Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:55 am

No just the angels lol, tsk tsk. I stand
No chance this month anyway.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:16 pm

Well, i'm going to back the thunder again today. Very disappointed they were humiliated so badly in san antonio, might take the wind out of their sails and see them falter in this one but i think they have a little more heart than that.

Perhaps they should look at the hockey playoffs, one game from going home can be a blessing lol

realistically though they are 9-0 in their last 9 home games v the spurs; 9-0 against the -3.5 spread too. so that's my pick, in conjunction with the moneyline.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:46 am

Overtime Loss darn.

Well the better team proceeds and we are set up for an NBA finals rematch.

I'm sure anyone but Heat fans would like to see the spurs take the title away from Miami, and i wont have any problem backing them to do so. I can only pray they dont blow it again.

Dajesus
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Dajesus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 pm

My NBA Finals preview is as follows:

short & sweet... (not)

Spurs in 6 (30%) or 7 (70%)
Its hard to see the Spurs closing it out on the Heat floor, but not impossible
Its a shame we have reverted back to 2-2-1-1-1 in time to suit the Heat not having home court. 2-3-2 would be completely better for the Spurs right now

The Heat & Spurs are a wonderful matchup puzzle
we are going to see small ball v small ball, big v small - and all variations in between...
Ultimately, the Spurs ability to spread the defence with their passing ability really makes all the difference.
They have about 66% assists on their fg's for the season, and their big 3 is only accounting for 45% of their scoring, so they can go really deep on the bench.
The Heat on other hand depend on their big 3 for 62% of their scoring, and have major issues on who they can play as their nominal center.
My main issue with the Heat is that Bosh has been wildly inconsistent this season and post season, and if he doesnt perform at a high level in most of the games, then they wont have a hope. Wade is playing better this post season, and I begin to wonder if he wont return to the mean these Finals rather than continue at that level. Lebron is Lebron. He will do his thing, but if the others arent on - he is going to be easier to close down, and the Spurs will force him to pass to the others, and if they dont step up - then this could be a whole lot easier than everyone is predicting.

The Spurs are 9-1 at home this post season, with their only loss being a shock defeat in round 1 - call it a loss of focus or something - but since then they have been a whole lot better with a massive points differential dominance.
Its hard to say they will start 2-0, but if they do - they might even have a chance to win this in 5.
I dunno why I feel so strongly about this, but I think there is a real chance for a g5 series win. (despite my wonderful 70/30% prediction above!)

As long as the Spurs have Tony back - they have a great chance to win this thing. Tony Parker allows the Spurs to be a share ball team, and at the same time he is their ultimate one-man attack. If the Spurs can space the floor with their 3 pt shooting, it opens the lanes for TP to drive/slash the lanes.

Anyway - I have the Spurs since early March at 8/1 (gift!)
I wont be laying off. I also have revenge in mind - last year I had the Spurs also, and never laid and sat dumb founded watching the last 30seconds of game 6. I was waving my arms like an idiot thinking I had it done, and then it was taken away from me...
I am every bit as sore as those Spurs players and fans.

Lets go Spurs!

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:33 pm

My NBA Finals preview is as follows:

short & sweet... (not)

Spurs in 6 (30%) or 7 (70%)
Its hard to see the Spurs closing it out on the Heat floor, but not impossible
Its a shame we have reverted back to 2-2-1-1-1 in time to suit the Heat not having home court. 2-3-2 would be completely better for the Spurs right now

The Heat & Spurs are a wonderful matchup puzzle
we are going to see small ball v small ball, big v small - and all variations in between...
Ultimately, the Spurs ability to spread the defence with their passing ability really makes all the difference.
They have about 66% assists on their fg's for the season, and their big 3 is only accounting for 45% of their scoring, so they can go really deep on the bench.
The Heat on other hand depend on their big 3 for 62% of their scoring, and have major issues on who they can play as their nominal center.
My main issue with the Heat is that Bosh has been wildly inconsistent this season and post season, and if he doesnt perform at a high level in most of the games, then they wont have a hope. Wade is playing better this post season, and I begin to wonder if he wont return to the mean these Finals rather than continue at that level. Lebron is Lebron. He will do his thing, but if the others arent on - he is going to be easier to close down, and the Spurs will force him to pass to the others, and if they dont step up - then this could be a whole lot easier than everyone is predicting.

The Spurs are 9-1 at home this post season, with their only loss being a shock defeat in round 1 - call it a loss of focus or something - but since then they have been a whole lot better with a massive points differential dominance.
Its hard to say they will start 2-0, but if they do - they might even have a chance to win this in 5.
I dunno why I feel so strongly about this, but I think there is a real chance for a g5 series win. (despite my wonderful 70/30% prediction above!)

As long as the Spurs have Tony back - they have a great chance to win this thing. Tony Parker allows the Spurs to be a share ball team, and at the same time he is their ultimate one-man attack. If the Spurs can space the floor with their 3 pt shooting, it opens the lanes for TP to drive/slash the lanes.

Anyway - I have the Spurs since early March at 8/1 (gift!)
I wont be laying off. I also have revenge in mind - last year I had the Spurs also, and never laid and sat dumb founded watching the last 30seconds of game 6. I was waving my arms like an idiot thinking I had it done, and then it was taken away from me...
I am every bit as sore as those Spurs players and fans.

Lets go Spurs!
:yes:

Jesus is backing the Spurs, i have renewed faith. I had the same series score, Spurs in 6.

I had that last year too :no: let's forget about that.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Nice preview Dajesus. Just wondering why you would choose not to lay off? Each to their own and all that but with the Spurs @ 8/1 you're in a great position to lock in some profit.

Anyway, as a Knicks fan I'm ABTH for this series (Anyone But The Heat). Seriously though, the NBA will be a much worse place when Duncan, Parker & Ginobili finally retire and what they've done for basketball in San Antonio cannot be underestimated.

The big stat for me is the rebounds. The Spurs have out rebounded the Heat 43.2 - 34.6 per game in this postseason with the Heat grabbing less than 1 in 5 offensive rebounds whilst the Spurs are almost getting 1 in 4 offensive rebounds.
More offensive rebounds = more opportunities to score and for that reason I see the Spurs outlasting the Heat

Lucky Luciano
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Lucky Luciano » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Miami win game 1 vs spurs miami by 1-10 $3.75

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:42 am

Spurs :win:

Amazing 4th quarter rally. White hot from downtown.

6 for 6 from downtown in the last 6:07, ending the game on a 31-9 run :unlucky:

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:20 am

Just watched game one,not a massive nba fan but that comeback was awesome.Planning to stay up sunday for game two and try and understand it a bit more.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:30 am

hmmmm i see the NBA finals has reverted back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format, as opposed to the 2-3-2 format.

This means game 6 will be in miami. Maybe spurs in 7 then???

---

Either way i think i like miamis chances in game 2, i think...

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:46 am

yep, heat strike back.

Too bad i cant stick to my instincts.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:40 am

Emphatic San Antonio reply! Gutted i forgot game 3 was on.

Never looked in doubt! Spurs definitely looked poised to win this thing now.