UK Box Office

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: UK Box Office

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Paddy Power paid out on Thor being under!

Well done if you got the 9/10!

Onto The Justice League!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: UK Box Office

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:58 pm

I noticed that http://olbg.info/4/L40/D/words>Paddy Power have started to offer odds on box office specials. I missed the Blade Runner one but there’s another three for the rest of the year.

These are weekend opening box office

Thor Raganarok Over 255 9/10 Under 255 9/10
Justice League Over 245 8/11 Under 245 11/10
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Over 555 9/10 Under 555 9/10

I’m not sure what currency they’re talking about but I’m sure it’s dollars.

Let’s get down to the films.

I don’t think Thor won’t make over $255 in it’s opening weekend. Why? Because of Marvel films they opening a week later in their biggest marker, America. That means it’s got to make a hell of a lot of month worldwide to top $255. And while it might, I very much doubt it will be enough.

Tip Under $255 9/10

Justice League is an interesting one. I feel a bit sorry for DC films as they are often torn to pieces by critics and cinema goers without really being given a chance and they’re not that bad.

Wonder Woman was a massive critical and commercial hit for them and this has Batman and maybe Superman in it. There’s a downside that it will be opening not long after Thor but it will be opening world wide in the same weekend.

Tip Over $245 8/11

Star Wars will make a lot of money. It’s opening worldwide at the same time but The Force Awakens managed to make $529. The current record is The Fate of the Furious which made $541.

So can The Last Jedi make as much as The Force Awakens? I don’t think so. There’s the Carrie Fisher factor to consider and more of Luke Skywalker will be good but it doesn’t have the novelty factor that The Force Awakens had.

Tip Under $550 9/10
Justice League tipped to open at the worldwide box office with over $325 million...