Washington Redskins - Team Focus

razbet
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby razbet » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:44 am

I see the WAS taking it easy on this one. It doesn't make sense to push on a game that has zero relevance for them .
Despite the injuries , DAL has more to prove than WAS .
I agree with the over though :) :yes:
Cheers and thanks for the all the work :win:

Leicester Bigot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Leicester Bigot » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:05 pm

I have taken the Redskins -2.5pts @ 2/1 here.

I feel that Washington need to win this game to keep their momentum up going into the playoffs. I think they are a team that needs more confidence and their current three game win streak is already their longest run of success of the season. Winning tonight would take that to four games and cement a winning record, giving two positive boosts to the self belief of the team.

I just get the feeling that losing this week's game would not only potentially dent confidence but also leave their potential play off opponents looking in gathering confidence from seeing an 8-8 team beaten by one who had a 5-11 record.

Flipping the thinking around, how much confidence could you have backing Dallas at -4 on the spread? I would see that as a very dodgy proposition even if they are playing for pride against probably their most bitter rivals.

Come on the Skins, 20-17 will do for me!
The path is clear though no eyes can see the course laid down long before

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Nice one on that winning bet LB :win:

Nice to end the season with 4 straight wins and 3 of them on the road. This team has massively exceeded my expectations this season and a lot of that is down to the significant improvement in Kirk Cousins over the the 2nd half of the season. He's set numberous franchises records or firsts - most yards in a season, most combined TD's (29 passing, 5 rushing), most 300+ yard games in a season, leading the league in completion percentage (and only a point short of the franchise record held by Sammy Baugh), first QB to have 3 TD's in the first quarter, biggest comeback win in franchise history (vs the Buccaneers) - it all looks very good. The key now is to keep the momentum going through into the play-offs and building on this in the future - assuming he's brought back, which I would think is highly likely unless he himself wants to explore his options.

The game itself was a strange one. The 'Skins started fast and Dallas slipped in the blocks with turnovers and little to offer until they were 24-0 down and pulled off a fake punt to keep a drive going. I felt at half time they may be able to take it as the 'Skins had pulled the majority of their starters - Colt MCoy was in at QB, Jackson,Garcon and Reed were all on the sidelines and Dallas had found it's groove but in the 2nd half mistakes haunted them again with the key one being Darren McFadden's fumble through the end zone as he was going into score. They also threw an int at the goal line (but then got a safety).

In the end it was reasonably comfortable and now the focus turns to next Sunday and the visit of the Packers in the wild card round.

Leicester Bigot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Leicester Bigot » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:17 pm

Nice one on that winning bet LB :win:

Nice to end the season with 4 straight wins and 3 of them on the road. This team has massively exceeded my expectations this season and a lot of that is down to the significant improvement in Kirk Cousins over the the 2nd half of the season. He's set numberous franchises records or firsts - most yards in a season, most combined TD's (29 passing, 5 rushing), most 300+ yard games in a season, leading the league in completion percentage (and only a point short of the franchise record held by Sammy Baugh), first QB to have 3 TD's in the first quarter, biggest comeback win in franchise history (vs the Buccaneers) - it all looks very good. The key now is to keep the momentum going through into the play-offs and building on this in the future - assuming he's brought back, which I would think is highly likely unless he himself wants to explore his options.

The game itself was a strange one. The 'Skins started fast and Dallas slipped in the blocks with turnovers and little to offer until they were 24-0 down and pulled off a fake punt to keep a drive going. I felt at half time they may be able to take it as the 'Skins had pulled the majority of their starters - Colt MCoy was in at QB, Jackson,Garcon and Reed were all on the sidelines and Dallas had found it's groove but in the 2nd half mistakes haunted them again with the key one being Darren McFadden's fumble through the end zone as he was going into score. They also threw an int at the goal line (but then got a safety).

In the end it was reasonably comfortable and now the focus turns to next Sunday and the visit of the Packers in the wild card round.
Cheers GMan, The bet looked cosy early but Washington had a small stutter before sealing it.

I am concerned that Washington conceded 512 yards to Dallas, particularly the 435 yards passing. That is simply not going to be good enough and it is fortunate that Dallas had four turnovers.

That said the Packers look very beatable, particularly with Washington at home. Green Bay were never on my mind this season, I just don't feel they are that good this time around. They got into it late against Minnesota but had been feeble for the first three quarters. I reckon the Packers are a joke price at 12/1 with Paddy Power for the Superbowl and I'll be with Washington on the spread this week.

Washington are 50/1 to win the Superbowl and that seems value, Minnesota are 40/1, no doubt because they face Seattle but playoff football can be unpredictable and Minnesota may just be dangerous at home as 5.5pt underdogs.

Kansas seem huge at 18/1 on a ten game win streak, they have to travel to Houston but I think they are a much more talented team. Houston won what looked a lousy division this year, while Kansas came from a 1-5 start to within a hair of winning the division had San Diego managed to cash in in a game where Denver seemed to get instant momentum from Brock Osweiler being pulled. Osweiler probably played himself out of any play-off involvement barring injury to Manning.

My early thoughts for the weekend are:-

Kansas -3
Seattle -5.5
Pittsburgh -2.5
Washington -1.5

Kansas are the fundamentally better team in my opinion.

Teddy Bridgewater could be like a fish out of water on his first playoff start, whereas Seattle are treading run of the mill territory for them.

Big Ben has the experience and I feel Cincinnati may repeat their habit of getting to the playoffs and exiting early under an inexperienced QB this time.

I believe Washington can use home field against a Green Bay team whose production has tailed off. The Packers managed to lose to a team who only posted 91 yards net passing and that's a big concern.

I like the first couple of weeks of the Playoffs, historically I have had much more joy with accumulators post season, when you know both teams are going all out. I'll be giving the fourfold a bash this week and it's the most confident I have been this season.

I'll probably go 0-4 now :lol:
The path is clear though no eyes can see the course laid down long before

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:33 pm

We did concede a lot of yards once we got up in the game but that's part of why Dallas got a lot of yards and also as I had pointed out before and after the game, the secondary was real thin this week. Quinton Dunbar and Dashon Goldson were inactive, Kyshon Jarrett and DeShawn Phillios got injured during the game so we only had 5 DB's all game and two of them were on the practice squad the week before. We nearly lost DeAngelo Hall at one point but he came back in. Dunbar should be back this week although it looks Jarrett will be missing. It's also worth noting that Hatcher was rested on the D-line as he's been a constant source of pressure all year.

My early thoughts are we have a chance but probably need to out score the Pack in a reasonably high scoring game. We have home field advantage and momentum but I guess at the moment I'm still in the "happy to be there" camp.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:16 pm

It's been a right old week in the Gman84 household. Obvious I'm a Redskins fan and my wife is a Packers fan so we had differing emotions last week and they get compounded by the fact that our teams now meet in the next round.

We've also have Liverpool (my team) play Stoke (her team) in the Capital One Cup this week.

It's war!! Thankfully I'm watching tomorrows game in work (on nights but we have no real work on this weekend luckily, hence me posting here and now :wink: )

Anyway, onto this weeks game and my 5 keys:
1, Be aggressive, go for it!: It's the playoffs, no second chances, go for the jugular. The Redskins wrapped up their divisional title with 4 straight wins and they got consistent after issues from week-to-week and on the road by going after teams, taking shots deep, blitzing on key downs, maing things happen. They need to maintain that attitude here.
2, Stop the run: The Redskins D allows 4.8 yards per carry, they need to make sure the Packers run game doesn't get going as this will open things up for play action and if Aaron Rodgers can pick and choose his shots they'll be trouble.
3, Go after Rodgers: Leading on from the previous points I'd be aggressive towards Rodgers. His offensive line is struggling and may be missing some starters with injury. Teams have gotten Rodgers under pressure in recent weeks so the likes of Ryan Kerrigan and rookie sack leader Preston Smith need to be coming off the edge and getting to him early and often. Having Jason Hatcher rested for a week will be a great help too, Hatcher only has two sacks in the regular season but was top ten in the league in pressures which can be as big as sacks at times.
4, DeSean Jackson: He is my key offensive player for the Redskins because he can open everything else up with his ability to take the top off a D. The Packers have a good safety pairing though and they'll be waiting for Jackson. If he can make a play or two early it would get the Packers safeties deeper and make running the ball easier.
5, Keep the consistency going: The last four weeks have seen the Redskins stay pretty even in their performance throughout the game rather than the peaks and troughs from earlier in the season. This needs to be kept going, don't start fast and wait for them to come back or start slow and dig yourself a hole.

Prediction: People say the Redskins haven't beaten a team with a winning record but they only played three - the Panthers, the Patriots and the Jets. When playing the later they didn't have Jordan Reed or DeSean Jackson and the other two are ranked #1 and #2 in their respective conferences. The Patriots had a full team pretty much when the 'Skins faced them, a few weeks later as the injuries struck they looked much more beatable. I'm not saying the Redskins could beat them but if they play in Week 14 rather than Week 9 I think they'd be a lot closer.

As it is the Packers were 10-6 but 4-6 after the bye and have some issues. If the Redskins stay aggressive and don't let the Pack build up too much confidence early I think that with their solid home form (6-2, 2 losses by a combined 10 points) they can take this in a high scoring match-up. It'll be close though and no total shock if the Packers pull off the win.

Redskins 34 Packers 31

Bets - will add tomorrow.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:26 am

Well the Redskins season is over. They started well but once the Packers found their legs they proved difficult to stop. Going through my last post and the 5 keys to the game points 2,3 and 4 are really where the team failed. They got run over by the Packers in the second half, they didn't get to Rodgers after a bright start that included a safety and DeSean Jackson was not a factor in the game (well, except for his failure to score by putting the ball outside the goal line and then the team failing to get in from the half yard line).

I'm obviously disappointed because I felt the 'Skins could win but at the same time I'm happy with the strong finish the team came up with and to win a divisional title.

I'll be spending time over the coming weeks looking ahead to the off-season - salary cap situation, free agency and the draft as well as reviewing what has happened in 2015.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Time to review 2015. I'll start with an overall review and then work through the positions. We'll finish up with a look ahead to the future including the Redskins cap situation.

Record: 9-7, NFC East Divisional Champions, 0-1 in postseason.
Division: 4-2; Conference: 8-4; Home: 6-2; Road: 3-5
Points for: 388 (11th in NFL, +87 points on 2014)
Points Against: 379 (19th in NFL, -59 points on 2014)
17th ranked offense (353.8 yards per game, -4.8 yards per game on 2014)
11th ranked passing offense (= to rank in 2014)
20th ranked rushing game (-1 place on 2014)
5th ranked in 3rd down % (+25 places on 2014)
26th in sacks allowed with 27 (-24 places on 2014)
25th in offensive penalty yardage (-23 places on 2014)
+4 turnover differential
28th ranked in total defense (380.6 yards per game, -22.3 yards per game on 2014)
8th ranked in pass defense (+16 places on 2014)
7th in rush defense (+5 places on 2014)
38 sacks (joint 14th)
Passing rating of 96.1 conceded.
15th in defensive penalty yardage (-13 places on 2014)

Statistics as usual need some explaining on the face of things. The Redskins offense and defense ranked lower in 2015 than in 2014. In the case of the defense even though they ranked lower the individual parts (pass/rush) ranked higher than 2014.

Offensively though it was much better although it would be fair to say the running game regressed. However, the coaches stuck with it even when not effective so this kept things like play action more effective. The reduction in total yardage comes down to a couple of reasons - firstly the defense got more turnovers and special teams did a better job of field position. Secondly the Redskins weren't chasing leads as much this season and getting a lot of gabage time yardage.

The two big improvements to note on offense are 3rd down percentage which took a massive jump in the right direction. This helps sustain drives. The other improvement was going from 58 sacks allowed in 2014 to 27 in 2015. Part of this is Cousins gets the ball out much quicker than RGIII, part of it is improved offensive line play.

Defensively it's a mixed bag. They did some things you want them to - improved the pass rush and got more turnovers - but they also wore down and leaked yardage. RUsh defense started well but then fell apart and was part of the issue in the play-off loss to Green Bay. They might have ranked 7th vs the rush but 4.8 yards per carry allowed tells the real story. Game situations helped keep the total down, not the average.

It is a unit that was hard hit by injuries. Of the 11 starters on opening day, only three were starting by seasons end.

Overall the Redskins trended in the right direction and did better than many expected. The trick now is to not just maintain the improvement but to take it forward and improve again.

Next time: Quarterbacks...

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:51 pm

I look forward to seeing your views abut the quarterbacks and who should come in to replace Robert Griffin lll.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:45 pm

Time to look back on how the Redskins Quarterbacks did in 2015 and what 2016 holds for theposition.

Before the season began Robert Griffin III entered training camp as the starter and the team had exercised the 5th year option of his contract but after some indifferent play in pre-season and a concussion to go with the improved showings from Kirk Cousins Jon Gruden made the call to go with Cousins as his starter.

Many commentators and fans have always felt Gruden didn't like or want Griffin as the starter. This may or may not be true but I do think the decision was justified.

Kirk Cousins started the season showing glimpses of why he'd been choosen as the starter but also plenty of what had held him back in the past - turnovers. In the season opener vs Miami he threw two ints but followed that up with a solid performance vs the Rams. He again showed inconsistency then with a poor performance against the Giants before producing a come from behind win over the Eagles at home. Then, after pulling off a game tieing perormance against the Falcons with a 26 second drive for a FG with no time outs he threw a pick six in OT and the good game - bad game pattern seemed to be maintained. I'm still on the side that the receiver slipped and that was what cost them that play.

He then had his worst performance of the season vs the Jets. Already missing DeSean Jackson the team also had TE Jordan Reed out in this game and it showed. Cousins was ok for a half but as the game got away he became inaccurate and threw two poor ints.

The talk had begun about should a change happen but Gruden stuck with his guy and he was rewarded the following week with the biggest comeback in franchise history. Down 24-0 vs the Buccaneers Cousins helped the team rally to win 31-30 as he for 317 yards, 3 touchdowns and also ran a score in. After the game was the infamous "You Like That!" moment as he went down the tunnel all fired up. This became the teams rallying cry for the rest of the season.

As Cousins got his weapons back, Reed and Jackson returning from injury, he began to develop the consistency the team craved. If you look at the Redskins season they started good at home, poor away, inconsistent (couldn't win on the bounce) and would be up and down within games. That was mirrored by Cousins.

With the division still open Cousins got hot towards seasons end, after the bye he only threw 3ints compared to 20TD's. In the last month of the season he had three straight 300 yard games.

Cousins strong play enabled the team to clinch the NFC East and a home play-off game with a 9-7 record.

Cousins stats were as follows:
Att: 543; Comp: 379; Comp %: 69.8% (led the league)
Yards: 4,166; Yards/att: 7.7; TD's: 29; Ints: 11
QB Rating: 101.6

Cousins also added 5 rushing TD's which led the team. He set the following franchise marks:
- Most yards in a season.
- Most 300 yard games in a season.
- Most combined TD's in a season (29 passing, 5 rushing)

It's fair to say he is the guy the team should commit to now as he has proved himself over a complete season and is the right fit for the offense the Redskins run but as a pending free agent Cousins has timed his improved play brilliantly and is likely looking at a major payday with an average/year wage of $17-20m. The team can use the franchise tag on him if they failed to complete a long term deal before free agency started but I'm sure they would prefer not to go down that route.

Colt McCoy was the back-up all season and he was only called upon twice. Once to hand the ball off to run out the clock vs the Saints and the other time was when heplayed the 2nd half of the game vs the Cowboys when Cousins was put away for the play-offs. He completed 7 of 11 passes for 128 yards and a 71 yard TD to Rashad Ross in that game. The coaching staff like McCoy a lot, they had made him starter for a number of games the previous season including a shock win over Dallas on MNF so I suspect they would like him back as the back-up to Cousins. This should happen unless McCoy is given an opportunity elsewhere to compete as a starter which I feel would be unlikely.

As for Robert Griffin III, he was only active for one game as the 3rd QB and his time is clearly at an end in Washington. It's shame in many ways for the franchise, given what they paid in draft picks to get him but both sides need a fresh start and where Griffin ends up for his new start will be one of the stories of the off-season.

Griffin's inpending release savs the team $16.2m on the salary cap which should be plenty to help pay for a new deal for Cousins.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:33 am

Not had much time these past couple of weeks but shall work now at getting through the other positional units:

Offensive Rushing:
Alfred Morris - 202 att; 751 yards; 3.7 yards/att; 1TD; 48L
Matt Jones - 144 att; 490 yards; 3.4 yards/att; 3TD; 39L
Chris Thompson - 35 att; 216 yards; 6.2 yards/att; 0TD; 42L
Pierre Thomas - 11 att; 52 yards; 4.7 yards/att; 0TD; 11L
Kirk Cousins - 26 atts; 48 yards; 1.8 yards/att; 5TD; 13L
Darrel Young - 6att; 10 yards; 1.6 yards/att; 0TD; 5L

Team totals: 429 atts; 1566 yards; 3.7 yards/att; 9TD; 48L
20th ranked in rushing yards/game.
17th ranked in attempts/game.
24th ranked in 1st downs rushing/game.
29th in rush yards/attempt.

The Redskins rushing game got off to a flying start and after 4 weeks of the season was the top ranked ground game in the league. However, things slowly went downhill as injuries to the offensive line kicked in and the passing game became the focal point of the offense.

Alfred Morris led the team in rushing and bookended the season with 100 yard games but this was by far his worse season as a pro and the first time he has failed to break the 1,000 yard barrier in his 4 year career. Part of this is that morris split time with rookie Matt Jones but the main reason is he just wasn't as effective in the Redskins change of scheme. Something I had noted might be an issue before the season started.

Morris is a pure rusher, he offers little as a receiver (only 11 receptions all season) or pass protector which allows opposing defenses to key on him when he is in the game as he is likely getting the ball. He also showed some indecisiveness in pushing the hole and would stop moving his feet which would lead to the play breaking down and no surge coming from the end of his runs. We still seen some flashes of what he can do but as much as I like what Morris has managed to do for the team in four seasons as a 6th round draft pick he might be at the end of the road in Washington as his limitations have started to become apparent and he may be better finding a team with a zone blocking scheme that can make the most of his ability to cut into that one gap and drive forward.

Matt Jones was taken in the 3rd rd of the draft and showed plenty of promise but also plenty of rookie mistakes - mostly fumbles! In his first serious game time of the season in Week 2 Jones introduced himself to the Rams with over 100 yards rushing and 2TD's. However, the fumbles started in that same game with his first lost fumble allowing the Rams to go in and score. That day it didn't prove costly but future fumbles would and it is something the coaching staff worked hard at with him but it likely had an impact on his game as the nervousness seen his avg/att drop by seasons end to 3.4 yards. It is fair to say that no one was making the Redskins running game tick by this point though. He also missed the last couple of games and the wild card match-up with the Packers due to a hip injury.

Jones did make a difference as a receiver though, producing several big plays from screen passes including a rip roaring 78 yarder vs the Saints. He had 19 recpetions on the season at 16 yards/reception, obviously boosted by that big play mentioned above. Going forward Jones has a chance to become "the guy" but I do suspect the team will look to bring in someone else to give them options. Jones has a good mix of speed and power though he just needs to cut out the fumbles or he'll find his way to the bench very quickly.

Chris Thompson was someone I wasn't even sure would make the roster before the season started but he showed some great flashes as a 3rd down back with some nice rushing on draws and the like and some useful recepetions over the season. Thomson has good speed to get to the edge or burst away quickly on draws but his intelligence as a route runner has clearly grown and his 35 receptions - two going for touchdowns - was a key contribution to the season. He too missed a couple of games with injuries and was a bit banged up by seasons end, his durability has been a concern in the past but he should be back next season to perform a similar roll.

Darrel Young was the Fullback but seen a very reduced roll. His main contribution is as a special teamer.

Pierre Thomas was added late on in the season as Jones and Thompson suffered injuries and he made a solid contribution especially as a receiver with a big game in the division clinching win in Philadelphia. A veteran player he showed he could still perform in the league but his future is an unknown at this point. he possibly gets an invitation to come back and battle for a job in camp.

Kirk Cousins led the team in rushing touchdowns which is great for him personally but also showed the issues the team had in goal line and short yardage situations. The young offenseive line struggled in this respect although there was a notable difference in play once veteran left guard Shaun Lauvao went down in Week 3. With veteran Kory Litchensteiger also missing 11 games the likes of Josh LeRibeus at Center and Spencer Long at Left Guard joined rookie RG Brandon Schreff and 2nd year RT Moses Morgan. Whilst the later three played reasonably well (LeRibeus struggled at center) at times they also had games where they struggled and were overpowered. Hopefully the valuable experience they gained will hold them in good stead going forward.

Overall it was a disappointing year for the running game but Gruden and McVay did at least not totally abandon it which meant opponents still had to respect and stop it which kept things like play action effective and helped the passing game.

Going forward I'd expect Morris to move on in free agency and possibly a new veteran or rookie (I'd suspect the former) will join Matt Jones to try and make up the meat and bones of the Redskins 2016 rushing attack.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 pm

I've got a little behind with this but lets try and catch up. Receiving is next and here are the 2015 stats:

Receptions:

Drops and Targets:

Even though he is officially a TE Jordan Reed was the Redskins most consistent receiving threat. His numbers would have been even better had he not missed two games with a concussion. Reed is able to create mismatches for the offense by lining up in a variety of places including on the line, going in motion or split out wide. If covered by a linebacker or safety he is always going to be favourite to win those type of battles. He is under contact for 2016 but it is the last year of his rookie deal; and he may be eying some of the $$$ floating around that the likes of the Eagles Zack Ertz has managed to grab. However, the Redskins will likely want some kind of protection from the injuries that have troubled his promising career at times in any new deal.

Tight End itself had a troubled time. Niles Paul and Logan Paulsen were expected to be the #2 and #3 TE's going into the season but both were lost to injury for the year in pre-season. Derek Carrier was then added in a trade from the 49ers and veteran Anthony McCoy was also added. McCoy was let go in mid-season and near seasons end another veteran, Alex Smith, who knew the Gruden offense from his time as a Buccaneer and Bengal, was added to the mix. Carrier showed he could have some potential at times but also made a glaring drop against New England that killed momentum. His season also ended with injury as he tore his ACL and MCL and his status for 2016 has to be in question.

At Wide Receiver, DeSean Jackson showed in two ways why he can be such a dymanic playmaker and has to be respected by defenses. After a troubled pre-season he pulled a hamstring in Week 1 vs the Dolphins and was lost until mid-season. Without him the Redskins struggled to take the top off defenses and those same defenses didn't feel threatened deep so could tighten up their underneath converage. It's no coincidence in my mind that the return of Jackson to health also seen Kirk Cousins game improve. Jackson only hauled in 30 balls but his average of nearly 18 yards per catch tells you all you need to know. He added in 4 TD's including a couple of defense breaking type plays where he got deep.

Pierre Garcon is a more a "steady Eddie" but you have to respect his toughness. He averaged just under 11 yards per catch but made somekey plays including the game winning TD vs the Eagles in Week 4 and he is a guy they like to go to on 3rd downs.

The other veteran, Andre Roberts, seen his playing time eroded as he struggled with some drops and struggles to get open. Rookie Jamison Crowder took his role in the slot and responded well with 59 grabs. Crowder can be dangerous with the ball in his hands and has learned quickly how to work the middle of the field. He looks good going forward and gaining more experience.

A couple of other young players seen some action. First was Ryan Grant. Not the faster and not the most physical, Grant runs nice routes but sometimes struggles to break away from the coverage. He made some solid contributions but might be pushed hard for his roster spot this coming off-season. Rashad Ross also seen some buts and pieces of playing time after a very strong pre-season and he also made some key special teams plays, recovering a blocked punt and returning a kick off for TD's. In the final game of the season he showed his deep speed with a 70+ yard TD vs Dallas. The hope is he can progress further in 2016.

Chris Thompson contributed 35 catches from the backfield but led the team in drops. Matt Jones also helped as receiver wioth 19 grabs.

Going forward in 2016 the Redskins have to decide can they afford to have Jackson and Garcon under contract for near $20m in cap room? Both are valuable players who work well in the offense and I personally would have both back but in order to save cap room extensions or re-works could happen. Jamison Crowder and Rashad Ross have both flased potential, Crowder especially could go on to bigger and better things in 2016. The one thing the team might like to add is a real big bodied WR, a physical presence. Garcon plays bigger than his size but having an option who you can throw the ball up to or run fades and back shoulder throws to and get mismatches on smaller DB's would be a nice addition to this unit.