NHL - Road to the playofs

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:28 am

Oh dear, in the middle of a huge slump :no: Despite being shutout in their 2 games since the Olympic break, I'm looking for St. Louis to get me back on track tonight.

The Blues have won 7 of 9 against the Coyotes including 3 straight on the road. For all their offensive struggles since the break, their are no such concerns about the defense as both defeats have been 1-0. The Blues are yet to lose 3 in a row this season and they get a good matchup to ensure that doesn't happen tonight. Phoenix have lost 3 straight and will have to face Blues' debutant Ryan Miller in goal. Miller is 6-0-0 with a 1.15 GAA against the Coyotes.

Bet - St Louis Blues to win @ 4/5 (Coral)

Epic
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Epic » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm

With you on the Blues. Also like Ducks to win in regulation @ 1.83

They are the top dogs at the moment and the best home team in the league. It was a solid return from the Olympics break by them as they beat the Blues 1-0. Hurricanes are slumping after the break. They are in an unfortunate situation of a long road trip and have lost the first 3 games of the trip. Somehow they beat the Ducks at home earlier in the season. How likely is they will make the double against the NHL's best? Highly unlikely.
If you can't beat them, join them. When will the bookies join OLBG?

Epic
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Epic » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Blues had me worried as their drought in front of goal just kept going on, but a 4-goal 3rd period did the job in the end.

Like Stars to win in regulation @ 1.76 tonight.

Sabres have some how picked up 3 straight wins, but all of them came at home. They have won just 6 games on the road all season. Miller has been traded, which is a huge loss and more deals are expected before March 5. Some players might be out of the line up tonight because of it. The Stars have already beaten them once this season and they seem to be in decent form with 7 wins from last 11.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Good to see the Blues finally explode after 8 scoreless periods :)

Tonight I'm hoping for plenty of frustration in front of goal as I'm liking the under as Montreal travel to Los Angeles. With Carey Price out injured, Montreal turn to Peter Budaj in goal. That's probably helped me out oddswise in this game but I have plenty of confidence in Budaj's ability. He has a 2.14 GAA and .923 sv% on the road this season.
No confirmation yet on who he will face but as a whole, the Kings are ranked 1st in the NHL in goals against with just 2.08 per game whilst their offense are ranked 28th in goals scored. In 12 home games in 2014, 10 of them have had 5 goals or under.
We've seen plenty of high scoring games since the NHL returned after the Olympics but I'm hoping these 2 teams buck the trend tonight

Bet - Montreal Canadiens @ Los Angeles Kings under 5 goals @ 20/23 (various) :win:

Epic
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Epic » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Another winning night as the Stars totally dominated. It was a close call, but a fully deserved victory.

Jets @ 1.62 for me tonight.

They are like the early season Flyers. At one point they looked dead and buried, but since a coaching change they have possible been the best team in the league with 11 wins from last 15 games. Islanders have won just 2 of their last 11 and have already lost at home to the Jets. A lot of trade talks going around involving the Isles players, which isn't a good situation when you have to focus on a game.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Pekka Rinne returns to the Nashville net for the first time since Oct 22nd as the Predators host the Pittsburgh Penguins. He figures to have a tough time of it as he faces a Pittsburgh team looking to rebound from a woeful performance in the final outdoor game of the season at Chicago. The Pens are ranked in the top 10 in goals scored and against and are 1st in powerplay and 2nd in penalty kill and they have gone 11-5-1 against Western Conference opponents this season.
Nashville have lost 4 of their last 5 games and rank in the bottom 8 in goals scored, against & penalty kill. Pittsburgh are looking to avoid losing 4 in a row for the first time since the 2013 Conference Finals and they face a good matchup tonight with Rinne in goal. Not only has he not faced an NHL lineup since October but he has given up 9 goals in his last 2 meetings with the Pens with a save % of just over 85%.

Bet - Pittsburgh Penguins to win @ 4/5 (bet365) :win:
Last edited by undertherobe on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

gmoney08
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby gmoney08 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Pitsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators

This is a strange match there should be plenty of goals in this game...Mt Money is on: NASHVILLE PREDATORS @21/20....-1@7/4.....Interesting bet365 don't have a -2 for NASHVILLE this could be a tip in itself....but we shall see...CMON NASHVILLE😉

Reason for my selection...DALLAS STARS beat PITS PENGUINS......BUT NASHVILLE PRED BEAT DALLAS STAR at home....that's my reasoning simple logic and im sure NASHVILLE will previel...as PITS PENGUINS have a much weaker squad😉...

Guess we shall see...Good luck😉

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Finally we have some movement with just under 24 hours left until the trade deadline.

Not sure that Ilya Bryzgalov is the goaltending vet that Minnesota need given that they were linked to Martin Brodeur. But he'll provide plenty of experience as they hope to ride rookie Darcy Kuemper all the way to the playoffs. I still feel that they need to get Josh Harding back from illness if they want to seriously challenge for the Western Conference.

I also raised an eyebrow at Anaheim trading Dustin Penner to Washington. Definitely more upside for Washington in that trade given that Penner was ranked in the top 6 on the Ducks roster in goals, assists, points & +/-.

Going to be a big 24 hours for some teams as they look to get that key addition to turn them from pretenders into contenders.

Epic
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Epic » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:08 pm

What about Luongo to the Panthers? WOW!

Can't decide whats the thought behind that move. Canucks blowing up the team or do they really have so much faith in Läck? Panthers have been building for the future for a couple of years now, but suddenly take on Luongo's massive contract. What's the idea behind that?

Certainly an interesting day and it promises to be even more exciting tomorrow.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Did that happen as I was writing my post? Almost fell off my chair reading that one. Totally out of left field.

Looks like a complete joke of a trade to me. Surely they could have got more than Shawn Matthias and Jacob Markstrom for him! Wouldn't surprise me to see more about the background to that trade over the next few days.

Florida could be a potential sleeper in 2014/15. They have some improvement to make but they've signed their leading goalscorer Brad Boyes to a 2 year extension today and have proved sporadically this season that they are capable of competing with the big teams.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 am

With Colorado winning in Chicago last night did the Central Division become a legitimate 3 horse race?

St. Louis GP 61 PTS 88
Chicago GP 63 PTS 86
Colorado GP 62 PTS 85

With Colorado hosting St. Louis on Saturday and Chicago next Wednesday the next week is going to be crucial in the Central playoff race

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:49 pm

A bit of an insane day in the NHL. The Rangers and Lightning swapped Captains after Ryan Callahan reportedly refused to sign a contract worth just $250k less a year than what he was after. Over 6 years, is there really much of a difference between $36 million and $37.5 million?

I also think the Isles got screwed over as Thomas Vanek was traded to the Canadiens at the last minute for just a prospect and a couple of draft picks.

Only time will tell how all the goings on will affect the playoff race but onto tonight and I like the Flyers to get it done at home to the Capitals. These sides faced off at the weekend in Washington and Philadelphia came from 4-2 down to take the win in overtime. Braden Holtby gets the start in goal for the Caps and he has a 2.99 GAA and .904 sv % on the road.
The Flyers are on a 6-1-0 run including 4-1-0 at home whilst they have won 4 of 5 at home against Washington.
Dustin Penner may get the start on the top line for the Caps following his trade from Anaheim and whilst I think that was a good move for the Caps, I think it may take some time to click with Ovechkin and Backstrom allowing the Flyers to continue their recent good form.

Bet - Philadelphia Flyers to win @ 3/4 (Boylesports) :win: