March Madness 2017

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

March Madness 2017

Postby undertherobe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:40 pm

The most exciting time of the year for College Basketball fans is just around the corner, March Madness.

Before we get to the tournament itself, we have the conference tournaments to navigate and they begin tonight with the Atlantic Sun.

Overall, 32 conferences will host a tournament over the next 13 days to determine each conference's automatic NCAA Tournament representative before the NCAA selection committee get together to add another 36 teams and seed them all to give us our 2017 bracket.

Any fans of a particular school browsing these forums? If so, who do you follow and what do you make of their postseason chances?

I've written a blog that looks at trends over the last 15 years and Final Four teams are heavily weighted from the Power Five conferences and Big East. Are there any teams from outside these conferences that could make a run? Gonzaga or Wichita State perhaps?

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: March Madness 2017

Postby undertherobe » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Gonzaga dropped to 4th in the AP top 25 after their 1st loss of the season at the weekend and whilst the AP rankings are no indication of who will get the 4 no.1 seeds, they received a big boost to their chances last night when no.5 North Carolina were stifled in a 53-43 loss at Virginia.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: March Madness 2017

Postby undertherobe » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Forget Cheltenham, March is all about the NCAA Tournament for basketball fans and whilst it technically started last night (with the first two First Four matchups), the real action begins tomorrow at 4.15pm UK time with Princeton v Notre Dame.

Since the brackets were announced on Sunday, I've spent a good few hours trying to perfect my bracket which I've documented in my latest blog. As well as the traditional match, regional winner and overall winner markets, we have a few special markets and one which catches my eye is bet365's Stage of Elimination market for the no.1 seeds.

Gonzaga have always flattered to deceive in the tournament, especially when given a high seed and they are 23/10 to go out in the Sweet 16 whilst overall no.1 Villanova are 13/5 to go out at the same stage