know to The KO rounds...

Haven t checked my other previous round yet being so busy.. :D :cool:
Here it goes will update others when get time..
Saturday games...
15:00
Argentina V France
Was disspointed with Argentina, so am going for France to cruise it.
Feel France will bang in the goals today, even thou they only scored 3 goals
defence is good, and their forwards will hope be on song today.
Feel Argentina not yet got going yet, but feel France be too strong for them.
Prediction: 3-1 France..

19:00
Uruguay V Portugal....
This game will be quite close, and feel extra time be needed in this one..
Uruguay perfect defence so for conseeded none a plus.
Portugal need Ronaldo to give them hope, defence might be a worry.
But feel this could well go into extra time.
Very hard to seperate them.
Prediction.... 1-1 & Extra time

More to follow day by day :win: Cheers...

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:20 am

My thoughts...I'll add more tomorrow.

Group A - Straight Forecast - Russia (1st)/Uruguay (2nd) @ 3.50

Russia - Hosts. Have absolutely no form to fall back on going into this World Cup but expect them to be difficult to beat at home. Very rare a host fails to get out of their group (South Africa 2010) and with this favourable group draw I don't expect them to fail here. Don't play Uruguay till final match when both teams could have already qualified. - WIN ALL GROUP GAMES @ 9.00

Uruguay - Strong side - Godin, Cavani, Suarez, Gimenez etc. Qualified 2nd in the South American round robin group and will fancy their chances to top the group. Like Russia play the two weakest sides in their opening two games so may be looking to rotate in that final game. top 2 in this group are likely to face Spain or Portugal so likely to be elimated in last 16. STAGE OF ELIMINATION LAST 16 @ 2.25

Egypt - Despite being African Champions on a record seven times , it's only their third final appearance and the first since 1990. They were runners up in the 2017 African Nations but rarely played anyone outside of Africa since 2014 so it's hard to gauge their level. Lost their two friendlies against Greece and Portugal. Quite possible they lose all their games and finish bottom of the group, even with Salah. - BOTTOM OF GROUP @ 6.00

Saudi Arabia - Another side with little chance of progressing out of this group. Qualified for their fifth finals in the last 25 years but first since Germany 2006. Beat Greece and Algeria in recent friendlies and drawn against Ukraine. Not out of the realms of possibility they beat Egypt in that final group match. SAUDI ARABIA TO BEAT EGYPT @ 6.00

Group B - First group game - Portugal v Spain DRAW @ 3.54

Morocco - First appearance at the finals since 1996, they qualified from a group containing Ivory Coast without conceding a goal. Best known players are Benatia from Juve, Ziyech from Ajax and Galatasaray's Belhanda. Managed by the mecurial, suave Herve Renard who has won two African Nations since 2012 with Zambia and the Ivory Coast and he's renowned for getting the best out of his players. Unbeaten in their last 7 beating the likes of Serbia and Korea Republic so not without a chance but up against two really strong European sides in this group.- NO GOALSCORER @ 9.00

Iran - Don't profess to know much about Iran. Managed by the former No.2 to Sir Alex, Carlos Quieroz since 2011 the majority of the squad are based in Iran. However, they boast former Charlton striker Reza Ghoochannejhad who's represented the Dutch youth sides and Sardar Azmoun who is their main striking threat - 23 in 31 appearances (be worth a shout for him to be Iran's top scorer in a market that could be settled by just the one goal) Always really strong in Asia, only lost once in their last 31 matches but always find it hard to translate that form onto the world stage - qualified for the 5th time in the last 7 finals but have only ever won one group match. Never made it out the group stage. - AZMOUN (IRAN TOP GOALSCORER) @ 5.00

Spain - Will be as strong as ever and will be looking to improve on a group exit in 2014. Notoriously, slow starters they have won only 2 of their last 9 opening group matches in the World Cup (open up against their strongest opponents, Portugal). Ominously, not been beaten since their defeat at the Euros and recently put 6 past Argentina in a friendly (likely to meet again in quarter-final). Can afford to leave the Chelsea trio of Pedro, Alonso, Morata, but still boast the likes of de Gea, Ramos, Busquets, Silva, Isco, Iniesta and Costa . Apart from being Champions in 2010 they have failed to get past the quarter finals in 12 of their other 13 appearances at the finals and I can't be backing them at just 4/1 in the Winners market. A strong showing but likely to come up just short. - REACH SEMI-FINALS @ 2.38

Portugal - European Champions - they won one game in 90 minutes on their way to their 2016 triumph in France. Qualified for their fifth finals in row by topping a group containing Switzerland after losing their opening group match in Switzerland. Like their rivals Spain, they are notoriously slow starters in these types of competitions but they should have enough to get out of the group with Iran and Morocco. If they manage to achieve qualification they are at their most dangerous in the knockout stages. Any side with the Ronaldo in the team have got to have a shout of going far in the tournament. Can't believe the European Champions are 25/1 to win the tournament whilst the likes of France and Belgium are half the odds and England are shorter. They must be backed at that price.PORTUGAL - WORLD CUP WINNERS @ 26.00

Group C - Straight Forecast - France (1st)/Peru (2nd) @ 5.50

Peru - First appearance at the finals since 1982, since their great side of the late 70s/80s. Again don't profess to know much about the Peruvians but any side qualifying from the South American qualifying group must be given some respect with the likes of two time defensing South American Champions, Chile, sitting at home. Feel the runners up spot in the group is up for grabs and it should be between them and Denmark. Beaten Croatia and Iceland away from Peru in recent friendlies. Jefferson Farfan is their leading goalscorer but midfielder Edison Flores has scored 9 times in last two years and is still only 3rd in their top goalscorer market, twice the odds of Farfan - FLORES (CHILE TOP GOALSCORER) @ 6.50

France - Very strong squad but they still had worries in qualifying despite topping a group containing the Netherlands. Lost at home to Sweden and also dropped points against Luxembourg. Have talented players but question marks remain over their best players. I'm a Spurs fan and love Hugo but do not see him as a leader of men and has a habit of going missing in big games. Another to go missing in large parts of a game is Paul Pogba who has had another season at Man U where he's failed to justify the large amount of money the Old Trafford outfit spent to take him back to the club. Should be far too strong for the rest of the group and expecct them to go deep into the tournament but their ability to win it remains in question. Giroud finished the season well - Conte's decision to rest him in Chelsea's last home game against Hudderfield cost them dearly - and should be amongst the goals here. Scored 30 goals for the national side, including 9 since the start of 2017, and looks a decent shout in the tournaments top goalscoring market @ 40/1 - GIROUD (TOP GOALSCORER) @ 41.00

Australia - Really struggled to qualify for the finals this time and look to be lacking the quality of the side a decade ago. It's telling when that Tim Cahill is your best chance of doing something in this World Cup at the age of 38! Villa's Mile Jedinak will be on penalty duties so if you're looking at their top goalscorer market he's one to bear in mind. Only won 4 of their last 18 internationals. - FINISH BOTTOM OF THE GROUP @ 2.10

Denmark - Qualified for the finals by beating the Republic of Ireland in a playoff with their talisman Christian Eriksen scoring a hatrick in the game in Dublin. Most of their hopes rest on his shoulders after another fine season in the Premier League for Spurs. Lost two of their three opening group matches but since then are unbeaten. This will be their fifth appearance at the finals and they never failed to qualify for the knockout stages but it's very much a side that have done well to qualify rather than look for them to progress far in this tournament. In the long run I think that win against the Republic will be shown to be a win against a weak Irish side. May flatter to decieve. - STAGE OF ELIMINATION - GROUP STAGE @ 2.25

Group D

Argentina - Another side that struggled in qualifying and needed the brilliance of Messi in their final group match to secure qualification to Russia. Usually flatter to deceive but have still reached two Copa America finals & one World Cup final in the last 4 years so must not be dismissed. However, I find that with Messi just about running the national side the others often hide behind him. Expect them to do the same here. Defensively, not the best having just shipped 6 against Spain and are another side that are notoriously slow starters. May not even top the group but expect them to qualify. On paper a fantastic squad, in reality will be struggle to watch. Not to be trusted. - STAGE OF ELIMINATION Q/FINALS @ 4.33

Croatia - Qualified for the finals by the playoff route after finishing behind group rivals Iceland. This is their fifth appearnce in the last six World Cup finals but they failed to get out of the group in their last three appearances. A talented group of players once more but are often found wanting outside of Croatia and may struggle again here. - NOT TO QUALIFY FROM GROUP @ 2.88

Iceland - Solid team. As mentioned above qualified by topping group containing Croatia. Make the most of what they have but still have genuine quality in Sigurdsson, despite him not playing regularly for his club side Everton this season. Made the Quarter-Finals in Euro 2016 may struggle in a very competitive group here. - FINISH BOTTOM OF THE GROUP @ 2.10

Nigeria - African Champions as recently as 2013 they've qualified for their sixth finals in the last seven tournaments. Also have a history with Argentina having been paired with them on four different occasions and are yet to take a point off them in four group games but they did beat them in a recent friendly. They have a decent group of players and on their day can beat anyone so 11/1 to finish top of the group not out of the question. - FINISH TOP OF THE GROUP @ 12.00

Group E - Straight Forecast - Brazil (1st)/Switzerland (2nd) @ 2.80

Brazil - The standout side of this group. Everyone knows Brazil's record on the world stage - it's superb - but after 2014's disappointment as hosts they'll be determined to put that right. One of their star men, Neymar has not played for quite a while and it will be important he's fully fit. If he is though expect him to play a vital part of their campaignAnother important cog is coach Tite. In his 19 games as coach they've only lost once and only conceded 5 goals. They walked the South American qualifying group and I'm expecting them to lift the Jules Rimet Trophy for the sixth time in July. Notoriously quick starters, they got an exemplary record in the opening matches of the group stages having won 17 of their 18 opening two matches since 1980. As Tommy says, there's not much value in any of Brazil's odds but if they do win the tournament you'd expect Neyamr to be close to best player in the tournament. - NEYMAR JR - Golden Ball (Best Player) Award @ 13.00

Switzerland - A solid European side who looked to be topping a qualifying group containing the European Champions until the final group match. However, they did their job against Northern Ireland in the playoffs to book their place at the finals. Another side that have qualified for consecutive tournaments and they got out their finals group on three of their four appearances. Expecting them & Serbia to be fighting for the runners up spot behind Brazil but face a tough task facing Brazil in their opener and could be under pressure to beat Serbia in their second game if Serbia get a positive result in their opener. If they are to do anything they need their big players who have had disappointing seasons with their clubs sides - Shaqiri, Xhaka ( :eyebrows: ), Behrami & Rodriguez. One thing in their favour is they don't concede many. Likely to meet Germany in the last 16. - STAGE OF ELIMINATION - LAST 16 @ 3.00

Costa Rica - Surprisingly, topped their finals group in 2014 containing England, Italy and Uruguay. Then went on to reach the quarter-finals losing on penalties and remaining unbeaten. Don't expect them to do it again. Done well to qualify again through the CONCACAF qualifiers but don't score enough to offer any threat to these teams. Expect them to try to grind results out. - NO GOALSCORER @ 11.00

Serbia - They've made it back to the World Cup after missing the 2014 finals. As Yugoslavia and then with Montenegro, Serbia have a colourful history in this competition and will be fighting out with Switzerland for that runners-up spot. They qualified for the tournament by topping the Republic Of Ireland and Wales' group but decided to part with their coach at the end of their camapign. Therefore, their current coach has only been in charge for four games can't see that helping. Their main threat, Newcastle's Mitrovic, finished the qualifying campaign as their top scorer and is ending the season in form with Fulham. Expect Tadic (penalty taker) & Ljajic to be their other threats. - TADIC (SERBIA TOP GOALSCORER) @ 6.00

Group F

Germany - Champions on four occasions and alongside Brazil are probably the most consistent side in the competition's history, having reached the last four in 13 of their 21 previous appearances. Defending Champions having triumphed in Brazil in 2014 and won last summer's Confederation Cup with a 'B' side. Will be a surprise if they fail to make at least the semi-finals again and the bookies have them a very skinny EVENS to do that. Don't make mistakes in the group stage and always hit the ground running. Tend to put a marker down in the opening game. The only negatives (and it's been picky) is that I don't think Low knows his best team (too many good players) and in recent friendlies against the top sides they have struggled to win games. With odds been very skinny on Germany my best bet is WIN GROUP F @ 1.44

Mexico - Another perennial qualifier who have a nasty habit (similar to Arsenal's) of getting out of the group but losing in the last 16. Happened on their last their six apperances at the finals and could happen again. Not as strong as in previous tournaments with quite a few of their main players advancing in years - Guardado, dos Santos, Hernandez, Marquez. Got to the semi-finals of last summer's Confederation Cup and may just have enough to finish runners-up but are likely to go out again at that stage with Brazil their likely opponents. - STAGE OF ELIMINATION - LAST 16 @ 3.00

Sweden - This is their fifth appearance at the finals since 1980 and on their four previous appearances they qualified from the group on three ooccasions, their best run being to the semi-finals in '94. No Ibra in this campaign but that didn't stop them beating Italy in a playoff for these finals. They seem to be more a team now without their long time talisman spearheading their attack but I feel they'll struggle to win games at these finals. TEAM GROUP POINTS - 3-4 @ 2.15

South Korea - Sonny's team. Heung-Min Son has been brilliant for Spurs this season and his nation are making their ninth successive apperance at these finals. They've failed to win a game in five of those eight appearances and only qualified from the group twice - once on home soil in '02. Having watched them recently against Northern Ireland I can't say I'm particularly enamoured by their chances and unfortunately I feel this will be another campaign which finishes in the group stage. - HEUNG MIN SON (SOUTH KOREA TOP GOALSCORER) @ 3.50

Quick update on where I'm at.

Settled:

[-1.00] Group A - Straight Forecast - Russia (1st)/Uruguay (2nd) @ 3.50
[-1.00] Russia: WIN ALL GROUP GAMES @ 9.00
[+5.00] Egypt: BOTTOM OF GROUP @ 6.00
[+5.00] Saudia Arabia: TO BEAT EGYPT @ 6.00
[+2.54] Group B - First group game - Portugal v Spain DRAW @ 3.54
[-1.00] Morocco: NO GOALSCORER @ 9.00
[-1.00] Iran: AZMOUN (IRAN TOP GOALSCORER) @ 5.00
[-1.00] Group C - Straight Forecast - France (1st)/Peru (2nd) @ 5.50
[-1.00] Peru: FLORES (CHILE TOP GOALSCORER) @ 6.50
[+1.10] Australia: FINISH BOTTOM OF THE GROUP @ 2.10
[-1.00] Denmark: STAGE OF ELIMINATION - GROUP STAGE @ 2.25
[-1.00] Croatia: NOT TO QUALIFY FROM GROUP @ 2.88
[+1.10] Iceland: FINISH BOTTOM OF THE GROUP @ 2.10
[-1.00] Nigeria: FINISH TOP OF THE GROUP @ 12.00
[+1.80] Group E - Straight Forecast - Brazil (1st)/Switzerland (2nd) @ 2.80
[-1.00] Costa Rica: NO GOALSCORER @ 11.00
[-1.00] Serbia: TADIC (SERBIA TOP GOALSCORER) @ 6.00
[-1.00] Germany: WIN GROUP F @ 1.44
[-1.00] Sweden: TEAM GROUP POINTS - 3-4 @ 2.15
[+2.50] South Korea: HEUNG MIN SON (SOUTH KOREA TOP GOALSCORER) @ 3.50

After a decent start, results tailed off to leave me with a positive LSP of +5.04

Still running:

Uruguay: STAGE OF ELIMINATION LAST 16 @ 2.25
Spain: REACH SEMI-FINALS @ 2.38
Portugal: WORLD CUP WINNERS @ 26.00
France: GIROUD (TOP GOALSCORER) @ 41.00
Argentina: STAGE OF ELIMINATION Q/FINALS @ 4.33
Brazil: NEYMAR JR - Golden Ball (Best Player) Award @ 13.00
Switzerland: STAGE OF ELIMINATION - LAST 16 @ 3.00
Mexico: STAGE OF ELIMINATION - LAST 16 @ 3.00
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:24 pm

Day two

Spain V Russia 15:00

Think be tough one 2 call.
Spain unbeaten but conseeded goals.
Russia just lost one, but scored 8.
So am going with Russia to surprise
could need extra time to!!
But feel it will be 90 mins..
Prediction Russia 2-1.

Croatia v Denmark 19:00

Croatia easily won their group, only let it one.
Denmark also unbeaten but only scored two goals.
So think this be tight one..
Feel this be extra time.
A tough one to call, want surpise me if Denmark win it..

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:48 am

Brief one, Monday games ones, not enough time today
so do in brief..
yes one of those days :D

Brazil V Mexico
Belguim V Japan

Brazil V Mexico
Got feeling this game might be a surprise!!
So am going for Mexico, after there fine win
so that will boost their confidence, to take another scalp!!
Mexico win 2-1

Belguim V Japan
Well we know what Belguim of cape-able of doing.
But think Japan will give it ago.
But feel Belguim will be bit too strong for them! and bound put a stronger
team out now, doubt it be go to extra time.
so Belguim win 3-1

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 pm

Right then, I go on holiday Sunday and won't return until the World Cup is finished so I'm wrapping up my thoughts on here before I leave for a week of all inclusive drinking & watching England in a World Cup Semi Final, maybe even Final ??? :shock: :cool: :D

First up I'll give my thoughts of the World Cup as an overall tournament and I have to say it's quite simply been the greatest, most entertaining tournament that I've ever seen, it's been truly brilliant and there has only been one seriously bad match with France vs Denmark a complete non event and Belgium Reserves vs England Reserves was a waste of time that bored me rigid.

There have been great goals & great drama, late goals, dramatic VAR decisions, it's just been a great festival of football that nobody will want to end, especially the pubs in England!!! :lol:

Massive thanks again to everybody who contributed with top thoughts on here and I'm delighted plenty of people gained lots of positives from this thread, that's always been the main motivation and biggest buzz from anything I've done during my time on OLBG.

Very well played to all those of you that added winning advice and landed winning bets, I'm delighted for all of you and I'm sure those that followed the tips are as well, there must be plenty given the number of people who viewed this thread. :win:

As for how my own betting challenge predictions worked out then I have to admit defeat in terms of most bets being made losers but given how many shocks there have been I'm happy enough just to have done the challenge and landed a few winners to get a few quid back in the account.

My highlight in terms of predictions has to these :-

"Group C :- France, Denmark, Peru, Australia

France :- FRANCE TO WIN WORLD CUP at 13/2 - Each Way 1/2 odds 2 places - Although the French let me & millions of punters down by failing to win the Euros in their own country, I'm prepared to forgive them that and for me FRANCE have a squad that gives them every chance of going one better this time.

The France squad is absolutely rammed with quality, creativity & goals and while they do face serious competition from the likes of Brazil, Germany & Spain, I'd rather take the chance on France Each Way at 13/2 than I would Brazil at 4/1 or Germany 9/2, I believe the likes of Griezman & Pogba can fire France to World Cup glory.

Denmark :- TO BE ELIMINATED IN LAST 16 at 7/4 :- Denmark are clear 2nd favourites in Group C and it will be something of a shock if they can't follow France out of Group C, after that though I don't envisage their World Cup last too much longer and Denmark to get knocked out in the 2nd round at 7/4 looks solid, I just don't see Denmark as Quarter Finalists or better.

Peru :- Exact Group Finish :- France 1st, Denmark 2nd, Peru 3rd & Australia 4th at 10/3 - Given that I'm convinced France will win Group C and that Denmark will follow them through, the obvious first option for Peru was Eliminated in Group Stage at 2/5 but while seemingly rock solid that's a little short for an interest bet so I'll take a punt on Exact Group Finish market as suggested, I think Peru will be strong enough to secure 3rd spot.

Australia :- TO FINISH BOTTOM OF GROUP C at 4/5 - sorry Australian fans for this prediction & bet but I do think given the relative quality within each squad in Group C then Australia look to have the worst squad and 4/5 on offer for Australia to finish Bottom of the group isn't bad at all compared to the same markets in other groups that have a similar profile."

There were lots of shocks in terms of group orders so I was delighted to call Group C spot on and the Exact Group order bet paid out at 10/3, Australia finished bottom, I didn't included it on here but I did also personally back the France/Denmark forecast and Denmark to be Eliminated in last 16 at 7/4 came good.

I know the entire country want England to win the World Cup, of course I'm with them, but if they don't then I hope it's FRANCE who do win it as my personal biggest ante-post bet was France e/w at 13/2 but they've got to beat Belgium first and that will be tough, France vs Belgium should be a sensational match, could be a 3-2 either way type match.

My other winning predictions on here were Uruguay to win Group A at Evens, Belgium to win Group, Costa Rica bottom of their group,Nigeria to finish 3rd at 7/4, Panama to finish bottom of the group, Colombia Over 3.5 group goals, Spain/Portugal forecast in Group B

Overall a poor return in terms of basic winners to predictions but as I said given how weird some of the results were and how they affected the group standings then I'll take the winners and just honestly enjoy how sensationally good the World Cup has been, I really don't believe a few more winning bets would have actually made any difference.

Right that's me done on here, thanks again for all the contributions and all the best to you all with any remaining bets, a week away with my family awaits, I'll get back writing/betting again when I return, going forward you can get me on twitter or message me so we can exchange emails.

All the best to everybody. :win: