OFL VIII - WEEK 11

rjholland
Classic Winner
Tips

Re: OFL VIII - WEEK 11

Postby rjholland » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Haha, this week is an utter shambles...hilarious though. Q2 says "simply add up", how can it be anything else.

sevvy69
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby sevvy69 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:05 pm

:shock:
Last edited by sevvy69 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sevvy69
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby sevvy69 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Question was about 4 teams with suprising defences...add up rush pass yards against those 4 teams and add 20pts per sack interseption or fumble recovered and 50pts for defence TD...by the 4 mentioned teams ...feared the worsed this week so not surprised in the slightest.. :no:

superslatts
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby superslatts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Ok...

Can I ask in future that when clarity over a Q appears in the thread it is edited into the original questions.. as that is what I look at to get my answers .. i dont look through a 6 page thread ..it appears half of the head coaches do the same

It's getting slightly annoying now that you pretty much know you have lost before the games start ... it's taking away from the fun of watching the games..
I've to agree with Jay here.
Looking at the predictions here a lot of us are in the same boat.
I look at the question and even on 2nd looking it looks more like a hyphen.
Lets hope for a shed load of sacks and defensive pick 6s to bring it below the 100% mark.
Winner NFL Feb '09
Winner US Sports Pro May '09
Winner NFL Forum Challenge Divisional Playoffs '10
USA Sports Blogger #1 Apr 2011
Tennis Blogger #1 May 2011

rjholland
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby rjholland » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:07 pm

I second all that. Please let me know in the question if "add up" means "subtract"!! :lose:

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm already starting to regret this question setting malarkey!

So to clarify a couple of points:

The fumbles in Q2 are fumbles recovered so if Chicago recovers a fumble, that is -20 points, if they force a fumble but its recovered by the offense, that doesn't count. While we're here, Q2 does have the potential to be negative, so put answer as negative if applicable. Therefore I believe 100% rule won't apply.

The fumbles in Q3 for those three players are fumbles forced , they don't necessarily have to be recovered by that player or any defensive player to count.

Hope that sorts you lot out! - no more please :no: :no:

This should of cleared it up maybe people did not see it i did see it but forgot lol

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Haha, this week is an utter shambles...hilarious though. Q2 says "simply add up", how can it be anything else.
No it's not hilarious.

In fairness I didn't check everything with a fine tooth comb as I usually do this week as I'm so busy.

I have 7 years of putting questions together and have become accustomed to making sure every base is covered. Alas this week it was more a case of 'fire and forget' due to time and someone else posting questions.

If at the end of the day the questions ruin the week simply due to terminology it's lost the whole point. GMAN has already sent me questions for next week. I will make sure they are easily distinguished.

After GMAN next week, we have KanKeano with 8 years experience putting them together and Hogsback the week after with the same veteran status. Taking nothing away from DanB, cos I actually think the questions are good and give us something else to think about. I get a bit tired of trying to come up with different questions - after all I have posted over 700 since we started!

.....and I posted the Hail Mary. You wouldn't have liked DanB's :lol:
SUPERBOLBG Creator & Commissioner!
SUPERBOLBG V WORLD CHAMPIONS!
2x NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

OFL WEBSITE HERE!
http://superbolbg.weebly.com/

Read my BLOGS here!
http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Chipmonkadidooda

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Apologies for the wording in the question - although you can add up positive and negative numbers... I appreciate looking at it where the misunderstanding can come from.

I don't think I'm ever going to hear the end of this! :(

New Blog: Saints vs Arsenal Preview
Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Apologies for the wording in the question - although you can add up positive and negative numbers... I appreciate looking at it where the misunderstanding can come from.

I don't think I'm ever going to hear the end of this! :(
Takes the pressure off the AWAYTEAM! :lol:

OFL WEBSITE HERE!

Read my BLOGS here!

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Ok...

Can I ask in future that when clarity over a Q appears in the thread it is edited into the original questions.. as that is what I look at to get my answers .. i dont look through a 6 page thread ..it appears half of the head coaches do the same

It's getting slightly annoying now that you pretty much know you have lost before the games start ... it's taking away from the fun of watching the games..
In fairness, there were minus signs after 2 of the sentences and a + after 1 of them...common sense prevails. I’m exactly like you, and only look at the first page when answering...but the rule of thumb has to be If uncertain, you need to ask...you know anything can happen in this game. We’ve all been on the wrong side of decisions over the years, but nothing can be done once the answers are in. Now wait till scores get amended after you’ve been told you beat last year’s champs and divisional rivals (who are 2 games ahead but would be level otherwise)...that’s when you can have a gripe ;)

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm

I can see there may not be a season 9. :no:

OFL WEBSITE HERE!

Read my BLOGS here!

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:29 pm

I'll leave it here as a decision has been made but Danny.. if it says simply add up then surely you spell out subtract when you are expecting subtraction to take place