NFL Preseason 2017

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Re: NFL Preseason 2017

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:18 am

Watching the Cowboys/Raiders preseason game and I have to say I am not impressed. It's pretty clear the Raiders are up for this while the Cowboys still seem to be in training mode. fair enough it IS preseason bu plenty of starters are out there. Elliott does not to me seem to have his mind on this, either. 20-10 to the Raiders approaching the end of Q3.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:36 am

I have an interesting possible scenario for you to think about, as I ponder the fact that Elliott's mind doesn't seem to be on this game. Remember how Dak came in and was so good that he ousted the almost set-on-stone Tony Romo? Well consider this; Alfred Morris is a hungry player and he was a Redskins 1200 yarder. He is stoked in this game and the word is he's loving being in Dallas. Let's say Elliott is indeed out for six games. Morris will be the key RB, and if he has a blinder of six games what's the chances he may put Elliott on the side-line more often than not? Elliott after all is not as embedded as Romo was...
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Interesting thought Jim but I can't see it. I assume McFadden, another Jerry Jones fav, will see the majority of the carries in Elliott's absence. Morris was a good servant for us I was sorry to see him go. He keeps things simple, one cut and commit but he's not much of a receiver or blocker. However, Elliott has high draft status and he's Jerry's guy and Jerry calls the shots. The Romo situation was different, near the end, constant injury problems and a position where you can only play one guy - add in his massive cap number to boot.

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:42 pm

I would say there is a maybe 2% chance of Zeke not getting back in if Rum DMC blows up. But let's be fair anyone can run behind that o line... I hate using that line!

Mcfadden has had All of the first team snaps in practice, so it'll be him. Alf may get goal line carries occasionally as may Hillman but they'll be bit parts

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:46 pm

I've said before I rarely touch preseaosn games but the way the Redskins have started preseaosn I'd consider the Bengals at 6/4 straight up.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Chicago Bears receiver Cameron Meredith has joined the players on the injured list as he went down with what they think is a torn acl and if it is confirmed that will be him out for the season.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:57 pm

Awful injury, could be one of those that is possible career ending. Let's hope not.

In other news, DeShone Kizer has been named the Browns starter. Will he be the only day one rookie starter at QB or do the Bears pull the trigger too?

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Jim Brown » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Cowboys were meant to be down in Houston to play the Texans in the final preseason game, but Harvey took care of those plans. The Texans couldn't even return to Houston after the last game so they landed in Dallas and have been guests of the Cowboys all week, training at the Star in Frisco. The game will still take place though, now in AT&T Stadium.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Read My Blogs on OLBG

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Steelers have signed Vance Mcdonald TE from the 49ers. He's got big play ability but a tendency to drop passes. Looks like rookie George Kittle will be getting the start in San. Fran. Well it's between him and Paulsen