2017 Season Build-up/Preview/Tips/Selections

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: 2017 Season Build-up/Preview/Tips/Selections

Postby TouchdownTips » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:12 pm

I like what I see of the Rams so far. Drafted Cooper Kupp in my keeper league so nice to see him off to a strong start although these aren't the real bullets flying (obviously).
A bet that I thought looked very tempting was the Rams over 300 team points. They finished at 224 last year with the worst coaching in history. This year they've added a lot of guys on the offensive side of the ball, have one of the top 3 left tackles in the game to bolster that OL and give Goff some protection and obviously having a coach who actually tries to score points will help as well.

Over 300 points is 9/5 on 365

The other team I looked at on the total points markets was the Titans. Surprisingly the OVERs total is less than the points they scored last year? - Set at 365 when they scored 381 last season. They've improved their offense, especially redzone weapons with Corey Davis and Eric Decker adding to Delanie Walker, 2 good RBs running behind a top 5 offensive line. I don't see how they will score less than last year!.

Over 365 also 9/5 on 365

If there's any other bookies offering the market then I'm open to checking there too, but I couldn't find anywhere else

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Interesting market TT. The Jets scored 275 points in 2016 & are being quoted at 13/8 for under 261 in 2017. I think the bookmakers have lost their marbles on that one.

What have they seen that makes them think the Jets are going to put up anywhere close to last season's total? Their 3 top receivers have gone or been lost to injury and their projected starting QB has averaged a TD every 26-27 passes in his career (1 in 34.5 over the last 4 years).

This Jets offense will be setting records left, right & centre this season but for the wrong reasons & as well as having a realistic chance at going 0-16, if they fail to top 160 points then I wouldn't be surprised.

As far as I'm concerned, bet365 are giving me a 100 point buffer here & I'm going to snap it up

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Interesting market TT. The Jets scored 275 points in 2016 & are being quoted at 13/8 for under 261 in 2017. I think the bookmakers have lost their marbles on that one.

What have they seen that makes them think the Jets are going to put up anywhere close to last season's total? Their 3 top receivers have gone or been lost to injury and their projected starting QB has averaged a TD every 26-27 passes in his career (1 in 34.5 over the last 4 years).

This Jets offense will be setting records left, right & centre this season but for the wrong reasons & as well as having a realistic chance at going 0-16, if they fail to top 160 points then I wouldn't be surprised.

As far as I'm concerned, http://olbg.info/7/L3/D/words>bet365> are giving me a 100 point buffer here & I'm going to snap it up
Yep, them and the Ravens were the Unders that I was looking at on there. The Jets could well be historically bad, I've heard people saying they could even be single digit TDs for the season (for the reasons you stated above) - (I've been asking the Request a bet guys for odds on Justin Tucker to outscore the Jets offence ... Best offer so far a disgustingly horrible 10/1 from Ladbrokes, I was expecting 50s+)

And talking of Justin Tucker...

The Ravens just don't have much going on offence, they have a below average RB, all their players are getting injured and Flacco hasn't been accurate for quite a while. I don't rate Maclin, Wallace or Perriman (or Canyanero - simpsons reference...) Woodhead is the only guy that's making me not consider it a good bet. I love that little bearded white guy. Oh and the Operatic Kicker of course, can't rule out J-Tuck even from 60 yards, they also have what could be one of the best defences in the league this year so won't be forced to try and score a huge amount to win games. - They scored 343 last year with a far better offence. Under 326 could well happen.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 pm

I am not saying the Jets will score 261 points and in the nfl defenses can change a lot in a season but when you look at the Jets schedule this year they face the Saints,Browns and the Chargers and they were ranked 31st,30th and 29th in the league in points allowed last year.They also face Atlanta ,Panthers and the Jaguars and they were ranked at numbers 27th,26th and 25th so 6 of the Jets games this season are against teams that conceded a lot of points last season in the league so maybe the bookies are concerned that the Jets may not win them games but if they were to score 20 points in them games they only need to score 140 more to get near what they did last season and they only need to score on average 14 points a game to get near the 261 target.The problem they have is the 2 divisional games against the Patriots who ranked number 1 in points allowed with just 15.6 a game but you would still think the Jets could put up at least 2 field goals against them in each game.A lot is being made out of the fact they are missing their 2 top receivers from last season Enunwa had 4 touchdowns for 857 yards Marshall had 3 touchdowns for 788 yards.So it is not like the players stepping in are replacing Jones and Beckham JR.Robby Anderson had a decant year last year with 587 yards for 2 touchdowns i like the TE pick of Jordan Leggett i think he could start the season and i would think he could get 4 touchdowns and 600 yards over the season but he faces competition from Seferian-Jenkins who might also be able to put up similar numbers.Charone Peake had 19 catches off 34 targets for 186 yards at a average of 9.8 so he did ok if nothing special.The Jets are also a middle of the road rushing team with a average of 112 yards a game ranking 12th and scoring 10 touchdowns.But if any team is going to sign Kaepernick then this is the team that probably needs him the most as the quality of player they have at quarter-back would be my biggest problem.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:04 am

I swear i only posted that one time i do not know what happened but i will say the laptop froze when i submitted the post and i have tried to delete it sorry.

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:05 am

I swear i only posted that one time i do not know what happened but i will say the laptop froze when i submitted the post and i have tried to delete it sorry.
Really wanted to reinforce that point didn't you! We get it!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:58 am

Repeated posts is sometimes an issue with the site. Get a lot of it on the one a day comp in the horse racing forum.

I like the calls on the Rams and Titans total points. Not a market I've looked at too deeply but will be taking a closer look this week as looking to do my divisional previews/bets over the coming fortnight.

Ive no idea why the point should for the Titans has gone down but it's a division with strong D in the shape of the Texans and I expect the Jaguars D to be a really good unit this season (held back by a poor offense in all likelihood).

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:28 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this, and if you guys want to start up your own group then I think it'll be a good thing to follow through the season, but if you want to join my group then link is here... http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-picke ... 2016_email - Picking games against the spread throughout the season, I enjoyed it and did well last year!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 pm

I'll register but will join nearer the time. I did a pick 'em group on here a couple of years ago but there are a couple of weekly comps the forum runs that people prefer to enter (is Lazarus running the weekly handicap comp this year I wonder?).

I might well set up another survivor league but do it where you get a life. Can be good fun too.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:49 am

I'll register but will join nearer the time. I did a pick 'em group on here a couple of years ago but there are a couple of weekly comps the forum runs that people prefer to enter (is Lazarus running the weekly handicap comp this year I wonder?).

I might well set up another survivor league but do it where you get a life. Can be good fun too.

I don't think Lazarus is running it this year, to be honest. From what I gather he'll only be online for the OFL comp. I'm already doing the Fantasy League while he recovers. I'm loath to volunteer to do the Handicap Challenge, although I'd enjoy running it. It's just a question of time. Several hours for the OFL, my Fantasy leagues and the OLBG one, the NFL Experts and Underdog Blog. Just too much for me.

If anyone DOES fancy running the Handicap Challenge while Laz is in recovery, I'm sure OLBG will accept that. I think PompeyJim is watching over the forum now.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:53 am

Finished my NFL Season Preview and it's up

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412899

With other previews already done I took a different slant on it. Bullet point previews only. Straight-hitting comments, good and bad. Who do I think will win the Superbowl? You'll have read to find out but I will say it broke my heart to say it! :D :D
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:19 am

I've seen and read enough thus far to feel pretty good about starting the NFL Underdog Blog at week one this season. In fact, it's already up! Have a gander :win:

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412900
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG