Week 5 2017 (Oct 5th - 9th) - Discussion and Information

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Week 5 2017 (Oct 5th - 9th) - Discussion and Information

Postby Gman84 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Definitely be taking the under on that.

One more anytime TD scorer, Larry Fitzgerald at 9/4 with bet365. Eagles secondary isn’t too hot and got a few injuries.

toadie21
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby toadie21 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Toadies 5 ATS
Bills travel to the Bengals in good form after a good win over the Falcons in the dome. And if they can keep the Falcons offence to just 17 points then I think Dalton and the Bengals will struggle to score.
Colts are a struggling team but have improved with Brissett as fill in QB and at home they shouldn’t have any problems against the 49ers.
Panthers put in a big preformance in their vs the Patriots. But that was very uncharacteristic as they had been struggling to score previously. Lions are a strong team especially at home and this is a game they should be winning.
Seahawks and Rams is an interesting game. Rams look like they could be taking the mantle from the Seahawks in the NFC West but I just feel that the Seahawks are the more experienced team.
Ravens have been a victim of the schedule with the London game and no bye week. Their defence is strong and can take advantage of a Raiders team without QB Carr
Bills +3.5, Colts -1.5, Lions -2.5, Seahawks +1.5 & Ravens +3
BOL gang

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm

All expert blog picks updated, 4 accas to choose from and a seven fold as the consensus:

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413053

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:57 pm

More anytime TD considerations:

Trent Taylor (WR, 49ers) -13/2 with Paddy Power: I'm stealing TouchdownTips thunder here as he mentioned him in his write up on the Experts blog but Paddy Power have delivered a nice price for a player who should see more targets this week.

Justin Hunter (WR, Steelers) - 14/1 with Unibet: A long shot but had a reception last weke and has good size, the Bills used him near the red zone last year. Bryant is questionable with illness so at a big price worth a small investment IMO.

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 pm

More anytime TD considerations:

Trent Taylor (WR, 49ers) -13/2 with http://olbg.info/4/L40/D/words>Paddy Power>: I'm stealing TouchdownTips thunder here as he mentioned him in his write up on the Experts blog but http://olbg.info/4/L40/D/words>Paddy Power> have delivered a nice price for a player who should see more targets this week.

Justin Hunter (WR, Steelers) - 14/1 with http://olbg.info/77/L40/D/words target=_blank>Unibet: A long shot but had a reception last weke and has good size, the Bills used him near the red zone last year. Bryant is questionable with illness so at a big price worth a small investment IMO.
Trent Taylor or Alrick Robinson were my picks in that game. Taylor at the price is a definite shot for me :) only worry is that Davis doesn't follow players and Garçon generally doesn't play his side, meaning one of this will be covered by him. Whoever doesn't will see the targets

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:53 pm

A little late in the day, but the Underdog Blog is now up https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413065 Three picks and three honourable mentions this week. I may have to start tracking those - they did well last week!

I didn't get any direct emails from anyone for prop stuff so I haven't gone ahead an put anything up for that. Let me know if you guys feel it's not really doable (understandable given most the good stuff doesn't come out till near Sunday), but I'm happy to continue and find a way to work it if you guys are :win:

Starting this next week, the Underdog blog is going to be up on a Tuesday at the latest, because I want it up much sooner than it has been. It may mean an update now and again if a certain line I need isn't available, but I don't like waiting this long to get it up.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Does anyone have any idea whatsoever which Jags team is going to turn up in any given week? One week they looks terrible, the next they play like a postseason team!! 3 interceptions of the Steelers so far - that's top defensive action. :?
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:04 pm

You gotta feel sorry for the Browns. They outplayed the Jets yet still lost - due to their own errors! :(
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:51 pm

You gotta feel sorry for the Browns. They outplayed the Jets yet still lost - due to their own errors! :(
I don’t feel sorry for a team that turns it over twice in the opponents 10 yard line and the. When having a chance to tie the game burn a time out, go for it on 4th and 2 and just run a dive play. Awful from Hue Jackson there and frankly you can see why they don’t hardly ever win, they beat themselves as much as anything.

The Jags!? Again the D does well and if the offense doesn’t need to do much they’re fine. Somehow they didn’t need much offense today (the 90yd run was a burst at the end against a D that was trying to stop a short yardage play, no body sweeping up behind).

TouchdownTips is right about Big Ben, he looks terrible.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:13 pm

And for the Giants, a season which ought to have seen them optimistic just about ended today - Beckham has a broken leg and is OUT for the season.. :shock:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:04 pm

In general, another mad week in the NFL.

A bit of success with the anytime TD scorers. Cole Beasley and Joe Mixon went in, I also had the Jags D with SkyBet (never put it up here, was a late bet) as it was a great price (11/2, good price for a defenses nowadays). Ed Dickson did everything but score, EJ Manuel had one run that was short of the goal line and Gerald Everett was targeted in the end zone again - so near to a really good week.

As for tonight, rookie QB facing a good defense- Vikings anytime Defense - 7/2 with most firms.