Green Bay Packers - Team Focus

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Green Bay Packers - Team Focus

Postby titans choice » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:07 pm

The regular season comes to an end and the Green Bay Packers rise like a phoenix to finish 10-6 and win the NFC North and after their midseason slump when they lost 5 from 6 games including a streak of 4 losses in a row they bounced back to win the last 6 games so they should be full of confidence for the playoffs.And you have to remember that the Packers had a lot of starters missing for them bad results and most of them are back playing now.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:45 am

Green Bay Packers host the New York Giants and I would give the advantage to the home side as they are 6-2 at home in the regular season and the Giants was 4-4 on the road during the regular season.Both of these 2 teams have a star receiver the Giants have Odell Beckham and the Packers have Jordy Nelson who has had a very good season after missing all of last year.The Packers average more points a game then the Giants with a average of 27 points a game compared to the Giants 19.4 a game but the Packers do concede more with 24 points a game compared to the Giants who allow 17 points a game.These 2 teams have played once this year with the Packers winning 23-16 at home but they had starting running back E.Lacey in that game who had 81 yards of just 11 carries which was a average of 7.4 a carry which is very good and A.Ripkowski who had 2 rushes for 17 yards.R.Cobb also had a big game with 108 yards but the Packers have injury concerns over Cobb,Ripkowski,and Randell while Starks,Lacey and Rollins are definitely out.http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/im ... 21080c.png But I notice Ripkowski did take a full participation in practice on Wednesday and Thursday like Matthews so both of the should play and Cobb took limited participation in both so he should also hopefully play.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys I think everyone expected them to do better then last season but few would of predicted the impact of Elliott and especially Prescott and they have helped the team to a overall record of 13-3 and a home record of 7-1.Green bay have a overall record of 10-6 and a away record of 4-4 but the Packers come into this in good form winning the last 7 games.And quarterback Aaron Rodgers is also in very good form as he has not thrown a interception since the 13th November and since then he has thrown 285 passes for 2391 yards and 22 touchdowns but 47 catches 607 yards and 5 touchdowns have gone to his favourite target and Green Bay's top receiver Jordy Nelson.And he had to leave the last game due to injury and he is a doubt for this game and I know Cobb and the rest of receivers played well in the last game for him as the stats shows he will be a major miss for Green Bay.And it looks like Rodgers and the receivers will have to win this game as Green Bay have their normal 2 running Backs still injured and Dallas only allowed 83 rushing yards a game during the regular season.Green Bay were good as well only allowing 94 rushing yards a game but in this game they face not only one of the best offensive lines but probably the best one.Green Bay have also struggled against the pass this year allowing 269 passing yards a game during the regular season ranking 2nd bottom in 31st place but they have struggled with injuries in the secondary but on the plus side at least Clay Matthews is back playing and he showed how good he was last week with a good performance.But to be honest even against a rookie quarterback and a rookie running back I do think Green Bay have to be at they best to win this and with the injuries I have to make the home team favoutites.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:22 pm

The Green Bay Packers face the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship game and these 2 teams have played once this season and hopefully this game will be as good as that meeting as Atlanta beat Green Bay at home by 33-32.With Matt Ryan throwing 3 touchdowns and Aaron Rodgers throwing 4 touchdowns.Surprisingly in that game Julio Jones caught 3 passes from 5 balls thrown to him for just 29 yards D.Adams had a very good game against Atlanta catching 12 from 14 for 74 yards.Both of these quarterbacks are playing well and I would expect they have a good chance of repeating the 7 touchdowns they threw in the last game if not more.This game could come down to who has the ball at the end of the game just like the Dallas game as both defences will struggle to stop the other team from moving the ball and scoring points so clock management at the end of the game could be vital.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks for the Packer updates throughout the season titans. So do you think bet365's 8/13 on there being over 4.5 touchdown passes is a good bet?

As you say, there were 7 last time they met earlier this season.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:13 pm

I would definitely expect them to throw at least 5 between them as both teams give up quite a few touchdown passes as well as Dallas scored 3 touchdown passes in the last game and Atlanta Falcons gave up 2 touchdown passes as well in the last game against Seattle.My concern would be Jordy Nelson missing but it did not affect Rodgers in the last match against a better defence.And during the regular season Green Bay allowed 2 passing touchdowns a game and Atlanta gave up 1.7 passing touchdowns a game and these 2 teams scored more passing touchdowns in the regular season then anyone else as Green Bay scored the most with 40 and Atlanta were joint 2nd with the New Orlean Saints with 38.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:30 am

The Green Bay Packers have released two experienced players in Cornerback Sam Shields and running back James Starks both players have struggled with injuries this year especially Shields who only managed 1 game this season.Starks has managed to play in 9 games and he only carried the ball more then 10 times in 2 of them games and his best performance was against Philadelphia when he carried it 17 times for 41 yards for a disappointing for a average of just 2.4 a carry so he has had a disappointing season and with Eddy Jones injury problems this year and his weight trouble last year probably not the biggest surprise that they cut Starks to bring in a more reliable option if they can find one.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:05 am

The Green Bay Packers are in need of a running back as they don't actually have a starting running back on the roster as J.Starks,C.Michael and E.Lacy are all on free agency but they are definitely talking to Lacy to see if the 2 parties can come to a agreement for him to come back.But he has had injury and weight problems in the last 2 season so i do not think he can be relied on to be the number 1 back or at least he will need a good quality back up.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:16 am

Aaron Rodgers was a busy man last year as he threw the ball 610 times in the regular season which is more then any other season and he threw for 4,428 yards and he was 4th in the league for passes thrown and also 4th in passing yards.And it could be a even more busier year for Rodgers this year as i have looked at the Green Bay Roster and unless i am missing someone all their running backs are rookies apart from Montgomery who has played 2 season in the league but untill late during last season that was at the position of wide receiver so this will be his first full season as a running back but he did rush 77 times with the ball last season for a average of 5.9 which is impressive.But it is not like they picked a highly ranked rookie at running back as Aaron Jones was their first running back picked in the draft and he has in the fifth round but he did have 2 good season in college.As in 2014 he rushed for 1321 yards 11 touchdowns and he got 293 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns.But last year was his best year as he rushed 229 times for 1773 yards and 17 touchdowns and he got 233 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns in 2015 he only played 2 games getting 209 yards rushing and 106 yards receiving because of a torn ligament in his left ankle in practice..But they still have the option of free agency if they want some experience in the backfield some examples are ex Packer Starks,C.Johnson,Forsett and Ronnie Hillman all still on the market.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:06 am

I was just reading a article on espn about the NFL game John Maddens and it was talking about the top 3 players in each position.And at Fb it said the position was dyeing but I was surprised to see Aaron Ripkowski was not in the top 3.Last year was his best and hopefully Green Bay might increase his work load again and teams may release Fb's can play as well but I would of definitely had him in my top 3 Fbs.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 am

Half way into preseason sees Green Bay win both games so far against 2 decant teams in Philadelphia and Washington.Last night seen star quarterback Aaron Rodger get his first action of preseason but it only last one series in which he threw 8 times completing 6 for 37 yards and a touchdown to new tight end Martellus Bennett.Back up quarterback Brett Hundley also played well throwing 10 times completing 9 for 107 yards and a touchdown but he did get sacked 3 times but without seeing game it's impossible to know if that was poor protection or if he held on to the ball for too long.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:59 am

Week 1 of the NFL sees the NFC bring you in my opinion the best match of the week with the Packers hosting the Seattle Seahawks at Lambeau Field.Both teams did well in pre season with Green Bay winning 3 and losing 1 and Seattle won all 4 of their pre season games.These 2 teams have played each other 17 times in the regular season with Green Bay winning 10 and Seattle winning 7 and they have played 3 times in the playoffs with Green Bay winning 2 and losing 1 so Green Bay lead the series with 12 wins and 8 losses. Green Bay have won the last 2 matches but both of them have been at home before that Seattle won 3 in a row and all of them was in Seattle and in the game before that Green Bay was at home so the last 6 games have all ended up with the home team winning.Seattle have not won an away game against Green Bay since 1999 when they won 27-7 when Brett Favre threw 4 interceptions and was sacked 3 times and they have played 7 away games since that win.Green Bay have one of the best quarterbacks in the league in Aaron Rodgers and a very good receiver in Jordy Nelson who started last season slowly but that was after missing an entire year with injury but he finished strongly even if he is the wrong side of 30 and they also have good options in Cobb,Adams and new tight end Bennett.But they will face one of the leagues best defenses in this match as they finished 5th in the league allowing just 5099 yards in the regular season and 3rd in points allowed.Seattle was ranked 21st in interceptions with 11 but Rodgers should face a lot of pressure as Seattle was ranked joint 3rd with 42 sacks and that was before they added Sheldon Richardson from the Jets.The defense still have all the old faces with Sherman,Chancellor,Thomas,Bennett and Wagner.The offense did lose receiver Jermaine Kearse in the Sheldon Richardson deal but they did strengthen the rushing attack by signing ex Packer Eddie Lacy during the off season.Given the record of the home teams in this fixture i would make them favourites but Seattle is a very strong defense and they will definitely give Rodgers a tough night but i am not sure if Seattle's offense can score enough points to beat Green Bay at Lambeau Field.