ImACeleb 2017

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: ImACeleb 2017

Postby garlicsauce » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 am

Iain is strong second favourite to win now, with Air Khan favourite to go tonight.

Elimination Betting -

Amir Khan 1.9
Jamie Lomas 2.5
Jennie McAlpine 7
Iain Lee 17
Georgia Toffolo 101

My Money is on Jamie to go tonight though, where's yours?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Am fatalistically 'pattern spotting' here but the sequence this year has been surprise, favourite, surprise, favourite, surprise, favourite...are we due a 'surprise' for the seventh elimination?

Amir has been accused of bullying Iain. Keeping him in could rack up the tension even longer or they could easily get rid of him like they did with Rebekah. Not sure which way it goes. Think Jamie or Jennie goes and Amir finishes third like David Haye did back in 2012.

Nibbles on Iain Lee to in the whole thing though as he's the general 7/1 second favourite. If there's a 'to win without Georgia Toffolo' market still about, would imagine he's odds-on then. I just fear it can't be that easy though that it''ll be a Georgia/Iain 1-2 finish.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 pm

In-running seventh elimination odds from bet365:

Amir 8/15
Jamie 5/2
Jennie 6/1
Iain 20/1
Georgia 100/1

Looks like a firm opinion forming that Amir is going tonight thwarting my fatalistic pattern spotting but there's been a slight nibble on Jennie.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 am

Pattern spoiled as Amir goes.

Looks like 'Girl Power' will swing it for Georgia to win.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/im-a-celeb ... reotyping/

Georgia looks very likely to fall over if a light breeze hit her so the tide of support for her is, imho, thoroughly unjustified.

The Georgia-Iain 1-2 finish ominously looks very good as iain is being edited as though he was being bullied by Rebekah, Dennis, Amir and Jamie How Jennie has escaped such a hatchet job of an edit, I don't know.

https://twitter.com/MissCharleyWebb/sta ... 5407563777

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:58 am

Jamie is odds on to go next. I hope Toff does win it. Not got any money on her (on Jennie), but throughout the show she has been the most entertaining.

Salato
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Salato » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Jamie is odds on to go next. I hope Toff does win it. Not got any money on her (on Jennie), but throughout the show she has been the most entertaining.
I think Toff is deserved favourite, both in terms of her being the most likely to win it tonight, and I agree that she has been the most entertaining of the contestants, a very likable positive girl who has shown real determination and strength in the trials and throughout the show, so she should win.

However I do wonder if Iain may have a chance of being in with a shot potentially - never expected it earlier on, I thought he would be one of the first to go, but he has built up a big sympathy vote, and the reveal in the tabloids earlier last week that he has been in the show to try and get money to pay for care costs for his elderly mother. So while it is still unlikely, it would not be the biggest surprise now if Iain did go on to win it.

Only big surprise now would be Jamie winning - he seems a good bloke and has a soap following, but he has already been in the bottom two, and with Jennie having gone too, 3rd place seems most likely for Jamie I think.

Didn't bet much on it, just a fiver on Toff to win just over a week ago, but I did put a quid on Iain a few days ago as seemed like he would get to the final. Will see who emerges victorious tonight now anyway!

Salato
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Salato » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Well done to Toff, deserved winner. Good show this year, a lot of good contestants.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 am

Always shenanigans to the end with Jamie somehow finishing second ahead of Iain who admittedly surprised initial impressions to finish third.

Was the last time there was any tension as to who the winner would be, was Ashley Roberts (presumed betting favourite) lost out to Charlie Brooks?

EDIT: I never ever believe the voting figures but here the are...

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/im-a-celeb ... rity-2017/