Euroleague Final Four in Berlin 2016

damir10
Group 3 Class
Tips

Euroleague Final Four in Berlin 2016

Postby damir10 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:20 pm

The city of Berlin, Germany will host the Euroleague Final-Four from May12th to 15th 2016.

CSKA Moscow - Lokomotiv Kuban

Fenerbahce - Laboral Kutxa

I have much more interest and information about Laboral Kutxa and Fenerbahce that I will write my opinions about this game.

Laboral Kutxa was in Group B in regular season, finished the 3rd position after 6-4 record.
They were in Group F in Top-16, finished on 2nd position with 9-5 record.
Laboral Kutxa and Panathinaikos met in Play Offs where Laboral got 3-0 score in first 3 matches.

Fenerbahce finished at the top position in Group A at regular season ( 8-2), in Group E at Top-16 ( 11-3 ).
Fenerbahce had swept ex-Euroleague Champion Real Madrid 3-0 at Play off.

Laboral Kutxa

3 JAMES, MIKE -G
4 DIOP, MAMADOU -F
5 CAUSEUR, FABIEN -G
6 PLANINIC, DARKO -C
7 SHENGELIA, TORNIKE -F
8 HANGA, ADAM -F
9 BOUROUSIS, IOANNIS -C
11 BLAZIC, JAKA -G
12 DIOP, ILIMANE-C
14 TILLIE, KIM-F
20 ADAMS, DARIUS-G
33 CORBACHO, ALBERTO -F
42 BERTANS, DAVIS F 2.05

Head coach: PERASOVIC, VELIMIR

Fenerbahce

3 HICKMAN, RICKY -G
5 HERSEK, BARIS -F
8 UDOH, EKPE -C
10 MAHMUTOGLU, MELIH -G
12 ANTIC, PERO -C
13 BOGDANOVIC, BOGDAN -G
16 SLOUKAS, KOSTAS -G
18 ARNA, EGEHAN -F
23 UGURLU, BERK -G
24 VESELY, JAN -F
33 KALINIC, NIKOLA -F
35 DIXON, BOBBY -G
70 DATOME, LUIGI -F
Head coach: OBRADOVIC, ZELJKO

Laboral Kutxa :
Highest victory : Limoges, 107-71
Debacle: Brose, 89-69
Laboral got the most rebound by team ( 27.6 rebound per game)

Strong side
Laboral play very quick basketball. As we can see, they shoot a lot and take the most rebounds. Except Darko Planicic and Diop, every player can dribble after rebound which helps them great fast breaks. They have 64 shoot average per game while Fenerbahce has 59 shoot per game.

Weakness
[/color]When the opponents adjust the pace of game and prevent fast breaks of Laboral, they use lots of wrong shoots. They do not have too much Playbook. Coach Perasovic tries lots of high quality playbooks when they are in a time-out but Guard Darius Adams and Mike James are typical fast guards. They can not use Centre men in a slow pace and set attacks. They all resulted with wrong decision shoots or turnovers. Laboral has lost 7 of 10 games when they made more than 15 turnovers in a game.

Stars of Team
It is obvious that Ioannis Bourousis. He is the leader of most points in team with 14.6 per game and the leader of rebound 8.9 per game. When Laboral can not play fast basketball and struggle, Coach Perasovic use Bourousis as a 6th man. Interesting fact that Bourousis has never started in first 5 in this year. However, he selected in Best Team of Euroleague. He is now in first 5 man. When Bourousis has the ball, Blazic and Hanga all time wait an assist from Bourousis who is one of the top form passer. Bourousis is one of the solid Centre who has also 3 points thread, good at man-to-man plays now selected most valuable player in Euroleague in 2016.

Hungarian Adam Hanga, played the most minutes for Laboral. He can make pressure on ball in defence, is a great defender, steal the ball, has block thread, take rebounds, and athletic. He is still waiting invite from San Antonio Spurs in NBA. They have contract with him and it can be his last Final Four Euroleague.

As I mention before, they prefer quick basketball that every player can go offense after rebounds. Therefore, opponents make lots of yugoslavian fouls to stop them.
Bertans, Causeur and Corbacho are great shooters on 3 points line. Laboral has 82 points per game which explains everything about their quick basketball in Euroleague where all teams make solid defence.

Fast breaks have advantage and disadvantage at the same time for Laboral. They can make easy turnovers but as they run fast with all athletic players, they easily prevent opponents 3 shoot percentage. Opponents could not find easy 3 points opportunity. Laboral gave %32,7 3 points occasion. Interesting fact in Euroleague official website says Laboral gave only 102,5 points to opponents in every 100 offensive attacks.

How can Laboral win ?
Playing very quick basketball and lots of fast breaks :)
Laboral has lost 8 of 11 matches when they scored less than 80 points.
This is the main target of Laboral and Coach Perasovic.
On the other side, Fenerbahce has also lost 3 of 6 matches when they allowed more than 80 points to opponents. When we consider Fenerbahce has lost totally only 5 matches in this year, this is the real fact to consider.
Laboral has 15 victories in 16 Euroleague games when they scored more than 80 points.

How can Fenerbahce win ?
Prevent quick basketball and playing in a slow pace. It is very important to defend in first 10 seconds when Laboral attacks. If they run to defence very quick, more importantly, faster than Laboral, Fenerbahce has every chance to prevent points from Laboral.

There will be lots of eyes on Bourousis in baseline from Ekpe Udoh, Jan Vesely ( has just recovered from injury) and Pero Antic. However, Fabien Causeur has also big role in Laboral. He was also injured and has just recovered before Final Four like Jan Vesely, Fenerbahce. He is ready for Final Four games. Causeur has scored 11.5 points per game when Laboral won and had 5.6 points per game when Laboral lost. It can be another fact to score more than 10 points for Laboral or keep him less than 10 points for Fenerbahce.

Laboral had %40 percentage 3 points when they won and less than %30 3 points percentage when they lost. It is obvious that if Laboral can find scores with 3 points, their winning percantage rise. However, Fenerbahce is the best team to defend 3 points in Euroleague in 2016. Fenerbahce had managed to keep their opponents' 3 points shoots less than %30.9 percentage.

When Laboral has problems on playing quick basketball, they do not try to slow it. Laboral just stop the game if there is problems on fast breaks. They like taking lots of fouls. Laboral Kutxa scored 421 points totally and 15.6 points per game with Free Throws which makes Laboral 2nd best team in Euroleague after CSKA Moscow in Free Throw stats.
Laboral has lost 5 of 7 games when they scored less than 12 Free Throw points.

I want to point that there is a Željko Obradović fact. He is the legendary of European Basketball. Obradovic has 8 Euroleague titles with 4 different clubs. He has also won 1997 European Championship and 1998 World Championship with Serbian National Team.
Fenerbahce with Obradovic have participated Euroleague Final Four last year in Madrid where they lost to Champion Real Madrid. I consider that they are more experienced and they are currently playing very great basketball. Every player in a team have scoring options if we compare to Laboral. I expect that Coach Obradovic will somehow beat Laboral today.

My Best Bets:

Fenerbahce -5 @1.74 pin
Total games under 157 @1.87 pin
D.Adams 13.5 points over @1.90

damir10
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby damir10 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:18 pm

What a brilliant game after over time.

Fenerbahce won the match 88-77.

40 minutes finished 72-72 and Fenerbahce had 16-5 score in 5 minutes of overtime.

D.Adams scored 19 points.

My Best Bets:

Fenerbahce -5 @1.74 pin

Total games under 157 @1.87 pin
D.Adams 13.5 points over @1.90
:win:

damir10
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby damir10 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:20 pm

It seems that noone interested in Euroleague in forum :shock:

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sat May 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Just because no-one has replied doesn't mean that no-one is interested. This thread has had 78 views so someone is reading it.

Well done on your SF picks and it was an excellent preview on the Fenerbahce game. I look forward to seeing your views on the Final

damir10
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby damir10 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:48 am

Just because no-one has replied doesn't mean that no-one is interested. This thread has had 78 views so someone is reading it.

Well done on your SF picks and it was an excellent preview on the Fenerbahce game. I look forward to seeing your views on the Final
Thank you for comment. To be honestly, I was expecting that someone could make comment about CSKA or Kuban match either. Euroleague is one of the most important tournament in Europe and I do excited while watching teams.

I will add my previews on both Kuban - Laboral ( 3rd-4th match) and Final game CSKA Moscow - Fenerbahce.

damir10
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby damir10 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:52 am

Laboral Kutxa Baskonia vs Lokomotiv Kuban

No doubt that there will be less motivation for both teams after loss a semi final game.

Kuban lost 88-81 to CSKA Moscow. Kuban is not a defensive team that they conceded 80 or more points in last 9 of 10 games and lost 7 of them. Before Final Four, they had the less chance to win title.

Laboral Kutxa is one of the great offensive team. I wrote a great analysis for them 2 days ago against Fenerbahce, as you can check it. The biggest weapon of Laboral is quick basketball. They won last 7 of 10 games when they scored 80 or more points. Adams, Bourusis and Evans are hard to defence.

Bartzokas and Perasovic declared that they both have less interest on this match after semi final games. Bartzokas mentioned that they will rest some players, included Anthony Randolph who is the best player of Kuban.

I expect that Laboral will win and get 3rd position. Stakes are low for this match.

Laboral -2 @1.96

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Sun May 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Excellent write ups. I wish I had read it before. I saw the Fenerbache market just before OT started and was tempted by the 1.67 available. But as I didn\'t even know how much OT time they played I gave it a swerve.

The market was liquid enough to keep me happy. Maybe someone could post the remaining fixtures and their start times?

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Sun May 15, 2016 1:04 pm

I\'ve just found them. final is tonight at 7pm UK time. 3rd/4th playoff at 4pm.

damir10
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby damir10 » Sun May 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Yes friend, final game is at 7 pm UK Time Zone.

And here is the my preview of final game :

Fenerbahce - CSKA Moscow

Final game of Euroleague Final-Four. Both teams well deserved to play in final game.
Fenerbahce and CSKA are the best teams so far during regular season, Top-16 and play-offs.
Therefore, we are lucky to watch the best teams in final game.

CSKA has beaten another Russian team Kuban yesterday while Fenerbahce has beaten Laboral with 11 points difference respectively after over-time.

First of all, I want to say that Final games have very different pressure and athmosphere. Everything can chance with a minute. So, in this circumstances it is very important to play final games with big names and big coaches. There is a Obradovic fact in European basketball who has won 8 Euroleague title with 4 different clubs and looking for his 9th career and 1st for Fenerbahce.

CSKA coach Itoudis was an assistant coach of Obradovic more than 13 years. So, there is a also very special moment for them. De Colo and Teodosic did great job for CSKA all season but they have mentally problems on final games. On the other hand, every player of Fenerbahce has contributed to score,rebound and assist that they have excellent system and team work.

In conclusion, I do believe legendary coach Obradovic will win his 9th career Euroleague title with Fenerbahce.
Ps: Odds are also great to cover at live. There should not be such a difference.

I had personally Fenerbahce ML @2.37 ML

But, Fenerbahce +3 @1.92 is also good to risk.

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Mon May 16, 2016 8:25 am

Damir. What a comeback and so unlucky.

Fenerbache started @2.50, drifted to 75.00 when 21 points behind in Q3, then got back level for OT going as low as 1.44. They lost by 5 pts. 500k+ matched.

I can\'t stay awake for the US stuff but the European basketball will be on my radar in future.

damir10
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby damir10 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:38 am

What a comeback and story on Euroleague Final game in my hometown, Berlin.

I was not lucky on Sunday games where lost my bet on Laboral on 3rd-4th match but it was low stake, so no worries. Laboral playing well in the first half but at second half, they just did not want to win the match.

It was too excited final game that we were so lucky to watch this top teams in Final game. CSKA played like a king in the first half where they made 20 points difference, I guess it was 30-50. But Fenerbahce did one of the most memorable comeback on last quarter, and took the lead. However, Slovenian referee Damir was evil-disposed. He did not want Fenerbahce to win the game. There was open tackle on Sloukas by left hand than Sloukas hit the floor but they did not whistle.

Shame on referees that made an impact on Final Game.

But I'm happy to took value side with Fenerbahce. As I mention on my previous posts, MVP De Colo and Teodosic are great players but they don't know how to play Final games or they can not handle with the stress with their coach Itoudis. He did very easy mistakes.

Teodosic won his first Euroleage title after 7th Final game. What a looser.
CSKA won first title after 8 years. CSKA attended last 14 of 15 Euroleague Final Fours. That's why I wrote CSKA can not play final games. Fenerbahce had great chance to win first title in their first Final game but they played very bad only on 2nd quarter and of course they could not beat referee.

@Betfairalfie , Euroleague will change format next year and it will be more competitive. I would strongly recommend you to follow.