Brit Awards

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Brit Awards

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:37 pm

I was in Sunbets and I was surprised to see this category come up as those in the know tend to know the results of this before the big live spectacle arrives.

An indication of who has a good chance of winning is quite simple. If they’re playing on the night there’s a good chance they’re winning!

So what catergories can you bet on?

Best British Female looks to be sewn up as Dua Lipa is 1/2. And she’s had a cracking time of it so Incan see her winning the catergory.

Best British Male and Best British Album could be closer.

Both look to be a fight between Stormzy and Ed Sheeran.

In one corner you’ve got the man whose brought Grime to the mainstream while in the other you’ve got one of the biggest selling singer songwriters in the world today.

My heart says Stormzy will win but my head says Sheeran. He’s won four Brit Awards already, twice winning Best Male and in 2015 winning Best Album.

Something that could be of interest but in no way a guarantee is that Sheeran producers Steve Mac has already been awarded this years Brit for Best British Producer of the year. Is that an indication of how things will turn out?

Best British Grouo for me is another head over heart shout. I’d love Wolf Alice to win it but I’m going for rock duo Royal Bllod. To be honest if they won it I won’t be gutted as both bands and hard working, honest to goodness rock acts. But I’m going for previous winners of this category Royal Blood.

Best British Male - Ed Sheeran 2/1

Best British Album - Ed Sheeran 5/2

Best British Group - Royal Blood 2/1

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Brit Awards

Postby stereoman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:05 am

Sun Bets have understandably shut up shop sharpish with their rather generous odds as soon as Lust posted!

After years of being stung by those in the know, it is also quite understandable that few bookies are willing to price the Brit Awards up.

Have advocated this usually but if you turn up, you usually win. On the very strict off-chance that other bookies will put any odds up at all then here are my thoughts....

Love him or hate him, Ed Sheeran will very likely win Best British Album as it is the biggest selling of the five nominated. Last year with David Bowie winning was an exception to the rule where they wanted to honour a passing legend.

Dua Lipa has had a seemingly very good year and she is clearly being groomed as queen of this year's Brit awards. She is a stiflingly low 1/5 over at Ladbrokes/Coral to win British Breakthrough which is a publicly voted award but she should beat out the likes of J Hus 5/1, Sampha 6/1, Loyle Garner 16/1 and Dave 25/1 fairly handily if only going by her number of YouTube views.

I think the only two categories that are 'up in the air' are Best British Group and Best British Male.

"...but Ed Sheeran is nailed on for British Male!" you might very understandly say.

If there is any hint of condescension against Ed Sheeran then this category would seemingly be more more fitting than British Album. Rag'n'Bone Man really only has one song and Stormzy has social media acclaim though so for either of them to cause an upset would be seemingly difficult.

Liam Gallagher turned down an invitation to host apparently so he very likely won't win...as you were. Wouldn't know who Loyle Carner was if he stood in front of me and said "Hi, I'm Loyle Carner!".

British Group has never been so low down the pecking order and with no nominees performing, it's difficult to determine who will actually win. Am drawn to Wolf Alice to cause an upset for some strange reason but not enough genuine reasons to actually think it will happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Brit_Awards

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 pm

First two awards were announced and Dua Lipa wins British Female, Stormzy wins British Male (surprise!).

Odd that those two categories are announced before International Group which was won by Foo Fighters.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Wow. Gorillaz wins British Group!?

Harry Styles winning British Video for "Sign of the Times" is no surprise considering it was a public vote & 1D fans are rabidly insane but Rag'n'Bone Man winning British Single with "Human" was. Dua Lipa winning Breakthrough considering she was heavily bet on to do so not so much.

The presentation order is weird if they were in terms of importance as British Video was second-to-last given out!? British Album goes to...Stormzy! WOW!! REALLY!?

Would imagine if there were odds up than bookies would have got clobbered like they usually do as shady those in the know drove Stormzy's odds down like they knew rather than were merely guessing.

After last year, I'd imagine they wanted to shut some people up but Stormzy!?

Grime does finally come of age.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:07 am

Is it safe to come out from hiding yet?!

Apologies folks, misjudged that. I actually put a bet in Stormzy by a mistake for best album but it doesn’t help when I’m making tips on here!

I was in a bit of a roll, right back down to Earth now!

The Snail
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby The Snail » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Don't worry! Its not like you wrote Stormzy off, you put him up in the top two! I didn't have a bet but enjoyed yours and stereomans write ups so keep up the good work!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Don't worry! Its not like you wrote Stormzy off, you put him up in the top two! I didn't have a bet but enjoyed yours and stereomans write ups so keep up the good work!
I think I was disappointed as they rarely take bets on The Brit’s as it’s supposed to be known in advance. And with a bit of skill you can deduct who should win.

I remember, it sure if it’s the same now, but votes are awarded to voters or their size. The bigger the record label the more votes they get so it’s harder for smaller acts to get nominated or win.

With that in mind it’s usually a safe bet on who’ll win. With hindsight Ed Sheeran getting a global artist (or did I imagine that?!) was a sweetener for him not getting the other awards.

I’m hoping more bookies will now offer odds on next years events and we’ll get some winners!