Who Wins The AFC West in 2017?

Postby Gman84 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Best prices:

Kansas City Chiefs - 12/5 with Marathon Bet
Oakland Raiders - 3/1 with 188Bet
Denver Broncos - 7/2 with SkyBet
Los Angeles Chargers - 13/2 with 188Bet

Quick takes:

1, The Chiefs are a good team but they don't excite me. Even with the likes of Travis kelce and Tyreek Hill it's the running game and Alex Smith that just don't give me the believe. They have a brilliant secondary and some good pass rushers so they won't be awful and they have great home support but I'm not convinced they're a playoff team and like the Eagles, as Andy Reid gets more control, the results seem to dip.

2, In a couple of years they'll be the Las Vegas Raiders. Even with their back and forth that still sounds a little wrong. I think Derek Carr could be an MVP candidate, I'm not convinced Marshawn Lynch is the answer to the running game. He was a great player, key word there, was. I'm going to say he calls it a day again before the season is done. I think he just wanted to say he played in Oakland and a few games in the uniform will do but once the punishment starts again, I think he walks. If the Raiders D can step up closer to level of their star pass rusher, Khalil Mack, then they are in business.

3, The Broncos will be great on D again but even with Mike McCoy back in charge of the offense, a man who got Tim Tebow to the playoffs and then rebooted the offense with Peyton Manning (talk about feast and famine) I'm not sure he can get too much from Trevor Seimain or Paxton Lynch.

4, Injuries are already adding up for the Chargers but I actually think they could be a bit of a dark horse. Rivers will chuck it as much as you like and Melvin Gordon made big improvements in year 2. The pass rush duo of Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram could give Quarterbacks nightmares. I could be tempted at the price.

I think the Raiders are fair value at 3/1. They were 3/1 in some places at the same time last year and were less established and had the defending Super Bowl Champs in the division so the same price again looks very fair. I want to believe the Chargers can surprise but am I looking for something that isn't there?

Click here to read the 5 and 10 year trends and click here to read five players to watch from each team.

I look forward to the forums thoughts...

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Re: Who Wins The AFC West in 2017?

Postby Jim Brown » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:58 pm

I like the Chiefs defense this year, but that's about all I like about them. Actually that defense promises to be one of the better units in the NFL. However, Alex Smith - who has had his chances over the seasons - does not inspire as a leader of a team aimed at success. Play-offs are a possible with that defense if it works, but that's about all.

The Raiders I like as a team. Entertaining to watch, a somewhat inspiring QB in Carr, some interesting off-season changes - this could be a very interesting team this time round. Contenders for this division no doubt.

LA Chargers - as much as I like Rivers, he's getting on in years and there will be no respite for him with little-to-no running game because Melvin Gordon, no matter how good he is (and he is good), can't do it all. He'll be constantly targeted. Lots of points and yards will stack up in Chargers' games, but sadly that'll be for AND against.

Denver look to have tried to bolster the defense for the coming season. After the Superbowl they were pretty disappointing and never really got firing last season. This year could be different. I don't think McCoy will be planning to get impressive stats from either QB - but he's good enough to game plan this team to the division.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Who Wins The AFC West in 2017?

Postby titans choice » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 pm

I thought the Chargers would struggle to replace Antonio Gates who has been one of the leagues better tight ends but they have done well with Hunter Henry who had a decant rookie season just a shame that rookie Mike Williams has picked up a injury as they have tried to improve the offensive line with picks in the 2nd and 3rd round both going on guards.But this looks like a tough division and the other 3 teams look ahead of the Chargers and it looks set to be another losing season for them but i do think with Allen,Williams,Henry and Gordon they could be a serious threat to this division next year.