Green Bay Packers - Team Focus

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:37 pm

Green Bay win the 2nd preseason game against the Raiders 20-12 but again the results is not that important but Eddy Lacy ran the ball 9 times for 45 yards average of 5.0 and 1 touchdown.And him staying fit and running well is more important then the preseason game result as Green Bay will need more then what they got from the running game last year if they are to make the superbowl.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Green Bay won 10 and lost 6 last season and it would be another disappointing season if they did not improve on that this season the 8 away games they face this year are Jaguars,Vikings,Falcons,Titans,Redskins,Eagles,Bears and they end their season at the Lions.The 3 toughest looking fixtures away are the Vikings,Falcons and the Redskins but you would think Green Bay should be good enough to go to each of them teams and win the other 4 teams I feel Green Bay will go into as favourites to win.The home games are Lions,Giants,Cowboys,Bears,Colts Texans,Seahawks and the last home game is against the Vikings the Seahawks is definitely the toughest match even at home Green Bay might lose that game.The Texans have a good defense but I don't think they can outscore the Packers so I think that is a winnable game Colts,Giants and Vikings are tough but again the Packers can beat them.So looking at them fixtures Green Bay have a small chance of going undefeated with the talent they have and some luck but my prediction would be 13-3 with the losses at the hands of the Seahawks,Falcons and Vikings away.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Week 1 Green Bay Packers v Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 1 see the Packers hit the road for a trip to Jacksonville where the home team had a 4-4 record at home last season and that included a home game win at Wembley.Jacksonville strength last year was their offence and mainly the passing game as they finished in 10th for passing yards and they finish in 27th for rushing yards but Chris Ivory should improve that. Jacksonville's problams last year was on defence and they where average at stopping the run last year allowing 106.8 so the slimmed down Eddy Lacy might have a good day.But more worryingly for Jacksonville was their pass defence last year ending last year in 29th allowing 268 yards a game and that could mean trouble against a Green Bay team if they get their main weapon back in Jordy Nelson.But a lot of people think Jacksonville are an improving team and they definitely tried to fix the defence with their first 5 picks going on defensives picks.But I have to say Green Bay are a very strong team and even away from home if they are at full strength should win this by 12 points and could be a good start to a season to remember for the Packers.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:52 am

Green Bay start week 1 with a win but it was closer then thought with the score being 27-23.A.Rodgers threw for 2 touchdowns and rushed for 1 while Eddy Lacy carried the ball 14 times getting 61 yards and key receiver Jordy Nelson caught 6 for 32 yards and 1 touchdown.None of these are outstanding but especially with Nelson it was good to see him on the field.The amount of success Bortles had throwing the ball is a concern as he threw for 320 yards but they did sack him 3 times which is a plus.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:45 am

Week 2 see's what should be the 2 top teams in the nfc north go head to head with Minnesota playing at home and Green Bay will be without experienced CB Sam Shields as he suffered his 4th concussion of his nfl career last week in the win against Jacksonville.Both teams won in week 1 with the Viking beating the Titans 25-16 but the Vikings did get 14 points from turnovers from a interception and a fumble both being returned for touchdowns.And cause for concern was the performance of star player Adrian Peterson who rushed for 19 times for just 31 yards.It is also said Sam Bradford might start his first game for the Vikings.Green Bay won in week 1 and Rodgers and the rest of the offence played ok but no one was outstanding but Jordy Nelson did score a touchdown which was good to see after missing last season with injury.And in what should be the Packer's toughest conference game i still think Green Bay will win and if Adrian Peterson repeats last weeks performance it could be relatively easy for Green Bay but i would expect a better game from him this week and at least make the game interesting.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Week 2 was not a good week for Green Bay not only did they lose 17-14 but Adrian Peterson had another poor week with 12 carries for just 19 yards and the whole team had 30 yards rushing.And i am shocked that with that lack of production from the running game that the Vikings could beat Green Bay but new QB Sam Bradford did play well for the Vikings but from a Green Bay point of View Eddy Lacy did ok with 12 carries for 50 yards and Jordy Nelson also did ok with 5 catches for 78 yards and another touchdown.The difference maker in this game was Stefon Diggs who got 187 yards and a touchdown Green Bay sacked Bradford 4 times for -32 yards which is ok.And the Jacksonville 38-14 loss to the Chargers casts doubt over Green Bay's result in week 1 as i thought it was a good win against a improving team but it looks like with the Chargers tearing them apart it was a narrow win against a team that looked to improve but has failed to do so.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Week 3 saw the Packers win a divisional game against the Lions 34-27 and the offence looked a lot better in this game.A.Rodgers threw for 205 yards for 4 touchdowns and no interceptions.And E.Lacy also played well rushing 16 times for 103 yards at a impressive average of 6.1 and the main reason for these improved performances no one can say for sure but the performance of star receiver J.Nelson definitely makes life easier for Rodgers.He was targeted 7 times and caught 6 for 101 yards and 2 touchdowns which does help Rodgers numbers look a lot better.If you don't count the passes to Neslson he was 9/17 for 104 yards just over 50% completion rate.And when the defence see Nelson play like that it affects the way they play the pass and life is easier for Lacy.So going into the bye week people might get carried away with the win but it is a offence that need Nelson to be on the field and playing well.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Week 5 has the Green Bay Packers facing a tough match against the New York Giants.The Packers have been very good at stopping the run so far this season allowing just 47 rushing yards a game on average.But the concern for this game is the fact they allow 330 yards a game passing and if Odell Beckham plays that has to be a major concern.But i do think the Packers will win this game as they are at home and before the bye week saw the best performance from the offence for a while.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Green Bay Packers - Team Focus

Postby titans choice » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:00 pm

Green Bay head into week 9 against the Colts and have a 4-3 record while the Colts are 3-5 but the home and away records of these team might give a clue to the likely winner as the Colts are 1-3 away from home and Green Bay are 4-3.Ty Hilton's availability for the game was a doubt but he did appear for practice on thursday which is seen as a boost to the Colts and his poor performance should be a worry for the Packers as his form has been up and down all season.This is his reception yards from week 1 to week 8 79,41,174,42,171,49,133 and just 20 yards last week so he has struggled to put back to back good weeks but he has always been able to bounce back from a poor week.But i have to go for a home win in this giving the Colts poor away record. :win:

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:45 am

Clay Matthews misses his 3rd game in a row and the Green Bay Packers lose all 3 games.And the way they started all 3 games is disappointing going 3 and out against the Titans then on their first play allowing a 80 yard run for a touchdown.Against the Colts was just as bad kicking off the game only to allow the return to go for a touchdown.Against the Falcons it was not to bad at least they managed to hold them to a field goal.But in all 3 games Matthews has missed the opponents have opened the scoring first chane they get in the 6 games he played they stopped the opponents first scoring chance 4 out of the 6.With only The Cowboys scoring a touchdown and the Lions getting a field goal maybe it's a lack of experience or just a coincidence but the defence must start games better then they have in the last 3 games if they want to win.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:09 pm

The Nail In The Coffin
Week 12 and the 4-6 Packers are taking on the 5-5 Eagles so it sounds even and that the Packers might have a chance in this but Green Bays road form reads1-4 and the Eagles home form is 4-0 and the recant run off 4 losses in a row heading into Lincoln Field where the Eagle are undefeated this season is a big concern.Green Bay does have CB Damarious Randall back from injury but i really can not see them winning this game and a lot of people might think that will be their chance of making the playoffs done as they will be 3 games behind the Lions.But if you look at the Lions run in it is against at the Saints,home to the Bears,at the Giants,at the Cowboys and they finish at home to the Packers i admit they are in form and could win most of them but apart from the Bears i could see the Saints,Giants and Cowboys beating them.But i just checked the Packers run in and with Seattle and Minnesota still to play i think it will be very hard to win out and make the playoffs so it looks like it will be the Lions division with a late challenge from the Vikings.So if the Green Bay Packers do lose this game i do think it will be the Packers chances of making the playoffs this season done.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Going into week 15 sees the Green Bay Packers fighting hard for their playoff hopes after a shocking mid season slump off 1 win from 6 games bouncing back with 3 wins in a row which has turned their season from 4/6 to 7/6.And with a road trip to the 3/10 Chicago Bears i have to make them favourites for this weeks game but all the Bears wins this season have came at home and their home record is 3-3 and the Green Bays Packers have a poor road record of 2-4.But i think the Packers will win this as the Bears have won just 1 from their last 5 games and the Packers have won 3 in a row and if the Packers win their next 2 and the Lions lose their next 2 against the Giants and Cowboys the NFC North could be in for a end of season head to head match between the Packers and Lions for the division title. :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: