NBA bets 2013/2014

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:42 am

Bulls.. SHOCKING... so many missed point blank shots with the season on the line. Offensively offensive! so proud i backed them Image

Heartbreak Hotel for the thunder yet again. Ouch :no:

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Solid stuff from the Clips. Wouldn't surprise me to see them take this in 6 as they try to put everything behind them.

I wonder when the last time a team scored less than 70 at home with a playoff exit on the line? I thought they quit on the season when they got rid of Deng so I was surprised they got 48 wins and a top 4 seed. Helps playing in a weak conference I suppose but thought they'd at least get past Washington

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:39 pm

winning in 6 would relieve a lot of pressure, a-la Anaheim Ducks in the NHL, preferrably without the similar drama.

but I think thats very optimistic, i will be very surprised if the clippers are favored in golden state again.

I will take golden state should that be the case, likely take them anyway. Just a lot better value for how they've dominated the clippers at oracle. should the clippers actually win i would hardly be disappointed anyway.

I went Spurs -6, Nets +3.5 & over 213.5 in portland/houston, well i will when the month flicks over.

Have a good one.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Oprah eh? Free championship rings for everyone!

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:37 am

:phew:

just held on Warriors

Clippers should handle the business in game 7.

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Getting ready for the Clip show tonight! As long as we defend the perimeter well enough, they have nothing else to throw at us!
Would love for a rematch against Memphis but with no Z-Bo, I doubt they stand a chance of getting past Durant!

martinr
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby martinr » Sun May 04, 2014 6:47 am

Betting on the NBA is my guilty pleasure in life. A bit like someone who sneaks a nightly nip of top quality cognac on the sly. Totally indulgent.
So to say I'm enjoying these play-offs is a bit of an understatement.
During the regular season I mainly spot bet on teams in perceived favouable situations, but I tend to get more heavily involved at this time of the year.
Tomorrow I love the +3 line on the Nets.
Toronto have looked vulnerable to me, and Brooklyn seem to match up well against them. Without seeing any final line-ups, I'm taking the Nets +3.
As a game to watch, I'm more looking forward to the Mavs/Spurs decider, but I couldn't be betting on this game.
Well done to the Clips today.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun May 04, 2014 2:57 pm

who says home advantage doesn't matter eh? I think you can make a genuine case that all 3 Game 7 losers last night deserved a place in the next round but the highers seeds all stepped up when it mattered most.

The big one for me was Oklahoma beating Memphis and Zach Randolph has a lot to answer for after being suspended for throwing a punch in Game 6. I thought he was dominant in Memphis getting a 3-2 series lead and his absence was evident as Memphis had to change their style of play and just couldn't cope with the Thunder for the full 48 minutes.

Onto tonight and will home advantage prove key again? I personally view Brooklyn as a better team than Toronto and after taking the opening game on the road, have only lost the next 2 road games by just 5 and 2 points. The players have been critical of the atmosphere in Brooklyn and I think playing on the road will benefit them. In a likely close Game 7, I would personally side with a Brooklyn team containing Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett (2 guys who have been there and done that before) than a younger, inexperienced Toronto side.

In the other game, no 8th seed has ever beaten a top seed in a Game 7 and although Dallas have won one game on the road in this series they have their work cut out tonight as they have just 2 wins in the last 14 in San Antonio.

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:13 pm

The Clips looked good but the perimeter defense continues to let us down. We have shooters who can shoot and can't defend anything. The big difference for us would be a solid defensive 2 or 3 in the postseason no matter how this series with OKC goes. I expect us to dominate them inside but Durant can't be stopped by Barnes.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sun May 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Close one in the end in Canada. Worth noting that Brooklyn swept Miami in the regular season but surely the Heat in the playoffs are a different beast?

First game is in 48 hours by which time Miami will have had 10 days rest. Help or hindrance to the Heat?

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:40 am

Chris Paul :shock: amazing. Can they replicate such a performance!!

Pacers continue to underwhelm. They aren't getting to the Finals, surely.

Sepirothnz
2yo
Tips

Postby Sepirothnz » Wed May 07, 2014 9:07 am

Im going OKC -5.5 CP3 won't have as good game as last plus Durant will be fired up after he won the MVP award.

The Pacers - Wizards game should be very close so Im going WAS +4.