NFL General Betting Advice

undertherobe
Stallion
Tips

Re: NFL General Betting Advice

Postby undertherobe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Was very surprised to see that the odds on Winston have been trimmed to 20/1.... Have got my bet on pretty sharpish, lol.
Be nice if that was because folks had been reading my blog LOL :P hardly likely I have that sort of influence though!!

Good luck with the bets. :win:
You've got the bookies running scared Jim!

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:09 pm

Was very surprised to see that the odds on Winston have been trimmed to 20/1.... Have got my bet on pretty sharpish, lol.
Be nice if that was because folks had been reading my blog LOL :P hardly likely I have that sort of influence though!!

Good luck with the bets. :win:
You've got the bookies running scared Jim!
It may well be from people reading the blog. It doesn't take much to move an NFL market. I've done it with just a few people following me on a bet. Even got Skybet to remove a market during the draft. Because they badly mispriced it and a few people got on. When the books are so small on a sport/market it doesn't take much to move them.

I know that sounds a bit ridiculous, but there was a day that I put up the Buccs to win the NFC South at 4/1, a few people got on, checked 20 mins later and it was 11/4 so not a huge cut, but enough. I asked someone I know who told me that Sky had taken 26.6 million in 3 days, over those three days the NFL book stood at a grand total of £45. I would imagine most of that had come on the Buccs to win the south, so the total book was probably around 100 quid and half of it was on one market. Price got cut.

CarterUSM
2yo
Tips

Online betting on US sports with UK online bookies

Postby CarterUSM » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi

Is anyone aware of any websites which offer online US sports/racing betting at American (rather than British fixed) odds, which are open to UK residents?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

titans choice
At Stud
Tips

Postby titans choice » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:16 am

Was just browsing the request a bets on SKY bet and i found one at 100/1 which i think is overpriced.It is as follows
Helaire OROY DROY C.Young and CPOY B.Roethlisberger

C.Edwards Helaire to be offensive rookie of the year the first round pick for the high scoring Chiefs might of had a hard time getting enough reps to win this award if Damien Williams was playing but he has opted out of this season.Helaire is 2nd in the betting for offensive rookie of the year at odds of 4/1.

Chase Young was the 2nd pick of this years draft and should be locked in to start for the Washington football team.Nick Bosa won this award last year with stats of 47 total tackles 9 sacks and 1 interception.I think Young who recorded 34 tackles and 10.5 sacks in 2018 then followed that up by 46 tackles and 16.5 sacks last year he is a very good player who could be somthing special and he could match the stats that Nick Bosa put up last year if not do better. currently favourite in te arket for this award at 9/2.

Big Ben is currently 2nd in the betting for comeback player of the award behind Cam Newton.I feel that given what Ben has to work with compared to the receivers at New England if Roethlisberger stays fit he should do better then Newton.Roethlisberger is 2nd in the betting at 5/1.Other types of players up for this award is A.Smith,J J Watt,R.Gronkowski,AJ Green,T.Gurley and M.Garrett.All the players listed are good but with injuries and other factors like competition i feel Roethlisberger can win this award.

Lee Dav
2yo
Tips

Postby Lee Dav » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:09 am

Is there going to be the usual weekly blog this year??

terrysmithh54
2yo
Tips

Postby terrysmithh54 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:55 am

I've had a few losses this year and when I think back I was betting on my opinion on how I perceive the event (player/team) rather than the odds value. Also I usually wait till Saturday to get my picks in.

dartinggreyhound
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby dartinggreyhound » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:48 pm

I've had a few losses this year and when I think back I was betting on my opinion on how I perceive the event (player/team) rather than the odds value. Also I usually wait till Saturday to get my picks in.
Some lines move very early in the week I've had a great year this year just got to hold it in the pot ready for next year yes you have to bet the value not the preferential player/team to win ! i have added a couple more podcasts to my listen to list but i have found that the player prop market seems to be the best yes your betting short prices but you have a better return rate if you get the lines right again these can move very quickly so need to be on it.