pacers you are pathetic.
:lol:

New Blog: Saints vs Arsenal Preview
Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:40 am

I don\'t think it will affect the clippers at all. The blowout win by GS in game 4 was probably retaliation for game 2. I expect clips to win game 5 easily, besides they usually lose in golden state. It was more a shock they actually pulled off the win in game 3.

I got bobcats ( lol ) pacers and spurs tonight
Why on Earth you got Bobcats with Al out injured? They are a 20-win team without the guy! By the way, Clips are affected and there are rumors some players are considering demanding trades if the league does not take action in terms of opening a case of removing DS from the position, forcing him to sell the organization. It is the biggest blowout to us fans as we established control after game three and now I am not too sure they will want to win.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:35 pm

pacers you are pathetic.
:lol:
lol i mean seriously, outscored by 23 in the second quarter at home as the #1 seed v the #8 seed in game 5 of a tied series.

Clearly they are not a finals calibre team anymore. you just don't pull that shit in a crucial game.

Now they have to win in atlanta to survive, where they historically are terrible. hawks +whatever all the way.
Last edited by jpdench3 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:41 pm

Why on Earth you got Bobcats with Al out injured? They are a 20-win team without the guy!

cause i'm a risk taker and a firm believer in anything can and does happen in sports lol

besides they hung tough for most of the game and werent too off from covering that spread

also, hindsight. If you wanna make the call make it before the game ends, nothing personal, I've just heard the captain hindsight advice too many times.

I understand your point though.
By the way, Clips are affected and there are rumors some players are considering demanding trades if the league does not take action in terms of opening a case of removing DS from the position, forcing him to sell the organization. It is the biggest blowout to us fans as we established control after game three and now I am not too sure they will want to win.
I really doubt they are going to ruin a season for all their fans and themselves of the actions of this stupid individual who will likely get his come uppance/more be revealed about this later.

I am not saying they wont for sure but it would be pretty childish on their own part if they did, would be very shameful is they just bowed out, may as well forfeit the series if thats your intention.

What everyone a part of the clipper franchise wants to see, is these guys not let it get to them, play through it, use it as another barrier to overcome and incentive for wanting to more. Overcome the adversity.

Im sure Donald Sterling will be out of the position within a month and if he doesn't budge, clearly they're going to get together and make it happen.

But really, destroy the season for all their long time hurting fans craving some success over some offcourt inappropriate remarks? that's honestly pathetic in my mind. Be Strong clippers it's just one idiot. Even if he's in a powerful postition, that can be changed and it doesnt reflect what the club's about.

Again, I would be completely surprised if they let it destroy their season.

If your principal at school had said similar things right before end of the school year examination and you were african-american, would you let just abandon everything you'd worked for over one moron. Or just hope the committee was wise enough to get him out of there and just ignore it until it was an appropriate time to deal with the issue?

If there was a lunatic trying to physically hurt the players, sure, thats something you cant take chance with and have to take immediate action. But this is a naive individual in a leadership position, (we've seen those before in an even greater position of power - george W.), they need to wait for the right time to deal with this and not run around like headless chickens.

I'm personally surprised they are so shocked anyway. Back 50-60 years ago racism was very much acceptable in their culture. How can you not at least suspect someone like that doesnt harbour these views. Pretty sure most american males from that generation from American have racist thoughts, just to different extents. Hell i'm related to ones who do lol.

When i heard this news i just shook my head at what a fool he is and said to the television "from a net worth of billions to one sterling in seconds, clippers breaking records again!".

Suppose some are more emotiona than l am. Clearly what went down is in no way appropriate but are they gonna let him win?

And control after game 3? lol what, we (clippers) came within one shot of blowing that game, we have a miserable record in oakland and we've been blown out plenty of times @ oracle, even once this season prior to it by a similar score.

The players said after that game it wasn't the reason behind the loss, obviously disheartened by it but i think thats the truth, golden state needed that more and they can and do beat anyone at home when they're shooting like that.

I mean look at the scoreline 118-97.

In game 3 we won 96-98 win

Barely any different in the LA score, they just shot far far better in game 4 and we reaped the consequences, as we often do there.

Obviously they're not happy about it but the result was nothing out of the ordinary from what i've seen before.

Seems like just a typical emotional roller coaster the fans go through while supporting their team. I'm gonna say a step ahead and say they can get past this.

Even if they lose i doubt it will be due to not trying.

In reality Donald Sterling has been there the whole time. this man has been the owner the whole season and what the past 32/33 seasons?. He's always been there, they know something they would've preferred not to know but his views had in no way affected you in the past so just because you're aware of the ignorance why should it ruin your goals, your destiny/the fans hopes when it can be easily dealt with in the coming offseason months?

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Even though the Pacers ended up as the no.1 seed and were the best team in the East for the majority of the season I think it's been quite clear for a while that they are struggling (although I had them to get past the Hawks in 5).

As for the Clippers, it's a very emotive subject especially for the fans (of which I am not - Knicks for me for my sins :no: ).
A decision is due around 7pm UK time tonight on any sanctions against Donald Sterling so the NBA is to be applauded in hopefully dishing out some sort of punishment before the start of a crucial Game 5.

This goes far beyond the game of basketball and Doc Rivers has already said he's out if Sterling stays adding to the fact that sponsors are running away from the Clippers faster than Usain Bolt can run.
Sponsors aren't going to want to be associated with any players who are linked to the Clippers either so the players are probably more focused on where they can get their next big paycheck from rather than winning any type of playoff series (a sad fact of modern sport)

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Why on Earth you got Bobcats with Al out injured? They are a 20-win team without the guy!

cause i'm a risk taker and a firm believer in anything can and does happen in sports lol

besides they hung tough for most of the game and werent too off from covering that spread

also, hindsight. If you wanna make the call make it before the game ends, nothing personal, I've just heard the captain hindsight advice too many times.

I understand your point though.
By the way, Clips are affected and there are rumors some players are considering demanding trades if the league does not take action in terms of opening a case of removing DS from the position, forcing him to sell the organization. It is the biggest blowout to us fans as we established control after game three and now I am not too sure they will want to win.
I really doubt they are going to ruin a season for all their fans and themselves of the actions of this stupid individual who will likely get his come uppance/more be revealed about this later.

I am not saying they wont for sure but it would be pretty childish on their own part if they did, would be very shameful is they just bowed out, may as well forfeit the series if thats your intention.

What everyone a part of the clipper franchise wants to see, is these guys not let it get to them, play through it, use it as another barrier to overcome and incentive for wanting to more. Overcome the adversity.

Im sure Donald Sterling will be out of the position within a month and if he doesn't budge, clearly they're going to get together and make it happen.

But really, destroy the season for all their long time hurting fans craving some success over some offcourt inappropriate remarks? that's honestly pathetic in my mind. Be Strong clippers it's just one idiot. Even if he's in a powerful postition, that can be changed and it doesnt reflect what the club's about.

Again, I would be completely surprised if they let it destroy their season.

If your principal at school had said similar things right before end of the school year examination and you were african-american, would you let just abandon everything you'd worked for over one moron. Or just hope the committee was wise enough to get him out of there and just ignore it until it was an appropriate time to deal with the issue?

If there was a lunatic trying to physically hurt the players, sure, thats something you cant take chance with and have to take immediate action. But this is a naive individual in a leadership position, (we've seen those before in an even greater position of power - george W.), they need to wait for the right time to deal with this and not run around like headless chickens.

I'm personally surprised they are so shocked anyway. Back 50-60 years ago racism was very much acceptable in their culture. How can you not at least suspect someone like that doesnt harbour these views. Pretty sure most american males from that generation from American have racist thoughts, just to different extents. Hell i'm related to ones who do lol.

When i heard this news i just shook my head at what a fool he is and said to the television "from a net worth of billions to one sterling in seconds, clippers breaking records again!".

Suppose some are more emotiona than l am. Clearly what went down is in no way appropriate but are they gonna let him win?

And control after game 3? lol what, we (clippers) came within one shot of blowing that game, we have a miserable record in oakland and we've been blown out plenty of times @ oracle, even once this season prior to it by a similar score.

The players said after that game it wasn't the reason behind the loss, obviously disheartened by it but i think thats the truth, golden state needed that more and they can and do beat anyone at home when they're shooting like that.

I mean look at the scoreline 118-97.

In game 3 we won 96-98 win

Barely any different in the LA score, they just shot far far better in game 4 and we reaped the consequences, as we often do there.

Obviously they're not happy about it but the result was nothing out of the ordinary from what i've seen before.

Seems like just a typical emotional roller coaster the fans go through while supporting their team. I'm gonna say a step ahead and say they can get past this.

Even if they lose i doubt it will be due to not trying.

In reality Donald Sterling has been there the whole time. this man has been the owner the whole season and what the past 32/33 seasons?. He's always been there, they know something they would've preferred not to know but his views had in no way affected you in the past so just because you're aware of the ignorance why should it ruin your goals, your destiny/the fans hopes when it can be easily dealt with in the coming offseason months?
I did not see your comment last night, but had to comment cause I have been betting on basketball for over 15 years and a bet like that I can only call "crazy" considering the circumstances. I thought you missed the news. As for the Clippers...I am a 20 year Clips fan and I know our history better, but I also know this is NOT the first time this has happened and last time it happened, we were shit as a result. I spoke with Baron Davis today and he knows best how players feel about such situations. The fans are divided but there are many who want the team to lose the series and are ready to boycott it until that black hole is out of the organization!

swashbuckler
Stallion
Tips

Postby swashbuckler » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Sky Sports reporting that Donald Sterling has received a life ban from NBA plus a £1.5 million fine :yes:

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Confirmed - he is banned and is to pay 2.5 mil. dollars. This is what we Clips fans wanted to hear and now this team will indeed play for the fans. The league will probably take control of the Clippers and look for new owner.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Confirmed - he is banned and is to pay 2.5 mil. dollars. This is what we Clips fans wanted to hear and now this team will indeed play for the fans. The league will probably take control of the Clippers and look for new owner.
An owner's vote with a 75% majority is the only legal way the league can force him to sell and Adam Silver is going to push for this as swiftly as possible (that's how I understand it anyway). The sad reality is that a bidding war will probably ensue and Sterling could profit hugely from the sale.

Agree about playing for the fans. I don't know what the line was pre-news conference but it's slowly creeping up from -6.5 2 hours ago to -7 now. The public are definitely going to pile on the Clippers.

The sad thing about this is that it has detracted from what has been a superb set of games so far with at least 5 of the 8 series guaranteed to go to a Game 6.

For tonight, I fancy the Thunder to pull away from a determined Memphis team and cover the -7. After running away in the 4th quarter of Game 1, Oklahoma have been taken to OT in the last 3 games (losing twice) but this is a Thunder team who lost only 7 times at home in the regular season.
Kevin Durant is a big game player and he's shooting just under 40% in the postseason compared with just over 50% in the regular season. I fully expect him to step up tonight with a loss giving Memphis the chance to wrap it up at home.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:13 pm

I did not see your comment last night, but had to comment cause I have been betting on basketball for over 15 years and a bet like that I can only call "crazy" considering the circumstances. I thought you missed the news. As for the Clippers...I am a 20 year Clips fan and I know our history better, but I also know this is NOT the first time this has happened and last time it happened, we were shit as a result. I spoke with Baron Davis today and he knows best how players feel about such situations. The fans are divided but there are many who want the team to lose the series and are ready to boycott it until that black hole is out of the organization!
Yeah well i'm glad you or some of our fanbase are not the face of the franchise.

That is not only a horrible idea which we'd look back on in regret but boycotting would destroy what has been the most successful year in fanchise history. To boot but the league is clearly in full support of the clippers and he's already been banned.

Who wants a black mark, no pun intended, over the entire season and this incident sticking out for years to come?

O look now people think the Clippers will win again, the line is going up.

Not "crazy" at all, it's reason. Why would you ruin an entire season over one person's political views regardless how childish/ignorant they are.
Players who make it to the big time lean to be resilient, you learn that at all school and through childhood. It's what makes them get this far. Basketball is what the players love, it defines them, they will bring out their feelings/frustrations through the art of masterful dunking and sick long range shooting.

After today, what's gonna make them feel better?

i) taking a loss and still having lingering thoughts about this guy ruining your chances & your entire season.

ii) a rebound victory where you've shown you can put those incidents behind you and say you haven't let that one guy get the better of you.

---

Cmon they play in the USA and in hollywood, what do you expect is going to happen.

jpdench3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jpdench3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:34 am

in the words of ralph lawrer...

BINGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

well done clippers, they needed that.