OFL VIII - WEEK 8 (EARLY KICK-OFF SUNDAY!)

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: OFL VIII - WEEK 8 (EARLY KICK-OFF SUNDAY!)

Postby danbradley » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:43 pm

It works in a series: you get the first question right and you reclaim the ball, you get the second right and you get a FG, you get the third right and that FG turns into a TD.

I will obviously leave to Chip to clarify but I think the question was clear, you can't score 10 points from an onside kick recovery after all, so this is the only way the scoring makes sense.

ALthough wouldn't mind Chip saying I am wrong as it would mean another defeat for an AFC East team! :kiss:

Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

TheAwayTeam
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TheAwayTeam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:04 pm

Would you be willing to explain rule R1.10?

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:10 pm

Thanks for your concern Dan :(

raider22
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby raider22 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:21 pm

This rule is in relation to a two part question, match winner and points total.
The question this week is a three part question, hence three answers and match winner not requested.
Chip mixes things up as he sees fit, pretty clear to me that you have to get the first two correct for the 3 points.
Chip will explain in due course I'm sure.

TheAwayTeam
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TheAwayTeam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:24 pm

The question this week is a three part question, hence three answers and match winner not requested.
Chip mixes things up as he sees fit, pretty clear to me that you have to get the first two correct for the 3 points.
I can't find anything in the rules regarding a three part question, maybe you can tell me where i can find it...

raider22
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby raider22 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:36 pm

I can't find anything in the rules regarding a three part question, maybe you can tell me where i can find it...
There isn't .
If you look back throughout the season there are several different types that are used. Week 6 was a 4 part question.
Chip is probably a tad busy to update all aspects of the website, I've noticed the sending predictions section needs updating for one.
Pull your finger out Chip :P

TheAwayTeam
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TheAwayTeam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:44 pm

There isn't .
If you look back throughout the season there are several different types that are used.
I used the information that was avaliable on the onside kick, all information that is avaliable to it to be correct. You are now telling me that the rulebook is not used in this situation? In all fairness isn't it normal to assume the rules most close to it are being used? I've been told by chip to use the website to know the rules, I did...and now i'm being told it's not correct! And the same person who told me to use the website will tell me it's incorrect and I will lose my game due to that?

raider22
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby raider22 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Perhaps Chip can explain better.
This is his response to a query in week 6, a similar situation.
Can I just clarify the onside kick question and its scoring:

[b]Who wins the game? - CORRECT ANSWER RECOVERS THE BALL!
Will the game be under or over 43.5 points - 3 points
Which team will rush for the most yards? - 7 points
How many points scored in the last quarter by BOTH teams? - 2 point conversion made!

Is there a maximum of 9 points on offer, or 12?

To get the touchdown so I just need the rushing questions right or both that and the over/under?

Can I get the two point conversion if I haven't got the touchdown question, and if that is being tagged on to the touchdown, does it count as 8 in total rather than 9?

No it's a laddered question. You have to get EACH one right to progress to the next.

If you don't get the 1st question right 'who win's the game', you failed to get possession of the ball, so you can't score anything. Get that and you have a chance to get a fieldgoal if you get the next question right and so on.

You can only get a maximum of 8 points if you get THEM ALL RIGHT!

You won't get 7 points just for hitting the rushing question if you haven't already got the first two right.
[/b]

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:12 pm

OH MY!!

I AM NOT HOME AT THE MOMENT AND ONLY ON THE PHONE SO CAN ONLY BE BRIEF.......

Firstly the outcome of the game.......If two teams end the 4 quarters with equal points, the overtime is the first thing that occurs. Hail mary/onside etc is not relevant. as the rule states the hail mary/onside kick is only applicable to the team losing by a score or less.

Now the AWA@JAY game. After 4 quarters it was 17-17, but Jaydubs had an armoury card still in play. In that scenario the game is not over yet! Jaydubs ahs scored a fiedgoal for the armoury card. 20-17. At this point the AWAYTEAM are the team in a position to try for the onside kick.

Now the key point - ONSIDE KICK QUESTIONS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN STEPPED QUESTIONS! You HAVE to get each part in sequence to progress. Think if it like an actual onside kick play - Part 1 you get the ball back, part 2 correct you get enough yardage for a fieldgoal, part 3 right you then PROGRESS from a fieldgoal to a TOUCHDOWN. It has ALWAYS been like this.

As an example if you failed to get the first part right (getting the ball back) how could you then score a touchdown without the ball!

Now as for the rules. Yes Rule 1.10 is applicable to the two part question. On my part I need to add to the rules. I am always adding to the rules as new ideas come on board for question ideas. (We haven't had 2 point conversion opportunities before this season for instance and as yet I haven't put that in the rules yet. I try to keep it all up to date, but alas I don't have an admin team behind me.......

The result of the game is 20-17 to the JUGGERNAUTS if AWAYTEAM didn't get as far correctly predicting the first two parts of the onside kick question (I am unable to check that, but am presuming from what has been said AWAYTEAM got ball back, but failed to get 2nd part right and then got 3rd part right? In this case AWAYTEAM FAILED at the 3 point stage - POSSESSION OVER. GAME OVER.

I cannot update until Thursday unfortunately folks, but will do as soon as possible.

:win:
SUPERBOLBG Creator & Commissioner!
SUPERBOLBG V WORLD CHAMPIONS!
2x NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

OFL WEBSITE HERE!
http://superbolbg.weebly.com/

Read my BLOGS here!
http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Chipmonkadidooda

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:17 pm

There isn't .
If you look back throughout the season there are several different types that are used.
I used the information that was avaliable on the onside kick, all information that is avaliable to it to be correct. You are now telling me that the rulebook is not used in this situation? In all fairness isn't it normal to assume the rules most close to it are being used? I've been told by chip to use the website to know the rules, I did...and now i'm being told it's not correct! And the same person who told me to use the website will tell me it's incorrect and I will lose my game due to that?
AT, the rules as they stand on the website will not take the game away from and will not give you the game either, so the rules aren't going against you. As stated, and as has been explained by Chip in previous weeks, this is a three-part question which requires you to get each step correct IN TURN (not out of turn). Step 1 correct gets you the ball back (wrong, and it's over), step 2 correct will score a FG (wrong, and it's over), and step 3 correct will UPGRADE that to a TD (wrong and you only score a FG). Since both you and Jaydubs were wrong on step 2, no-one scores anything from the 2-min offense - even if both of you could play it.

BUT... let's allow Chip to confirm :win:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:20 pm

BUT... let's allow Chip to confirm :win:
and i just have. Now I'm away until Thursday!
SUPERBOLBG Creator & Commissioner!
SUPERBOLBG V WORLD CHAMPIONS!
2x NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

OFL WEBSITE HERE!
http://superbolbg.weebly.com/

Read my BLOGS here!
http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Chipmonkadidooda

TheAwayTeam
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TheAwayTeam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:27 pm

The result of the game is 20-17 to the JUGGERNAUTS if AWAYTEAM didn't get as far correctly predicting the first two parts of the onside kick question (I am unable to check that, but am presuming from what has been said AWAYTEAM got ball back, but failed to get 2nd part right and then got 3rd part right? In this case AWAYTEAM FAILED at the 3 point stage - POSSESSION OVER. GAME OVER.
An e-mail from the OFL headquarters has been received tonight by the Cowboys management, everyone on the team has been informed about the shocking decicion to change the outcome of Sundays game. Tomorrow everyone involved will be at the board room to discuss this matter, and will decide on what to do. More information to follow!