Billboard Awards

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Billboard Awards

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:28 pm

All quiet on the Special bet front although I did find this one!

I found Paddy Power are offering odds on the Billboard Awards to be announced in May. The two categories are Artist of the Year and Female Artisit of the Year.

As far as I can tell the Billboard Music Awards finalists are based on album and digital songs sales, streaming, radio airplay, touring and social engagement. And it's for a period between March 2016 and March 2017.

With that in mind, who'll be artist of the Year?

I'm going for Adele at 5/1. She won last year for the two awards but throw into the fact she had a massive tour and ended the year as top Artist and Female Artist and I think she's got a chance.

How will she get on for the latter part of the year and the start of this one? That's a good question but I think her popularity will see her win.

Beyoncé is favourite in the Female category but I think Adele will knick that one too. Beyoncé did well with Leomoade and had a successful tour as well but I've got a feeling Adele is going to win.

In relation to Artists of the Year no person has more it more than twice which Adele would need to do this year. But I think she'll do It!

Billboard artist of the year Adele 5/1

Billboard Female artist of the year Adele evens

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Billboard Awards

Postby stereoman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Those odds in full...

Top Artist ~

Beyonce 6/4
The Chainsmokers 13/5
Drake 10/3
Adele 5/1
Justin Bieber 11/1
Twenty One Pilots 14/1
Rihanna 20/1
The Weeknd 20/1
Ariana Grande 33/1
Shawn Mendes 33/1

Top Female Artist ~

Beyonce 8/11
Adele evens
Rihanna 20/1
Ariana Grande 20/1
Sia 33/1

If this is based on record sales then both should be Adele's in a cakewalk. No 'You turn up, you win" principle in effect...possibly but this isn't usually on my radar in regards betting on awards. First time I think I've ever seen odds for this.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Betting unavailable for Artist of the Year. You can still back Female Artist though... :?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Huh. Looks like I was wrong about Adele's sales figures but it depends what metric you use. Streaming helps make Drake top but 'traditional sales' makes Adele top instead

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... um-2016-us

No idea if this has any effect on what Billboard choose but Drake was apparently the top global artist of last year...whatever that means. Drake had the biggest selling single worldwide with 'One Dance' (!?) but Beyonce narrowly sold the most albums globally ahead of Adele and Drake though.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/beyo ... 202395667/

Drake's odds have come into 11/4. Adele drifts half a point to 11/2. Beyonce and The Chainsmokers remain unmoved.

Drake might be a lively spoiler...someone know the result already or merely guessing!?

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Huh. Looks like I was wrong about Adele's sales figures but it depends what metric you use. Streaming helps make Drake top but 'traditional sales' makes Adele top instead

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... um-2016-us

No idea if this has any effect on what Billboard choose but Drake was apparently the top global artist of last year...whatever that means. Drake had the biggest selling single worldwide with 'One Dance' (!?) but Beyonce narrowly sold the most albums globally ahead of Adele and Drake though.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/beyo ... 202395667/

Drake's odds have come into 11/4. Adele drifts half a point to 11/2. Beyonce and The Chainsmokers remain unmoved.

Drake might be a lively spoiler...someone know the result already or merely guessing!?
That's what I was worried about, how exactly they're going to measure it!

Time will tell!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sun May 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Mass confusion as I think the awards are tonight but they've already been announced. I think!

I think Drake is the overall winner and Beyoncé female artist of he year.

Mass confusion though!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon May 22, 2017 3:13 am

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the results were known before the actual show was broadcast as these type of award shows lack accountability but it's marginally better than betting on WWE which is just free money to those privy as to who 'wins'.

Beyonce was a no-show and none of the categories she won, including Top Female Artist, were shown.

Drake did indeed win Top Artist.

No idea how Paddy Power will treat this.