OFL VIII - WEEK 2

thewish
Triple Crown Winner
Tips
Location: Market Harborough or Las Vegas, preferably the latter

Re: OFL VIII - WEEK 2

Postby thewish » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Query/suggestion for the rules committee , i.e. The commish.

Whilst I would have lost anyway it struck me yesterday that for those playing at home there is a massive advantage when questions are structured in a way that there are less variables to choose from. I.e. Smalll numbers. As the chance of a bullseye is so much greater than other questions and then those playing their tactics cards well ( i.e. Offence) can hit the jackpot. As this can have such a large swing on the game should it not be that we have 1 such question each week so that all teams can benefit evenly through the season or we do away with them.

Flames head coach being sent to Nashville to learn from the titans, that's how bad the season has started :(
"Luck Never Gives it Lends."

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Bad luck to Jim, we had very similar answers for all the questions, it just happened that in each example the correct answer fell on my side of two close guesses. Delighted to get a victory on the road against a tough opponent and with no help from the armoury cards once again! Bring on consecutive home games!

New Blog: Saints vs Arsenal Preview
Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

Chipmonkadidooda
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Chipmonkadidooda » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Full update done on earlier post........

Top, top stuff this week. I will update website tonight and tomorrow.

Week 3 already up tomorrow.

:win:
SUPERBOLBG Creator & Commissioner!
SUPERBOLBG V WORLD CHAMPIONS!
2x NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

OFL WEBSITE HERE!
http://superbolbg.weebly.com/

Read my BLOGS here!
http://www.olbg.com/blogs/Chipmonkadidooda

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 pm

RJH(0-2)…23@27…KAN(2-0)
THE BATTLE OF THE ORANGE GOES THE WAY OF THE BEARS AND ANOTHER AFC TEAM BEATS AN NFC TEAM THIS WEEKEND. THIS WAS A WIN BY SUCH SMALL MARGINS HOWEVER AS THE LAST QUARTER IS TIED SPLITTING THE PREDICTIONS AND ENSURING THE BEARS HOLD ON IN THIS BATTLE OF OFL VETERANS. THIS IS ONLY THE 2ND TIME THE ORANGEMEN HAVE STARTED THE SEASON 0-2 AND THEY DIDN'T GO TO THE PLAYOFFS THAT YEAR. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH HISTORY THE BEARS HEADCOACH KEEPS, BUT HE MIGHT NOT KNOW THAT IN 7 SEASONS IN THE OFL THE BEARS HAVE NEVER BEEN 2-0 TO START THE SEASON! BEARS ON TH HUNT FOR THE AFC SOUTH CROWN FOR A 4TH TIME? ORANGEMEN WILL BE GLAD TO SEE THE CITRUS BOWL FOR A COUPLE OF GAME NEXT UP...
Didn't know that. I was aware that we had started 0-3 a few times in previous seasons so to be 2-0 is a great relief.
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:35 pm

SUP(1-1)…24@23…DAN(0-2)
YES WE SAY IT SO OFTEN, BUT THE MARGIN BETWEEN SUCCESS AND FAILURE IN THE OFL IS SLIMMER THINNER THAN A DEVILS PROMISE. THE PIRATES FALL SHORT BY 1 POINT FOR THE 2ND WEEK IN A ROW AND THAT WILL BE HARD TO TAKE FOR THE PIRATES OFF THE BACK OF WEEK 1s SHENANIGANS! THE PIRATES ARE 1 AWAY FROM SNATCHING THIS AT THE DEATH IN THE 4TH QUARTER AS THEIR PREDICTIONS FALLS 2 SHORT AND 1 SHORT OF A FIELDGOAL TO TAKE THIS BEYOND THE CONCORDES. A SUPERB ARMOURY PERFORMANCE TOO FROMT HE PIRATES CAN'T GET THEM OVER THE LINE IN WHAT WAS A 13 POINT SHIFT. THE HEADCOACH SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE PERFORMANCE EVEN IN DEFEAT HERE. THE CONCORDES SNAP A 3 GAME LOSING STREAK TO GET THEIR FIRST WIN ON THE SEASON.

Proud? Can't be knocking the boys but I lost the first 3 quarters of this match. Yes, those answers went lower than most expected but still not good enough and am now 0-2. Fair play to the concordes. Q2's TD+FG was inspired on their part - 2 more rushing td yards and the Pirates would have been favourites to win this division...as it stands, it's a long season ahead & talks of a vote of confidence from the board are being murmured quietly.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Little to be said that wasn't said previously, in all honesty. No excuses - bring on the next set of fixtures!

At least I can have some fun in the previews lol :P
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Little to be said that wasn't said previously, in all honesty. No excuses - bring on the next set of fixtures!

At least I can have some fun in the previews lol :P
We know the real game of this coming weekend is in the fantasy football. Can't believe I've started 0-2 in both :(

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Unlucky Touchdown Tips my defense card in the 3rd quarter saved me and just held on to my home streak but will need to lift my game for my first road game of the season and i have to face a team that had a massive win in week 2.

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 pm

JAY(1-1)…33@0…JJ(0-2)
WHERE DO WE START WITH THIS ONE? LET’S PICK THE POSITIVES. THE JUGGERNAUTS PUT IN A TOP PERFORMANCE AND RECORD THEIR 2ND SHUT-OUT ROAD WIN IN WHAT IS STILL A FLEDGLING FRANCHISE AND THAT PUTS THEM No1 IN THE OFL FOR ‘PER GAME TENDENCY’ FOR SHUT OUT ROAD WINS – 2 FROM JUST 9 ROAD GAMES. WHAT WILL PLEASE THE JUGGERNAUTS IS THEY GOT THEIR 1ST WIN ON THE SEASON WITHOUT REALLY HITTING THEIR STRAPS PREDICTION ACCURACY WISE. IT'S A FRANCHISE RECORD WIN FOR THE JUGGERNAUTS HERE AT FORCEFIELD STADIUM. FOR THE JEDI KNIGHTS THIS IS A NIGHTMARE START. O POINTS FOR, 74 AGAINST AND NEXT UP ARE THE TEXAN TARTANS! THAT MIGHT BE JUST THE GAME THEYA CTUALLY NEED TO STIR THIS OFFENCE INTO CREATING PRESSURE IN THE REDZONE. IT GIVES THE COMMISSIONER NO PLEASURE IN REPORTING THAT IT'S THE WORST START TO A ROOKIE SEASON IN THE OFL. THE P.A SYSTEM HAS LINED UP A CERTAIN D:REAM SONG FOR NEXT WEEKS KICK-OFF!

Nice to get off the mark this year... the Denver run game looked good and very happy with that pick with Anderson and Charles finding yards and Booker to come back in as well... now the hell highway stadium is finished we shouldn't have any repeats of the opening week slip up back at hangar 11...

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 pm

The rookies should not get too down if they have started badly i had a poor start last season not winning to week 4 i think then it still did not get any better as i went on to go 1-7 but still finished the season 8-8.

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:00 pm

SUP(1-1)…24@23…DAN(0-2)
YES WE SAY IT SO OFTEN, BUT THE MARGIN BETWEEN SUCCESS AND FAILURE IN THE OFL IS SLIMMER THINNER THAN A DEVILS PROMISE. THE PIRATES FALL SHORT BY 1 POINT FOR THE 2ND WEEK IN A ROW AND THAT WILL BE HARD TO TAKE FOR THE PIRATES OFF THE BACK OF WEEK 1s SHENANIGANS! THE PIRATES ARE 1 AWAY FROM SNATCHING THIS AT THE DEATH IN THE 4TH QUARTER AS THEIR PREDICTIONS FALLS 2 SHORT AND 1 SHORT OF A FIELDGOAL TO TAKE THIS BEYOND THE CONCORDES. A SUPERB ARMOURY PERFORMANCE TOO FROMT HE PIRATES CAN'T GET THEM OVER THE LINE IN WHAT WAS A 13 POINT SHIFT. THE HEADCOACH SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE PERFORMANCE EVEN IN DEFEAT HERE. THE CONCORDES SNAP A 3 GAME LOSING STREAK TO GET THEIR FIRST WIN ON THE SEASON.

Proud? Can't be knocking the boys but I lost the first 3 quarters of this match. Yes, those answers went lower than most expected but still not good enough and am now 0-2. Fair play to the concordes. Q2's TD+FG was inspired on their part - 2 more rushing td yards and the Pirates would have been favourites to win this division...as it stands, it's a long season ahead & talks of a vote of confidence from the board are being murmured quietly.
'Favourites for the division'........pah.

These Pirates must have been on the grog again.
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5