UK Box Office

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: UK Box Office

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Paddy Power paid out on Thor being under!

Well done if you got the 9/10!

Onto The Justice League!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:58 pm

I noticed that http://olbg.info/4/L40/D/words>Paddy Power have started to offer odds on box office specials. I missed the Blade Runner one but there’s another three for the rest of the year.

These are weekend opening box office

Thor Raganarok Over 255 9/10 Under 255 9/10
Justice League Over 245 8/11 Under 245 11/10
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Over 555 9/10 Under 555 9/10

I’m not sure what currency they’re talking about but I’m sure it’s dollars.

Let’s get down to the films.

I don’t think Thor won’t make over $255 in it’s opening weekend. Why? Because of Marvel films they opening a week later in their biggest marker, America. That means it’s got to make a hell of a lot of month worldwide to top $255. And while it might, I very much doubt it will be enough.

Tip Under $255 9/10

Justice League is an interesting one. I feel a bit sorry for DC films as they are often torn to pieces by critics and cinema goers without really being given a chance and they’re not that bad.

Wonder Woman was a massive critical and commercial hit for them and this has Batman and maybe Superman in it. There’s a downside that it will be opening not long after Thor but it will be opening world wide in the same weekend.

Tip Over $245 8/11

Star Wars will make a lot of money. It’s opening worldwide at the same time but The Force Awakens managed to make $529. The current record is The Fate of the Furious which made $541.

So can The Last Jedi make as much as The Force Awakens? I don’t think so. There’s the Carrie Fisher factor to consider and more of Luke Skywalker will be good but it doesn’t have the novelty factor that The Force Awakens had.

Tip Under $550 9/10
Justice League tipped to open at the worldwide box office with over $325 million...

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 pm

That was close, far closer than I expected as Justice League flopped big style. But it managed to make $280 million world wide in its first weekend.

And well done if you took the overs at 8/11!

Two wins outbid two. Onto Star Wars.

Really hope bookies make box office betting a regular occurrence!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

I noticed that http://olbg.info/4/L40/D/words>Paddy Power have started to offer odds on box office specials. I missed the Blade Runner one but there’s another three for the rest of the year.

I don’t think Thor won’t make over $255 in it’s opening weekend. Why? Because of Marvel films they opening a week later in their biggest marker, America. That means it’s got to make a hell of a lot of month worldwide to top $255. And while it might, I very much doubt it will be enough.

Tip Under $255 9/10

Justice League is an interesting one. I feel a bit sorry for DC films as they are often torn to pieces by critics and cinema goers without really being given a chance and they’re not that bad.

Wonder Woman was a massive critical and commercial hit for them and this has Batman and maybe Superman in it. There’s a downside that it will be opening not long after Thor but it will be opening world wide in the same weekend.

Tip Over $245 8/11

Star Wars will make a lot of money. It’s opening worldwide at the same time but The Force Awakens managed to make $529. The current record is The Fate of the Furious which made $541.

So can The Last Jedi make as much as The Force Awakens? I don’t think so. There’s the Carrie Fisher factor to consider and more of Luke Skywalker will be good but it doesn’t have the novelty factor that The Force Awakens had.

Tip Under $550 9/10
Star Wars has been released. Looks to be the second biggest opening of all time in America at $220 million but interestingly enough it’s not scoring as highly for audience ratings as what the last two Star Wars films have.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:24 am

Early reports suggest Star Wats international weekend worldwide opening was approx $450.

If confirmed that will be three out of three!

:win:

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:49 pm

I was perusing he bookies specials to see anything of interest and I noticed this market. Eventually had a bit of success with it last year so thought I'd try again.

This time it appears to be highest grossing film in the UK this year. I'm unable to check the small print but it's between Beauty and the Beast and the new Star Wars film, the Last Jedi.

Beauty and the Beats has already made approx £72 million at the UK box office and Star Wars is released on December 15. So it would have two weeks to beat it! Can it do it?

I'm not too sure. When the Force Awakens came out there was a lot of hype around seeing there old characters back on screen. That's no longer the case although we should get a bit more Luke Skywlker!

There is the tragic passing of Carrie Fisher. If you take into account Heath Ledger passing ablest before The Dark Knight you could argue that p ole went to see his last performance.

I just think it's a lot for the film to make in a short period of time. Rouge One, in all fairness a spin off, didn't a break box office records. What was a novelty a couple of years back seems a bit stale just now.

I'm going for Beauty and the Beast at 5/4. The real winner is Diseny as they have both films!
So it appears The Last Jedi, taking into account a Thursday opening, has made £28 million in its opening weekend. To beat Beauty and the Beast it’s fot to make about £44 million between now and the end of the year.

I don’t think it will do it as there’s the likes of Jumanji coming out. But it might be close!!!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Tip Under $255 9/10

Tip Over $245 8/11

Tip Under $550 9/10
Just realised that Paddy Power have settled the Star Wars bets as the box office was under!

Three out of three in that market! Box office specials are indeed specials!

Well done if you were in them!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Meanwhile, back at the UK box office...

Barring a miraculous uplift in the next week and a half, there is no way "The Last Jedi" overtakes "Beauty and the Beast" by year's end.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/d ... box-office

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:51 am

Meanwhile, back at the UK box office...

Barring a miraculous uplift in the next week and a half, there is no way "The Last Jedi" overtakes "Beauty and the Beast" by year's end.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/d ... box-office
Good news alround!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:28 pm

I was perusing he bookies specials to see anything of interest and I noticed this market. Eventually had a bit of success with it last year so thought I'd try again.

This time it appears to be highest grossing film in the UK this year. I'm unable to check the small print but it's between Beauty and the Beast and the new Star Wars film, the Last Jedi.

Beauty and the Beats has already made approx £72 million at the UK box office and Star Wars is released on December 15. So it would have two weeks to beat it! Can it do it?

I'm not too sure. When the Force Awakens came out there was a lot of hype around seeing there old characters back on screen. That's no longer the case although we should get a bit more Luke Skywlker!

There is the tragic passing of Carrie Fisher. If you take into account Heath Ledger passing ablest before The Dark Knight you could argue that p ole went to see his last performance.

I just think it's a lot for the film to make in a short period of time. Rouge One, in all fairness a spin off, didn't a break box office records. What was a novelty a couple of years back seems a bit stale just now.

I'm going for Beauty and the Beast at 5/4. The real winner is Diseny as they have both films!
Top grossing film of 2017 in the UK revealed as Beauty and the Beast!

Second was Dunkirk, Last Jedi third!

Well done if you were on at 5/4 back in the summer!!!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Betway have odds up for 2018.

This seems easy enough in that "Avengers: Infinity War" should win barring a shock result although waiting eleven and a half months can be testing.

Possible upsets? "The Incredibles 2" and "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" could outperform expectations. The word of mouth on "Solo: A Star Wars Story" seems slightly poisonous and it might do worse than "Rogue One".

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 pm

http://olbg.info/84/L40/D/words>Betway> have odds up for 2018.

This seems easy enough in that "Avengers: Infinity War" should win barring a shock result although waiting eleven and a half months can be testing.

Possible upsets? "The Incredibles 2" and "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" could outperform expectations. The word of mouth on "Solo: A Star Wars Story" seems slightly poisonous and it might do worse than "Rogue One".
I saw this last week and Inwas goon to write a blog or a longer piece but I can’t see the point.

Why? I really can’t see The Avengers being beaten.

It’s worhwhile bearing in mind that when it comes to the box office market there’s a few stumbling blocks.

When is the film released? As what we seen with the Star Wars films the later the release the less one it will get, no matter how good or big a title it is!

Also this particular market is for the UK and UK films or films set in the UK do well. Recent successes such as Skyfall, Ths Paddington films, Dunkirk and Mama MIA point to this.

The Avengers has a pretty decent release date at the end of April. It’s perhaps the biggest franchise in the cinema universe just now and it will get hyped for all its worth.

I think the next best film is going to abe Jurassic Park. The dinosaur films are box office gold and the recent one did well, especially in the UK.

The Incredibles 2 is an interesting one. It’s a bit like Finding Nemo follow up Findiing Dory, it’s a sequel to a popular Pixar film that was our ages ago.

And like Dory I expect it to finish higher in the US yearly box office chart that the UK one.

Deadpool 2 will do well. Black Panther will do better than it’s stable mate Ant Man. DC films such as Aquaman are fighting a losing battle.

I wouldn’t worry about Solo not doing that well. The recent StarnWars films have been besieged by rumours of not being thag good them being released to commercial success? And remember, Star Wars films are made by Disney whiaso male Marvel films.

Their the winners!

Top grossing uk film 2018 The Avengers 8/11