NHL 2015/16

Epic
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Epic » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Great match coming up tonight - the Pens visit Washington.

Ovechkin has 27 goals and 46 points in 39 career games against the Penguins. Crosby has 18 goals and 55 points in 33 matches against the Capitals.

Braden Holtby had a great run of games against Pittsburgh last year, but I feel with both in good form, there should be plenty of goals. The total is at 5.0, which is certainly worth a bet.

EDIT: Aah...knew I should've just taken the Pens. Feel they'll go on a nice run now. Great momentum builder that win.
If you can't beat them, join them. When will the bookies join OLBG?

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Been an interesting start to the season in the NHL. Hard to believe the Ducks are stuck on just one win after 10 games.

Not hard to see why though. Their ten goals scored is exactly half that of the 29th ranked team in goals scored.

The Kings three game losing streak to open the season has long been forgotten about after seven straight wins whilst the Dallas Stars look to finally have a decent hockey team to shout about.

Buffalo are just 4-7-0 which isn't great but it's the first time that they've won four games before November since 2011 and Dan Bylsma is moving this team in the right direction. A couple of decent drafts and trades and the Sabres could be one to watch in a couple of years time.

Now teams are into double digit games played, how are everyone's ante-post bets looking?

Epic
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Epic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Now teams are into double digit games played, how are everyone's ante-post bets looking?
Not very good at the moment. It's been a crazy start to the year with the Habs picking up easy wins even without Price, the Ducks struggling and so on.

Though, have to say the biggest surprise is how the Devils and the Coyotes have played. Fully expected them to finish last it their respective conferences, but it looks like they might hang with the big boys for a while.

Good to see there actually haven't been many whipping boys. Very refreshing to see and it promises to be a great playoff race.

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:32 pm

I tend to leave things alone for a while until we have some numbers up and running as I am very much a numbers person, tend to overlook players in team sports and go solely on numbers and now we have passed the 10 game mark, I shall be getting involved much more!

The Blackhawks are coming off the back of a couple of defeats on the road at the Jets and Wild and face a side unbeaten in 7 in the Kings who have also won three straight games on the road, I think the Blackhawks will be thankful for returning to home ice where they are unbeaten in their last 5 games although they have needed overtime in their last two games.

The Kings have probably just had the upperhand in the H2H battles of late, they have won 5 of the last 9 and 2 of the last 4 in Chicago although looking at long term from the last 20 games the hosts have won 15 of those which is an excellent record.

I am looking at the DNB (Draw No Bet) market here in terms of backing the Blackhawks, 21 of the last 25 between the two in Chicago would have meant no losing bet, 15 wins and 6 with your stakes returns so that is a 84% No Loss strike rate which is not bad and you can throw a 72% Non Loss strike rate in there for the Blackhawks' last 25 game when priced between 2.20-2.30 with 9 wins, 9 draws and 7 defeats.

As I have mentioned, I think the Blackhawks will appreciate the return to the United Center and will be looking to build upon this recent impressive home record against the Kings.

Chicago Blackhawks (DNB) at 1.77 (Titan Bet)
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:38 am

Nice call on the 'hawks :win:

I took the Stars and they went and gave the Leafs just a 2nd win of the year :no:

Epic
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Epic » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:26 pm

I took the Stars and they went and gave the Leafs just a 2nd win of the year :no:
That was brutal, wasn't it?

Found myself on the wrong side of a lot of "puck luck" this season. Posts, miracle saves and so forth ruining bets like the coaches challenge has started to ruin the pace of the game.

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:39 pm

I find myself opposing the Kings on the road for the second night running, the Blues have been in fine form with home ice advantage this season, from their opening 8 games they have not lost any of those in regulation with 6 wins and 2 draws and this is partly why we sit them sitting 2nd in the Western Conference at this early stage. The Kings defeat last night brought an end to a four match winning streak on the road.

The Blues have only lost 1 of the last 6 when the Kings have visited with 2 of those ending in draws and 3 home victories. Looking at the Blues when priced up 2.10-2.20 in the 3-Way market backing them (DNB) would have only resulted in 5 losses in their last 25 games with 13 winning bets and 7 pushes. From the last 25 H2H matches backing the side playing at Home (DNB) would have had 14 winners, 4 pushes and 7 losses which is not a bad return.

I think the Blues home ice advantage will tell once again tonight, they are loving things at home whilst the Kings may be a bit down after their defeat, been a few draws thrown into the numbers so I shall go Home (DNB) here tonight.

St. Louis Blue (DNB) at 1.64 (Unibet)

Elsewhere I think both Rangers (1.75) & Red Wings (2.15) Draw No Bets may be worth a go but I shall be sticking with the Blues as my main bet.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:49 pm

Thank god for those two alternatives the other day cause the Blues did not have a good night!

Blue Jackets @ Kings
The Kings matches on home ice this season have so far averaged 4.2 goals per match, the last match finished in a 4-3 victory over the Predators after OT but that was their first home game in five to produce over five goals whilst the Blue Jackets on the road are not usually short of goals, they scored five in San Jose yesterday in a 5-2 victory but that was only the 2nd in six games away from home where their matches have involved five or more goals.

The Kings usually come out on the right side of this fixture when they have home ice advantage and they will be looking to make it a 6th straight victory over the Blue Jackets at home and recently there has not been too many goals about, well that is is you ignore the last meeting which ended 5-2 but before that there was three consecutive 2-1 scorelines.

I think we will see a tight match tonight which I think will produce Under 5.5 goals, five of the last six matches have been settled by a single goal or OT so I do not expect either or to go goal crazy tonight and then Under 5.5 looks a cracking bet.

Under 5.5 Goals at 2.15 (Paddy Power)

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Just the one game tonight as the suddenly in-form Ducks host Arizona. The Ducks started with just one win in ten games due to a lack of offense, scoring just 10 goals and being shut out five times.

Since then, they've won four straight, scoring 3+ on three occasions. The 'yotes have already won 4-0 in Anaheim but I don't see that happening today. Anders Lindback has been decent in his limited action so far but the Ducks are playing well, scoring goals and have Frederik Andersen in great form as well

Epic
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Epic » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:27 pm

That 4-o win was only the third for the Coyotes in their last 10 visits to Honda Center.

As you say, really hard to see a suprise happening here as the good times seem to be over at Arizona. 7 losses from last 10 and the few wins against sides who are similarly struggling.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Of course the 'yotes were going to win as soon as I backed the Ducks. Having a horrible November so far.

Gone for the under in New Jersey tonight with Jake Allen and Cory Schneider in between the pipes. They both have a save percentage of +.940 and a GAA of less than 1.50 in their last few games.

Also like the Rangers & Capitals to continue their strong starts to the season

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:03 pm

A really interesting blog from Epic on the lack of scoring in the NHL this year. If you haven'd read it yet then check it out here,

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=410058

It's two totals that have given me back to back winning nights for the first time this month and I'm trying to make it a treble tonight with the under 5 in the St. Louis @ NY Rangers game. Jake Allen has a 0.33 GAA & .990 save % in his last three whilst Lundqvist has a 1.00 GAA & .967 save % in his last four.

Two outstanding goaltenders that are currently at the top of their game. If you're a fan of defensive battles in the NHL then this game is for you.

Would also lean on Dallas to get past Winnipeg who have lost three straight and goals in the Arizona vs Edmonton clash with two goaltenders who are some way off reaching the heights of Allen & Lundqvist