The 2017/8 Season Playoffs - Discussion & Selections

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: The 2017/8 Season Playoffs - Discussion & Selections

Postby TouchdownTips » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:41 pm

I really fancy Le'Veon Bell to get a lot of touches and a tonne of yards tonight. I was looking through the Request A Bets that firms run but some of the odds are just pure evil! Bell to rush for more than 180 yards with SkyBet...4/1!! Only 15 players have ever rushed for more than 180 yards in a playoff game and how many playoff games has there been? 100's...1000's? It should be about 20/1!

Edit - to be fair it's 180 scrimmage yards. It's still a poor price though.
When I was looking earlier in the morning 365 had him at o15.5 carries, skybet had 23.5 was all ready to fire on it, checked at the end of my write up to place and it jumped to 22.5 very frustrating.

Logic says he should get a lot of the ball, but who knows with Tomlin, he's an arrogant sod so I wouldn't be shocked to see him go after the CBs because he thinks he can beat them

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:18 am

The greatest sport in the world...period! That ending in Minnesota...hard to put into words!
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:33 am

Championship Games are set:

Jaguars at Patriots, 3:05 pm EST.

Vikings at Eagles, 6:40 pm EST.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

A bit of panic in the Patriots camp as it appears a team mate hit Tom Brady's throwing hand and he's required treatment. It doesn't appear he's in danger of not playing this Sunday but if you're a Jags pass rusher, you might be tempted to make sure you get at his hand if hitting him!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:21 pm

I'm not seeing much in terms of opportunity for anytime TD scorers this coming weekend but this does tend to happen in the playoffs as your options are more limited and any possible injuries/missing players/replacements are much more under the microscope.

Given my love of backing long prices for QB's then Case Keenum at 20's with bet365 and Nick Foles at 18's with SkyBet is getting done, just very small stakes for interest. Both D's are also tempting as 11/2 for the Eagles and 4/1 about the Vikings is also there so whilst I'm not going with multiple bets I wouldn't put anyone off a shot on either or bioth of those. It feels like a game where a defensive TD could well happen.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Championship Games Experts Blog:

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/index.php?c=23

Mogweister
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Mogweister » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:15 pm

I spotted a nice little anytime td scorer matchwinner, combination bet. On Betfair.

Jacksonville jaguars to win and Leonard fournette to score anytime. 9/2 odds on that.
Bit their hand off straight away on that lol.
If I'd studied at school as hard as I study the horse racing form, I could have been a rocket scientist... :eyebrows:

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Unlucky Mogweister it looked like you had that one in the bag at one point but once again the Patriots show why they are the greatest dynasty ever and Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever. Is the latter even an argument now?

I started watching the game in the 80's and for most of my NFL fandom I've believed the best QB ever was Joe Montana. Even at the back end of his career when he could hardly throw deep and struggled to stay healthy he still nearly dragged the Chiefs to the Super Bowl and he too pulled off many a comeback when it seemed unlikely but Brady has blown everything he has done away and you can even argue that he has had lesser talent around him. Apart from Gronk and a couple of years of Randy Moss he's played over half his career without elite receivers and he's never had a dominant Running Back.

Anyway, he's now in his 8th Super Bowl, an outstanding achievement that may never be bettered in my lifetime.

As for the Eagles - Vikings...wow! I had gone for an Eagles win and stated I felt they'd do the overs in the total on the blog (I even guessed at 45 points correctly!) but I didn'r expect it to be so one-sided, especially after the Vikes got the ball and drove down the field with ease to score.

However, a bit like the Vikings high was their incredible win over the Saints with a last gasp TD, I suspect this is the Eagles pinnacle this season. I'll put up the Super Bowl thread now but the Patriots are, and deserve to be, clear favourites.