Green Bay Packers - Team Focus

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Green Bay Packers - Team Focus

Postby titans choice » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Week 1 seen a good result for Green Bay with a 17-9 home win people will say 19 points is not that much but you have to remember Seattle have a top defense the fact they only conceded 9 points is good but i am unsure how good Seattle's offense is.Green Bays defense will face a bigger test this week as they head to Atlanta to face one of the leagues best offenses in the Falcons.

These 2 teams have played each other 32 times in the regular season with Green Bay winning 17 and Atlanta winning 15 and they have played 4 times in the playoffs and both teams have won 2 games each so Green Bay have won 19 overall and Atlanta have won 17 so the head to head is fairly even.

Both of these teams won in week 1 with Green Bay winning 17-9 against Seattle while Atlanta beat Chicago 23-17 on the road and a win is still a win especially on the road but i would think if Atlanta was at their peak they should off won that by more.Atlanta have won the last 2 games between these 2 teams and like this game they were the home team the 2 games before that was won by Green Bay when they were the home team so the last 4 matches have all ended with the home team winning.The 2 games before that Atlanta was at home and Green Bay won them both but that was back in 2011 when Aaron Rodgers was playing some of the best football of his career and he won the leagues MVP that year.

Games between these 2 teams are usually high scoring games and the last 3 games have ended up 44-21 33-32 and 37-43 and with these 2 offenses i can see them putting up a lot of points in this game.A concern might be the fact that Green Bay only conceded 9 points against Seattle but i am putting that down to a lack of Quality by Seattle and i expect the Falcons to score their share of points in this match.

Both Quarterbacks did ok last week as Aaron Rodgers threw for 311 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 interceptions but he will be hoping for more time as Seattle sacked him 4 times.Matt Ryan also threw for over 300 yards as he made 21 completed passes from 30 attempts with 1 touchdowns without a interceptions and he was sacked 2 times.

Neither team made it to over 100 yards rushing with Green Bay rushing for 84 yards with Montgomery getting 54 yards and a touchdown Freeman was the Falcons top rusher with 37 yards and a touchdown.Atlanta allowed the Bears 125 yards rushing at the average of 6.6 yards a carry which will be a concern for them while Green Bay allowed 90 yards rushing from 18 attempts at a average of 5 yards a carry but their top rusher was quarter back Russel Wilson who managed to get 40 yards from 2 attempts.

Atlanta's star receiver Julio Jones had a average game getting 66 yards off 4 catches but tight end Austin Hooper got 128 yards off 2 catches and Chicago got 213 receiving yards off 26 catches and a touchdown.Randall Cobb lead the Packers in receiving Yards with 85 yards Jordy Nelson also had a good game with 79 yards and a touchdown.Green Bay only allowed 158 yards receiving from 14 catches.

Both Defenses will be hoping they can get pressure on the quarter back Falcons line backer Brooks Reed has gotten off to a good start getting 2 sacks in the last game equaling his sack total for the entire regular season for last year.Last years sack leader Vic Beasley also helped getting a sack as well and they sacked the Chicago Bears quarter back 4 times in total.Green Bay managed to sack Russell Wilson 3 times and they will be needing to get at Ryan in this match to try to get him under pressure.

So i think this will be a home win for Atlanta as the last 4 games have all gone with the home team but it should be a high scoring game with over 60 points with both quarter backs again throwing for over 300 yards each.I would also be surprised if Jones and Nelson did not both go for over 100 yards receiving and a touchdown each.And i think Vic Beasley will get 2 sacks on Aaron Rodgers as i am unsure how well the offensive line of Green Bay can protect him.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Week 3 was a near disaster not the road loss to the Falcons that is hardly the worst result and it was a result i expected but the 13 players that ended up on the injury list was a big concern.That list included there top 2 receivers Nelson and Cobb 3 linebackers Ryan,Perry and Brooks were also on the list as well as other players.They do have some good news as some players did take a full part in practice on Wednesday and these were Nelson,Brooks,Evans and Bulaga so it looks like the right side of the offensive line will be fit to play but both left tackles Bakhtiari and Spriggs did not practice on Wednesday and both are listed with hamstring injuries.Dalton might have a easier day then expected as Parry failed to take part in practice with a hand injury and Daniels missed it with a hip problem linebacker Ryan missed it with a hamstring/concussion but Brooks did take a full part even with him being listed with concussion.There is still a few days to game day and a few more might return but at least some players have returned and it could of been worse.

Green Bay return to Lambeau Field to face a Bengals team that has started the season badly losing their 2 games 20-0 and 13-9 and their offense has been poor and they sit 25th in but 2 teams below them are Miami and Tampa Bay and they have only played 1 game so in reality they rank 27th.Dalton has thrown for 394 yards and 0 touchdowns but thrown 4 interceptions and been sacked 8 times.They have shared their rushing attack between mainly Bernard who has 50 yards Mixon who has 45 yards and Hill who has 43 yards Mixon has had the most attempts with 17 but he has the worst yards per carry average at just 2.6.

Receiver A.J Green has started ok catching 10 from 18 for 141 yards at a average of 14 yards a catch he had some help from Alex Erickson last week catching 4 from 6 for 62 yards.

These 2 teams have only played each other 12 times with Cincinnati winning 7 and losing 5 they have also won the last 3 games but the last game was back in 2013.Aaron Rodgers has never beaten the Bengals playing against them 2 times.But given how badly they have struggled this season in particular the offense i think they have little if any chance off outscoring the Packers at Lambeau Field and this should be Rodgers first win against them.
The Packers should win this match and my main concern for this match match would be that the Packers do not come out of this match with any injuries in particular Jordy Nelson who is their best receiver.
Green Bay are 4/9 to be leading at half time/full time which seems likely
Green Bay are 10/11 in a -8.5 handicap which also seems likely
A interesting bet with Sky bet is the -11 handicap which has the draw at 25/1 which seems fair as i would expect the Packers to win this by double figures given the way the Bengals have started the season.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Green Bay have started the season well winning 3 and losing just the once in a road game at the Atlanta Falcons and they now face two big road games at the Cowboys and divisional rivals the Vikings.Dallas Cowboys have also played 4 games and they have a record of 2 wins and 2 losses and star running back E.Elliott could have a good game as Green Bay are ranked 19th in stopping the run allowing on average 111 yards a game and giving up 3 touchdowns.Dallas are only slightly better against the run allowing 107 yards a game but Green Bay are more of a passing team and they rush for a average of 74.5 yards a game.But T.Montgomery has done well this season rushing for 152 yards and 2 touchdowns from 46 carries.

Green Bay are 9th in passing yards passing for 754 yards so far averaging 261 yards a game and scoring 10 touchdowns which is joint most passing touchdowns in the league with New England.Dallas are ranked 21st against the pass allowing 927 yards at a average of 232 yards a game and allowing 8 passing touchdowns which is joint 4th most in the league with Denver.
Dallas are ranked 14th in passing with 916 yards at a average of 229 yards a game and scoring 8 touchdowns which is the 3rd most in the league.Green Bay suffered last year against the pass allowing 4308 yards last season and was the 2nd worst team against the pass ranking in 31st place.But Green Bay spent their first 4 picks in the draft on defenders and their first pick was on corner back K.King and he is now the starter for them and their secondary is much improved as they are ranked 5th against the pass.They have allowed 754 yards so far this season and are ranked 5th against the pass allowing just 4 passing touchdown allowing on average 189 yards a game.

Jordy Nelson will be a big danger against the Cowboys who have already conceded 8 touchdowns against the pass and he did not play in the last game these 2 teams played and he leads the league with 5 touchdown catches .In that game Dak Prescott threw 3 touchdowns passes with D.Bryant catching 2 and going for 132 yards in the game but with the improvement in Green Bay's secondary this could be a harder game for him in this match.

These 2 teams have played each other 35 times and it has been even so far with Green Bay winning 18 and Dallas winning 17 but Green Bay have had the better off it since 2009 as they have played 7 times since then winning 6 and losing 1 but only 2 off them was away games.But the last game was an away game for Green Bay and they won that 34-31 with Montgomery rushing for 2 touchdowns and Rodgers throwing for 355 yards and 2 touchdowns both to tight ends 1 to J.Cook and another to R.Rodgers.

Green Bay are slight underdogs in this game but given the results of the last 8 games between these 2 teams and the fact that Green Bay scored 34 points and Rodgers threw for over 300 yards in the last match.And i don't think the Cowboys secondary have improved since then so i think Green Bay can repeat that performance.But Green Bay will have to keep an eye on defensive end D.Lawrence who leads the league with 7.5 sacks.While Dallas might struggle to score that many points again as Green Bay have definitely got better against the pass going by the statistics anyway.The most points Green Bay have conceded in their games so far this season was the 27 points they conceded against Cincinnati while Dallas have conceded 35 points in their last game against the Rams and 42 points against the Broncos so i think Green Bay will outscore the Cowboys in this match.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Green Bay have started the season well winning 4 and losing 1 scoring 27 points a game on average and conceding 22 points a game and they come into this game with a good road win against the Dallas Cowboys and they face another tough road game against conference rivals Minnesota Vikings.The only loss so far this season for Green Bay was the 34-23 road loss to Atalanta while Minnesota have won 3 and lost off their 5 games played so far.But their have a few injuries as they are likely to be having Chase Keenum as starting quarter back and rookie running back Dalvin Cook is out for the season but they do have Latavius Murray to replace him and he is a good player.Stefon Diggs is the Vikings best receiver and he has missed training this week but it has been said he is expected to play but his fitness must be a concern given the fact he has not trained this week.

These 2 teams have played 113 times with Green Bay winning 60 Minnesota winning 51 and 2 games ending in draws.Green bay have won 4 out of the last 6 matches between these 2 teams including 2 out of the last 3 away games played in that time'So given the recant head to heads between these 2 teams and the fact that the Vikings are down to their 3rd choice quarter back and arguably their starting running back is also missing so i think Green Bay are likely to win this match.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:53 am

Green Bay will be wishing week 6 never happened a 23-10 road loss to divisional rivals the Minnesota Vikings is bad enough to leave them with a 4-2 record.What made the week worse was the loss of starting quarter back Aaron Rodgers to a broken collarbone who had surgery on it yesterday he has not been placed on injured reserve yet but i think it is unlikely that he plays again this season but i have read reports that the best case scenario would be a week 16 comeback.
Untill then it looks like they will be starting ex UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley who started for them for 3 season playing 40 games attempting 1241 passes completing 837 giving him a pct 67.4 for 9966 yards 75 touchdowns and 25 interceptions and finished with a rating off 150.8.
Most of his touchdowns came in his first season throwing 29 touchdowns and 11 interceptions from 318 throws while in his last season he threw 22 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions from 271 throws.
He played the majority of the game against the Vikings as Rodgers got injured in the first quarter and it was not the best of games completing 18 of 33 passes for 157 yards throwing 1 touchdown and 3 interceptions but it was against a very good Vikings defense.
This week may not be much easier for him as the New Orleans Saints have managed 7 interceptions so far this season and 29 passes defended and are allowing 268 yards a game.The concern for this game is that the Saints are ranked 11th in rushing yards allowed allowing on average just 100 yards a game and Green Bay have averaged just 88.3 yards rushing yards a game so Brett Hundley will need to play well for the Green Bay to win this game as the Saints defense looks like they are good enough against the run for Green Bay's run game not to win it by itself.
Green Bay have played 3 games at home so far and have a home record of 3-0 while the New Orleans Saints have played 3 games on the road so far and they have a road record off 2 wins and 1 loss.And their last road game was an impressive 34-13 win against fellow NFC South opponents Carolina Panther.
These 2 teams have played each other 24 times and Green Bay have been the better team winning 16 and losing 8 the home team has won the last 4 meetings between these 2 teams the last road team to win this fixture was the New Orlean Saints back in 2006 with a 34-27 win with Drew Brees throwing for 353 yards 2 touchdowns and a interception.And i have to agree with the bookies that i make the Saints favourites for this with Rodgers missing and there can not be too many times that Green bay are 2/1 underdogs at home but i do think that the Saints will outscore them in this match.