OFL VIII - WEEK 6

johno
At Stud
Tips

Re: OFL VIII - WEEK 6

Postby johno » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:06 am

I've had a quick look and have 144 for Q4 - and got the same for Q2 with 960. Basically for Q4 whoever put the highest number in each matchup won!

Stamina, I think you are leading this 20-14 with my Denver D to come and then the onside kick. Depends whether my 7 for Q4 is halved to get 3 or 4? I would have thought 4, as you would normally round 3.5 up to 4? Will leave for Chip to do when he gets the time
Dan, for D tactical cards its.... 3 in your instance. (14 points become 7, 10 down to 5, 7 down to 3 and 3 is down to 0)
OLBG since 2005

SUPERBOLBG VII CHAMPIONS
AFC South Champions Season 6 & 7
NFC South Champions Season 4

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:09 am

I've had a quick look and have 144 for Q4 - and got the same for Q2 with 960. Basically for Q4 whoever put the highest number in each matchup won!

Stamina, I think you are leading this 20-14 with my Denver D to come and then the onside kick. Depends whether my 7 for Q4 is halved to get 3 or 4? I would have thought 4, as you would normally round 3.5 up to 4? Will leave for Chip to do when he gets the time
Dan, for D tactical cards its.... 3 in your instance. (14 points become 7, 10 down to 5, 7 down to 3 and 3 is down to 0)
Thanks Johno, fingers crossed for a Denver shutout tonight then!

New Blog: Saints vs Arsenal Preview
Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:14 am

Thanks Johno, fingers crossed for a Denver shutout tonight then!

No shut-out, sadly, Dan. In a weekend of crazy results, the Giants are all over the Broncos -leading 10-0 in the 2nd quarter!
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

craig01706
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby craig01706 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:23 am

As promised, i struggled to get into the stadium last night ! Thankfully a couple of Jim hater Brexans snuck me in with them and i got to see my boys play ! Was disappointing to hear some of the Brexans faithful calling for the HC's head however ! Even cries of replace him with Chip! Make of that what you will !

Hogsback
At Stud
Tips

Postby Hogsback » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 am

No comment from me

sevvy69
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby sevvy69 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:58 am

Q2...its total yds for player in that position if a RB got 80 yds rushing and 50 yds recieving ..he only enters calculations on the recieving side if he was in top 3 for hes team as it states in question ...Rushing and recieving are two seperate categories for me :yes:

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Right, sorry I wasn't around last night. Time to untangle the debacle that is week 6! Dear me. Not the best weekend of OFL questions, not helped by the results I might add though.

Some clarification to come. Before I start I know not everyone will be happy, but I have to come down one side or the other. I've already had loads of PM's thrown my way! :no:

Give me some time.....
SUPERBOLBG Creator & Commissioner!
SUPERBOLBG V WORLD CHAMPIONS!
2x NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

OFL WEBSITE HERE!
http://superbolbg.weebly.com/

Read my BLOGS here!
http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Chipmonkadidooda

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Right, sorry I wasn't around last night. Time to untangle the debacle that is week 6! Dear me. Not the best weekend of OFL questions, not helped by the results I might add though.

Some clarification to come. Before I start I know not everyone will be happy, but I have to come down one side or the other. I've already had loads of PM's thrown my way! :no:

Give me some time.....

And once again.... crazy week in the NFL, crazy week on the OFL!! :D :P

Mind you, I don't know what I'm laughing at... I have a feeling I've been mugged by a gang of Morris Dancers!! :(
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

craig01706
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby craig01706 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Give me some time.....
Mugged ? Pfft you gave it to us :-)

And once again.... crazy week in the NFL, crazy week on the OFL!! :D :P

Mind you, I don't know what I'm laughing at... I have a feeling I've been mugged by a gang of Morris Dancers!! :(

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Clarification on Q2 and Q3.

QUARTER 2

Some confusion over what is to be included and what's not to be included for yardage. When I was setting the question I was looking at the 'Recap' tab that comes up as default when you look at a game on the game page. What you get on that page is the 'team leaders' for the game. This is what I based the question on, I just added another receiver.

As a result the question is asking for the yardage in their position. If they had been the top performer in another category they would have showed up in both. As a result the answer to quarter 2 is:

GB
HUNDLEY 157
A.JONES 41
T.MONGOMERY 28
J.NELSON 60
D.ADAMS 54
R.COBB 28

MIN
C.KEENUM 239
J.MCKINNON 69
L.MURRAY 28
A.THIELEN 97
L.TREADWELL 51
K.RUDOLPH 47

TOTAL 899

QUARTER 3 - RESULT: -12

We are going to have to put this down to experience, but in future the 100% rule WILL NOT APPLY in this instance where there is possibility for the answer to be either + or - because the margin for error is too finite. The fact it went minus meant NO-ONE could possibly get close. Those who put low scores are effectively losing out, but I can't don't anything now and i can't invoke pulling the rule AFTER the fact. Q3 is void and no-one gets points.

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE NOT WORKED OUT ANY OF THE RESULTS AS YET. I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE WORKING OUT RESULTS AND MADE NO PRE-JUDGEMENTS ON GAME SITUATIONS. YOU'LL HAVE TO TRUST ME!

OFL WEBSITE HERE!

Read my BLOGS here!

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:46 pm

RESULT FOR QUARTER 1

Oh how the TYKES will rejoice!!!! :no:

THE TOP 3 TEAMS IN RUSHING FOR BONUS FIELDGOALS ARE:

CHICAGO BEARS - 231
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 193 (Where did that come from? They got rid of Peterson last week!!!!) :lol:
MIAMI DOLPHINS - 138

Extra Fieldgoal scored in Q1 by the following teams. All got Chicago Bears.

HOGSBACK
GINGERZOLA
DANBRADLEY
ABERONN
UNDERTHEROBE
GJA1979
DANNYCRAIG
RAIDER22
TITANS CHOICE

OFL WEBSITE HERE!

Read my BLOGS here!

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 pm

WEEK 6 LATEST SCORES

WOW! It's obviously a low scoring affair across the OFL in week 6! No points in Quarter 3, Most miles off in Q4, but no game outside 100% and 11 defence cards in play have culminated in a week of scores that at present look like half-times!

Still there's one thing it means there are plenty of games still looking toward tonight's NFL game for armoury cards leg-ups and the onside kick on offer!

Here goes then, Where the result is FINAL, it is shown......

DEV(1-5)…27@7…JJ(0-6) - FINAL RESULT
One of these had to come out of this game staring an 0-6 record in the face and the huge prospect of taking that record into next weeks game with a fear of equalling the all-time record for a worst start and it'the Jedi Knights who take the unenviable honour. The forcefield is down at ForceField at present. The Helldwellers take an early 10-0 lead in the 1st quarter and keep hold of it through to the end although Q4 is almost another donut for both teams as The Helldwellers scrape into it by just 4 points! Jedi Knights go to the Terminators next week to try and avoid 0-7!

GEC(5-1)…13@10…STE(3-2) - OVERTIME - FINAL RESULT
Wow! This one has loads going off in it and goes to the wire and those Minnesota Vikings NEARLY completely turn it around for the Beths Bills, but the 6ers have their own armoury up their sleeve! The Vikings smash the GB Packers with 7 sacks & Ints and that gives the Beths Bills a touchdown takeaway. The Arizona Cardinals however muster 38 points on offence and give the 6ers a fielgoal to tie this one up after 4 quarters and all that after the 6ers hit the BULLSEYE in Q2, but see ANOTHER touchdown chalked off by the Beths Bills defence card! We finish regulation time 10-10 and without the chance for either to go for the onside kick we go to overtime. The 6ers lay 114 away and the Beths Bills can only strike 162 away! 6ers win in overtime and are now 6-3 when their games go to overtime!

ARN(1-5)…7@20…SEV(3-3) - FINAL RESULT
The Bengals show their strength in the 1st half here with 2 predictions within 10% and the Terminators can't recover from that despite a late consolation in the 4th quarter. This one's in the book at 20-7 and the Bengals recover from that close loss last week against the Indians. The Terminators can't build on that win last week and it's another NFCvAFC clash that goes red!

HOG…13@17…JOH - LATEST SCORE - Swines need onside kick touchdown to win
That Colts defence turns up again to takeaway a touchdown from the Swines in Quarter 2, but this one is not dead just yet. The Swines trail by just 4 and so tonight they are looking for a touchdown with the onside kick. (Titans to get the ball back, over to get fieldgoal, Titans rushing to get touchdown, 2 pt conversion not required)

GIN(4-2)…17@7…THE(0-6) - FINAL RESULT
This one comes down to the final quarter and with only 8 between them the Maulers are on the right side of the line to take their second road win. This game was hanging on the result of Q3 with both having the same prediction and the Flamings W's banking an offence card on it this looked a tall order for the Maulers to overcome, but that they have and it's now no win in 6 and the Flaming W's are staring 0-7 in the face next weekend as they host the Bengals at the Frank Worthington Arena!

CRA(5-1)…20@7…JIM(2-3) - FINAL RESULT
Image :win: First one's on me Craig!

DAN…13@17…STA - LATEST SCORE
Have the New Orleans Saints completely turned this one around for the Comancheros? Even without a Herculean effort from Drew Brees through the air, they put up 52 points on the Lions and it a massive 10 points for the Comancheros in this one, but there's still a chance the Bobcats can snatch this one at the death if they go get a touchdown with their 2 minute offence. (Colts gets the ball back, Under gets a fieldgoal, Titans rushing gets a touchdown for the win! Bobcats need 7 tonight to win!

BOR(1-5)…0@34…GJA(3-2) - FINAL RESULT
It's the biggest win of the night and with the Chargers staring defeat in the face unless they pull off a dramatic 4th quarter revival the NFC East just got serious for the Tykes! They are the only team on the night to hit the BULLSEYE in quarter 1 and they round off the 1st half with 10 points in the 2nd quarter too! They're the highest scoring offence in the OFL through week 6 as they shut out the GoldHawks. The GoldHawks offence has gone alarming downhill week on week since week 1 (41, 33, 20, 13, 7 and now 0). 1-5 for the GoldHawks, but for the Tykes they go to 3-2 and only half a game back on the Chargers if the Chargers are consigned to their 2nd road defeat this weekend.

LAZ(3-3)…0@24…RJH(3-3) - FINAL RESULT
The battle of the exes, goes the way of the Orangemen and it's probably mission accomplished for the Orangemen as they started 0-3, but leave week 6 back up at 3-3 with the A-Bombs to come next weekend who they meet on the way back down in the NFC West! The Orangemen actually win all 4 quarters notwithstanding the 100% rule in Q3 and zest is certainly back in their game. The 76ers however drop 2 straight now and will go to Hell Highway next weekend 3-3. At least the ground will look familiar!

ABE(3-3)…10@23…DAN(2-4) - FINAL RESULT
The Pirates are finally on the right side of the board and despite a 2-4 record this win gives them a record of scoring more than they've conceded this season and the A-Bombs offence is a little dampened this last 2 weeks. Lift off for the Pirates as they go into their massive week 7 melee at the Bear Pit!

UND(5-1)…10@20…RAI(3-3) - FINAL RESULT
They've done it again! The Pain come out fighting when the opposition is at it's highest! In truth these predictions were ridicuolously close to one another, but then you would expect that from 2 of the highest AFC outfits out there. The Pain are the right side in 2 of the 3 that mattered here and they stretch their lead into an unassailable 10 point lead in the 4th quarter to thwart any onside kick heroics from the Indians! The Indians winning run is over and wouldn't you just know the Indians lose in the same week as the Kansas City Chiefs! Honestly how often? The rest of the AFC North takes a huge sigh of relief! The Raider Pain turn 1-3 into 3-3 against arguable the 2 best franchises in the OFL right now! Don't write of those Black and whites just yet!

BRU(2-4)…7@24…AWA(5-1) - FINAL RESULT
The Cowboys march on! They go 5-1 in their rookie season and it's like LB1975 never left the franchise! The Eagles actually take a 10-0 lead in this one, but the AWAYTEAM fight right back and shut out the Eagles for the rest of the contest and take a further fieldgoal away from Brummie with the Chicago Bears on Sacks & Ints. They're playing like champions and the rest of the AFC West have some catching up to do!

CHI…7@20…TIT - LATEST SCORE
Well if you're gonna want to see a champions like comeback you should entrust it to the OFL's No1 ranked team. it's going to be a tall order however. If the Chargers headcoach has ever needed DeMarco Murray its tonight! First things first the Argonauts take a 13-7 lead into half-time before edging out the Chargers in the 4th quarter by 8 to put daylight between the two and in the driving seat to record a win over the Commissioners team at the first time of asking. But now the Aaron Rodgers comeback is needed! Firstly the Chargers have the Titans running game in play and that needs to garner a touchdown if the onside kick is even in play! Thread the eye of a needle then.....

KAN…7@14…SUP - LATEST SCORE
It could be a huge oversight for quarter 2 for the Bears if this one stays as it is! It's gonna have to be the full complement of 8 in the onside kick from the Bears if they're going to stun the Fortress of Solitude in this most played out of clashes! With a blown playbook for Q2 there is no way the Bears are winning this one in overtime if they do tie it up with 7 points tonight. The Bears are looking for Titans win to get the ball back, over on the points for a FG, Titans on the running game for a game tying touchdown and then 17 points in the final quarter to steal this with a 2 point PAT attempt. Would it be fitting for the first ever 8 point comeback win in one of the OFL's most storied rivalries? Hold your breath Slatts!

:win:

OFL WEBSITE HERE!

Read my BLOGS here!