Backgammon

buzzer
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Backgammon

Postby buzzer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:36 pm

Backgammon, what a great game.....any of you guys play???.......i have been playing for 20 years or so and would love to be able to play online with money.....are there any good sites that you know off where you can play for real money..............i want to go fleece a few nice people out of their wages :lol: :lol:
..... Due to the economic climate..... the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched Off..!!!

The Shark
Stallion
Tips

Play backgammon online

Postby The Shark » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:06 pm

Hi buzzer

A backgammon expert amongst us :D

We heard that online backgammon is growing in popularity. Some even think it will become as popular as poker! We thought we had better check it out so Ive played a few games and added some content here

http://www.olbg.com/backgammon.php

It looks a lot of fun :D

I'm trying to organise an OLBG backgammon tournament at the moment. Thought it could be fun and help people to learn about the game.

The Shark
Stallion
Tips

Postby The Shark » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:08 am

Most the sites I looked at charge a subsription.

Out of the ones which dont, the biggest site with the most players seems to be play65. All they cover is backgamon. Its probably the place to be for a player like you - regular tournaments with big cash prizes.

Moneygaming also cover backgammon along with many other skill games. I guess the players there wouldnt be quite so experienced?

Good luck Buzzer and let us know what you think of the sites and how you get along. :D

buzzer
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby buzzer » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:09 pm

Thanks for that Shark, as soon as i get a spare 5 minutes i will go check them both out and let you know how i get on with the players/sites.
..... Due to the economic climate..... the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched Off..!!!

The Shark
Stallion
Tips

Postby The Shark » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:34 am

Nice one karania - good luck :)

Many people thought that backgammon would be the next poker and skill games not far behind - but it doesnt seem that either have really boomed.

Still - there are plenty of games on the two sites you mentioned to entertain those who enjoy it :)

OlbgDeleted5269
At Stud
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted5269 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:36 am

I use the Ladbrokes site buzzer, but there are bound to be better sites out-there, welcome to the world of online Backgammon gambling :D

tunny0
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby tunny0 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:40 am

Hi Buzzer,

William Hill offer you the chance to play Backgammon, they also have Gin Rummy, which i play a lot, to find it mate log on to William Hill and click on the skill section where you will find. They offer tourney play cash games and even practice play. Good luck in your quest m8
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Im soooooo pround to be a Leeds Fan

fairfranco
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby fairfranco » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:09 am

shall we start an OLBG backgammon tournament?

there looks like there's a few people who'd be up for it, not sure if there's anywhere where you can set up actual tournaments or not?

I haven't checked out any of these sites yet so can anybody tell me if you can set up poker style private tournaments?

If not we could just do individual games but run the league or tournament from here. a couple of quid per game with another pound maybe going into the overall champions prize fund

tunny0
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby tunny0 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:53 am

tunny0,

Does William Hill have many players online? I believe this is the best factor to judge on an online backgammon site. I also tried gammon-empire and looks like the same as Play65. But still haven't tried William Hill and Ladbrokes.
I think there is a fair few playing yes m8

fairfranco
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby fairfranco » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:11 am

tunny you up for a tourney?

tunny0
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby tunny0 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:05 am

I will need to learn how to play it m8, ive no i dea on rules and so on, im practising on William Hill so ill gi you a shout when i think im good enough.

But its a game of skill aint , ive no chance then :lol:

fairfranco
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby fairfranco » Tue May 08, 2007 12:31 pm

i played my first game of backgammon online for money today.

saw it available from the party poker folk so got in for a go for 50cents.

Firstly there were a whole load of extra rules and options that I'd never seen before and didn't really understand. These were optional extras.

Secondly all the games i played were on pretty short time limit per go and I found having taken too long meant i forefitted the game! a bit harsh i'd say, would be fairer to make you miss your turn. then again i guess sometimes it can prove better to miss your turn than have to play your go and put your pieces in dangerous positions.

you could play tournaments on there but i'm not sure if you could do private ones. i'll take a look later and get back with the info.