World Cup 2018 - £1000 Tipping Competition

evasivechicken
Group 3 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Re: World Cup 2018 - £1000 Tipping Competition

Postby evasivechicken » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:16 pm

I genuinely tried not to make it sound like SOUR GRAPES, but I admit that there is probably no way of grumbling without it coming off across like that.

Like I said, it's probably because I'm a more cautious bettor. I try to build slowly rather than try overtly huge calls because, for me personally, I'm not sure how I could justify a 6-1, 7-1 or 8-1 correct score with any degree of accuracy and land the right one based on these factors. For the same reasons, I don't feel that I can therefore provide a valuable and accurate enough comment to inspire others to follow my lead on such a bet.

I suppose the issue for me is that it only takes one person 1 long shot bet, no matter how well reasoned, to potentially run away with the competition which then, in turn, encourages others to try more outlandish bets to keep themselves in the game. My question at this point is, how can you determine which bets are truly valuable and which ones are just chasing the game? Might be easy to decide I suppose based on tipping history but anyway, I digress...

Keeping the competition to certain tips only where the odds can't be that long might be a more interesting approach to consider for a future test. That's mostly what I'd like to express. I appreciate that it's up to the powers that be and I will still play the game regardless.

AGAIN, I say PERSONAL OPINION....not sour grapes. I may be in the minority, and that's fine. Just expressing my opinion.

Buy hey, you might be right...10/1 bets x 10 could see me someone back in the running. Not too much to hope for, I suppose.......? :lol:

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am

Hi,

Thanks to all members who entered tips and comments in the World Cup competition.

Once we have completed our final checks we will confirm the prizes winners at the end of this week.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Well done to Alen86 for winning the £200 top prize in the World Cup tipping competition, finishing with a 207.5 LSP.

petethebet finished in 2nd with 120.8 and raulinho was 3rd on 122.3.

85 members finished with a positive LSP having placed the minimum requirement of 15 tips.

The final table standings showing the 68 prize winners highlighted in bold red can be viewed via the page link below -

https://www.olbg.com/tables/events.php?id=4#

Thank you to all participating members and well done to the prizes winners who will be paid shortly.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

Alen86
2yo
Tips

Postby Alen86 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Well done to Alen86 for winning the £200 top prize in the World Cup tipping competition, finishing with a 207.5 LSP.

petethebet finished in 2nd with 120.8 and raulinho was 3rd on 122.3.

85 members finished with a positive LSP having placed the minimum requirement of 15 tips.

The final table standings showing the 68 prize winners highlighted in bold red can be viewed via the page link below -

https://www.olbg.com/tables/events.php?id=4#

Thank you to all participating members and well done to the prizes winners who will be paid shortly.
Thanks