The 2017/8 Season Playoffs - Discussion & Selections

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Wild Card Weekend - Jan 6th/7th 2018

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:33 am

I'm all over Jacksonville. They're far superior to this Bills team. They have the QB more likely to make plays (good and bad it has to be said), the better RB with McCoy carrying the injury and their defense makes plays for fun.

The 2 losses carry very little concern for me as neither were games they needed to win and both came on the road. They've won 6 of their last 7 at home
Their defense didn't let them down, the offense however, has to be at least a bit better going forward. They at least didn't turn it over and Bortles made some plays with his legs but otherwise it was pretty laughable. I genuinely think the Browns would have scored more points and made more plays.

Interesting they face the Steelers now though, remember what happened last time they were there? 5 picks of Big Ben who doubted his own ability afterward (likely media deflection tactics but still...).

The Panthers - Saints was much more like it but that early momentum swing of a long drive and missing a chip shot FG likely has bitten the Panthers on the backside as that final drive would have seen a FG needed rather than a TD. Then again, if only a FG was required no way Sean Peyton doesn't punt rather than go for it on 4th down late on - but he got lucky there...both in terms of his D bailing him out and Brees throwing the pick which the DB would have been better off dropping. The right team won for me though, the Panthers never quite felt like they were getting into top gear offensively and they stalled too many times in the red zone although credit their run D which shut down the Saints deadly duo of Ingram and Kamara for the most part.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: The 2017/8 Season Playoffs - Discussion & Selections

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:44 am

Rather than start a new thread for next weekends games I've just re-titled this and I'll add the info here:

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF ROUND:

Falcons (6) at Eagles (1), Saturday 13th January, 4:35 pm EST/9:35pm GMT

Titans (6) at Patriots (1), Saturday 13th January, 8:15 pm EST/01:15am GMT

Jaguars (3) at Steelers (2), Sunday 14th January, 1:05 pm EST/6:05pm GMT

Saints (4) at Vikings (2), Sunday 14th January, 4:40 pm EST/9:40pm GMT

Early lines include the Falcons as 2.5 pt favs! Pats as 13.5pt favs vs Titans. Steelers as 7.5pt favs over the Jags and Vikings as 3.5pt favs at home to the Saints in what it seems many see as the toughest call of the round.

Let us know what you think of both the games just gone and the games upcoming...

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:17 pm

I didn't get a single game correct this weekend... :(
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:42 pm

My free 10 on PP has gone on Falcons - 2.5, Pats - 13.5, Steelers - 7.5 and Saints +3.5

Bit risky on the Pats and the Steelers ticking over 7 is also a bit annoying. If I wasn't in a rush I'd be going for 6.5 on the Alternative handicap.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:09 pm

A couple of early anytime TD prices with bet365 that I like:

Blake Bortles (QB, Jaguars), 12/1
Drew Brees (QB, Saints), 33/1

Bortles was running plenty last week and looks a fair price whilst Brees never runs but he can run a sneak at times and it’s such a massive price it’s worth a small punt.

TouchdownTips
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby TouchdownTips » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:08 pm

I like 2/1 on Zach Ertz. If you don't fancy him then 10s on Trey Burton (or 375/1 for 2+ for him)

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Experts Blog for Divisional Playoffs up and running:

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413493

toadie21
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby toadie21 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 pm

All 4 picks are on the spread for me this week.

Jaguars +8
The Jaguars defence is probably still in Jaguars nightmares and although I don’t think it’s necessarily think it will be a repeat of week 5 I do believe that the Jaguars defence can keep them in the game.

Patriots -13.5
One thing we know for sure is if the Patriots go up 20-3 at halftime they are not losing. Titans just don’t have anything in offence to threaten the Patriots.

Eagles +3
I think it’s a case of the Eagles being slightly underrated and the Falcons being slightly overrated. I may be in the minority but I have faith in Foles.

Saints +4
I tipped the Saints up before the playoffs and although the logical thing to do is back the defensive team in the Vikings I feel that the Saints with their top run game and with Brees can beat anyone.

BOL gang

On a side note, some interesting games coming to London and wouldn’t it be great if theirs a repeat of Super Bowl 52 Saints Jaguars.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:52 am

Add Tom Brady to my anytime TD scorers list at 20's with SkyBet. Both Rex Burkhead and Mike Gillislee look doubtful for tonight and whilst Brady is no scrambler he can and will run the odd sneak. I've had a very small dabble at the brace as well at 150/1!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Good start for your bet toadie :win:

Let's be fair to Nick Foles, he played alright. He didn't make any bad mistakes and did enough but the Eagles defense was the key with a shutout in the second half although the Falcons playcalling and inability to execute at times was certainly part of the puzzle. How does Matt Ryan not throw the touchdown pass to Toilolo? And who lines up on 4th and your season and splits a rarely used fullback out wide? The Falcons OC is in for a rough few days.

After a bit of a slow start which maybe you could put down to the bye, the Patriots got motoring without any real issues and for all the talk of how good the Jaguars, Eagles, Steelers and Vikings defenses are, the Patriots is just as good IMO. It doesn't do the great regular season stats those other D's do but it just makes stops when it matters and they consistently had the Titans in long yardage situations. Derrick henry was a none factor as well after being the beating heart of the Titans win last week.

On to tonight...

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Patriots were a masterclass last night, although the Titans didn't really offer up an awful lot. Bellichick had it spot on - stop the run game and you stop the Titans. Gman, you'll hate me for this but when I wrote my Experts previews I stated that I thought Henry would have a good game against the Patriots (who do often allow a lot of run yards), but it was when I was doing my OFL predictions and looking at it closely for Q2 I realised the Pats would go all out to close down the run, so I changed my mind!! :oops:

I'm fearful of saying anything about today's games. They involve two teams I've hardly got right all season - the Jags and the Saints. One of my friends over here has had a ball this year. She's a Saints fan and every time I've went against them I get a text saying "Yes, we'll win again this week, I see!" :lol:

I do think the strength of the Vikings defense is pivotal to this game. If they win it'll be because they've stopped the Saints offense, not because it's a shoot-out and they outscore them. The other game is trickier. You have to think the Steelers will have learned from that first meeting, and the Jags - while winning last week - were very tepid. Yes defense was good, but if that's what turns up this week the Steelers will rout them in my opinion.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:28 pm

I really fancy Le'Veon Bell to get a lot of touches and a tonne of yards tonight. I was looking through the Request A Bets that firms run but some of the odds are just pure evil! Bell to rush for more than 180 yards with SkyBet...4/1!! Only 15 players have ever rushed for more than 180 yards in a playoff game and how many playoff games has there been? 100's...1000's? It should be about 20/1!

Edit - to be fair it's 180 scrimmage yards. It's still a poor price though.