Ice Hockey Season 2018-19

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Ice Hockey Season 2018-19

Postby Zipster » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:44 pm

We are not far away from the start of the season around the world! Pre-season matches in the NHL kick off the middle of next month with the regular season starting early October whilst the KHL kicks off on the 1st of September!

Boy have I missed my hockey! Does anyone have any ante-post bets on this season? Doesn't have to be the leagues we cover in the tipster competition, would like to hear your thoughts on any league, I enjoy a lot of the European leagues which we do not cover and will be having a look over the next couple of weeks and sharing my thoughts so thought I would start this thread for anyone interested to share theirs too!

Just look at the current outright odds to see who is being fancied...

NHL (USA)
7/1 - The Leafs are current favourites with the Lightning next best at 8/1, last years winners the Capitals are 13/1

KHL (Rus)
15/8 - St Petersburg are clear favourites this year with CSKA the next best at 3/1, last years winners Kazan are 11/2

SHL (Swe)
2/1 - Vaxjo Lakers are current favourites to retain their title, last years runners up Skelleftea are 8/1 with Frolunda at 5/1

HockeyAllsvenskan (Swe)
9/4 - We have joint favourites at this point with nothing splitting AIK and Leksands.

DEL (Ger)
2/1 - Munchen have looking for a 4th consecutive title and are obviously favourites but Eisbaren Berlin are 11/4 to dethrone them.

Liiga (Fin)
3/1 - One of my favourite leagues for value, Tappara are favourites ahead of last years winners Karpat

EHL (Aut)
2/1 - Salzburg have won 6 of the last 12 titles and are favourites to land another with Vienna Capital also at 2/1

NLA (Swi)
11/4 - Since 2006 this league has only been won by three teams, Bern are favourites to regain their title with reigning champs ZSC Lions next at 7/2

Champions League
7/1 - Really enjoyed the CL last season, this is the 5th season since it was brought back, Swedish side Vaxjo Lakers are favourites with fellow Swedes Frolunda next best at 10/1 with Finnish side Tappara.

I will have a look over a few things in the next couple of weeks and share my thoughts on the outright markets and it would be great to hear your thoughts. In the meantime if you are new to Ice Hockey betting or looking for a bookmaker for the upcoming season be sure to have a read of this guide...

Best Bookmaker for Ice Hockey Betting
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Re: Ice Hockey Season 2018-19

Postby stretchpaul » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:27 am

Hockey is my fave sport particularly Euro hockey.

The bookies have got most of the Euro leagues spot on imo.In the KHL,St Petersburg even though they have a new coach should be the team to beat.CSKA and perhaps Yaroslavl should be next best.In the SHL I do like the look of Skeleftea but Vaxjo should be the top team.Finland will be tight but Karpat and Tappara should be the Liiga teams to beat.In Norway I think that Stavanger should be back on track after a poor season.They won it 6 years on the spin previously.The DEL league will be close and the likes of Munich and Nurnberg will be the best teams.Also in the UK Cardiff,Sheffield and Nottingham will be battling for the title I recon.Its a shame the Russian teams do not play in the CL as they are the best teams.My tip to win the CL will be Vaxjo.They are in a group with Cardiff,Salzburg and Bern and should easily win the group.

I hope OLBG consider letting us hockey punters allow tipping on the Euro leagues and CL too.I cant wait for the KHL to start at the months end and will tip daily on it too so bring it all on!

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Far from being a expert but If i am right last years leading scorer for Saint Petersburg was Ilya Kovalchuk and he seems to be back in the nhl with the LA Kings.And have they not also lost there starting goaltender from last season Mikko Koskinen to the Edmonton Oilers as well so losing them 2 players might affect Saint Petersburg or have they replaced them with equally good players?

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:06 pm

St Petersburg may of lost Kovakchuk but they have signed the best 2 forward players from Khabarovsk in Byvaltsev and Li who scored 29 goals between them last season.They have also signed keeper Magnus Hellberg from Kunlun who had a 92% save percentage from 51 games and conceded only 2.21 goals against per game.Add to that a top coach and you can be sure they will one of the very best teams again.

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:05 pm

I hope OLBG consider letting us hockey punters allow tipping on the Euro leagues and CL too.I cant wait for the KHL to start at the months end and will tip daily on it too so bring it all on!

How would you rank those you would most like to see added to the tipping competition?
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 pm

I would suggest the Swedish SHL and the UK Elite League would be good choices.They have regular live games on Premier Sports and Free Sports as well as the KHL.The Champions League of hockey would be another good one to add to the tipping comp too.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:19 pm

Just noticed Champions League has been added to tipping comp. It just shows what great site OLBG is and how they value their members opinions. :win:

I just get to watch highlights but yes followed stretchpauls tips last season and am looking forward again this season.

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:46 am

Just to let you all know that in addition to the Champions Hockey League we have now also added the Swedish SHL and the British Elite League to the tipping competition.