2018 Oscars

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: 2018 Oscars

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Hmmm..."Baby Driver" wins Editing? Will be surprised if it beats out the likes of "Dunkirk" at the Oscars but maybe there is some industry love for it despite the spectre of Kevin Spacey.

"The Shape of Water" won Production Design and Score. "Call Me By Your Name" wins Adapted Screenplay. "Phantom Thread" wins Costume Design.

It's getting to look a bit more predictable but there are still be some categories up for grabs at the Oscars. "Dunkirk" wins Sound at BAFTA but will it win neither/either/both Sound Editing and Sound Mixing at the Oscars!?

"Blade Runner 2049" gets Cinematography and beats out "War for the Planet of the Apes" for Visual Effects so it looks like the "Apes" franchise will go unrewarded yet again.

"Three Billboards..." Vs. "Get Out" in Original Screenplay. Feel Jordan Peele may beat out Martin McDonagh at the Oscars.

"Three Billboards..." won British Film so it looks ominous that those who bet very late and made the odds drop probably knew the results already.

Sam Rockwell wins Supporting Actor and Allison Janney wins Supporting Actress. Gary Oldman wins Actor and Frances McDormand gets Actress. Guillermo del Toro gets Director. Game over, man. They ain't gonna lose that Oscar.

BAFTA did indeed mostly go with what won at the Golden Globes. Bizarre that they are so kneejerk.

Can "Three Billboards..." win Best Picture at the Oscars though!? It can't be that easy.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:34 pm

I’ve got nothing against Coco. Honest!

Not only should it win the Best Animated film but it should also win best Original song for Remember Me.

But it’s closest rival is something of a phenomenon.

This Is Me is from the Greatest Showman. It opened low in America with about $8 million in its first weekend but ever since then its performed really well and could have one of the best word of mouth performances that I can remember. So while it won’t make more than the last Star Wars film its still in the top ten when Star Wats isn’t.

And with it being a musical a lot of that is down to its soundtrack, itself something of a craze.

The Oscars isn’t really a popularity film and Coco should have this in the bag. But I like the fact that this has captured the publics imagination, so much so they’ve released a singalong version in the cinema along side the normal version.

The last time they did that was with Frozen and Let It Go won the Oscar for best song. Not a trend to stake your mortgage on but you never know!

This Is Me best song 11/8

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Was kind of expecting it but I will be stunned if the collective gamble on "Get Out" to win Best Picture actually happens. It is also being firmed to win Original Screenplay and some are nibbling at Jordan Peele's odds to win Director.

SkyBet did this last year but they have a whole load of #RequestaBet odds with most of them fairly unappealing. I can't be bothered to make screenshots so will just copy-and-paste instead.

Best Actor: Oldman; Actress: McDormand; Supp. Actor: Rockwell; Director: Del Toro
2/7
Best Actor: Oldman; Actress: McDormand; Supp. Actress: Janney; Animated Feature: Coco
1/3
Best Actor: Oldman; Actress: McDormand; Supp. Actress: Janney; Director: Del Toro
4/11
Best Actor: Oldman; Actress: McDormand; Supp. Actor: Rockwell; Supp. Actress: Janney
4/9
Blade Runner 2049 to win 2+ Oscars
4/9
Best Actor: Oldman; Actress: McDormand; Supp. Actor: Rockwell; Director: Del Toro; Orig. Score: The Shape Of Water
4/7
Best Actor: Oldman. Actress: McDormand; Supp. Actor: Rockwell; Supp. Actress: Janney; Sound Editing: Dunkirk
8/13
Dunkirk to win 3+ Oscars
5/6
Dunkirk to win two or fewer Oscars
5/6
Blade Runner 2049 to win all of: Best Cinematography, Production Design & Visual Effects
10/11
Blade Runner 2049, Baby Driver, Get Out and Coco ALL to win 1+ Oscars
13/8
Dear Basketball NOT to win Best Animated Short
7/4
The Shape of Water to win Best Picture; Allison Janney Best Supporting Actress & Sam Rockwell Best Supporting Actor
15/8
The Shape of Water to win Best Picture; Del Toro Best Director; Oldman Best Actor & McDormand Best Actress
15/8
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; Visual Effects: Blade Runner 2049
2/1
Blade Runner 2049 to win Cinematography, War/Planet/Apes Best Visual FX & Shape of Water Best Prod. Design
2/1
The Shape of Water to win all of: Best Picture, Production Design, Orig. Score & Director (Del Toro)
2/1
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; Orig. Screenplay: Three Billboards...; Actress: McDormand
5/2
Dunkirk to win 4+ Oscars
5/2
Best Picture: The Shape of Water; Original Screenplay: Get Out
7/2
Best Picture: Three Billboards..; P. Design: Shape of Water; O. Screenplay: Three Billboards..; O. Score: Shape of Water
4/1
Best Orig. Score: Shape of Water; Prod. Design: Shape of Water; Doc. Feature: Faces Places; For. Lge Film: The Square
5/1
Best Picture: The Shape of Water; Actor: Oldman; Orig. Screenplay: Get Out; Cinematography: Blade Runner 2049
5/1
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell; O. Score: The Shape of Water; O. Screenplay: Get Out
5/1
Best Supp Actor: Rockwell; Cinematography: Blade Runner 2049; Film Editing: Baby Driver; Orig. Screenplay: Get Out
6/1
The Shape of Water to win Best Picture; Blade Runner 2049 Best Visual Effects & Get Out Best Original Screenplay
6/1
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; Orig. S/play: Get Out; Vis. FX: B/R 2049; Sound Ed.: Dunkirk; Sound Mix.: Dunkirk
13/2
Blade Runner 2049 to win exactly 3 Oscars; Three Billboards... to win Best Picture & Get Out to win Orig. Screenplay
7/1
Best Director: Del Toro; Cinematography: Blade Runner 2049; Animated Feature: Coco; Sound Editing: Baby Driver
9/1
Best Picture: The Shape of Water; Original Screenplay: Get Out; Visual Effects: War for the Planet of the Apes
9/1
Best Picture: The Shape of Water; Original Song: This is Me; Visual Effects: War for the Planet of the Apes
10/1
Get Out to win both Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay
10/1
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; Original Song: This Is Me; Film Editing: Baby Driver
12/1
Blade Runner 2049 to win exactly 3 Oscars; The Shape of Water to win Best Picture & Get Out to win Orig. Screenplay
12/1
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; Best O. Screenplay: Get Out; Best O. Song: 'This Is Me'; Dunkirk to win 3+ Oscars
14/1
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; O. Screenplay: Three Billboards...; O. Song: This Is Me; Dunkirk to win 3+ Oscars
14/1
Blade Runner 2049 to win Best Cinematography; Baby Driver Best Sound Editing & W/for Planet o/ Apes Best Visual Effects
16/1
Get Out to win Best Original Screenplay & Mudbound to win Best Adapted Screenplay
16/1
Best Foreign Language Film: The Insult; Best Animated Short: Dear Basketball
20/1
Lady Bird to win both Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay
20/1
Best Picture: Lady Bird; Original Screenplay: Get Out
22/1
Baby Driver to win Best Film Editing, Best Sound Editing & Best Sound Mixing
33/1
Best Film Editing: Baby Driver; Sound Mixing: Baby Driver; Orig. Score: The Shape of Water; Original Screenplay: Get Out
33/1
Best Picture: Lady Bird; Original Screenplay: Three Billboards...
33/1
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; Actor: Oldman; Supp. Actor: Rockwell; Cinematography AND Sound Mixing: B/Runner 2049
33/1
Best Director: Jordan Peele; Supp. Actress: Metcalf; Orig. Song: Remember Me
40/1
Best Picture: Get Out; Best Orig. Screenplay: Lady Bird
40/1
Best Picture: Three Billboards...; Actor: Oldman; Supp. Actor: Rockwell; C/tography: B/R 2049; F/Lang. Film: The Insult
40/1
Best Picture: The Shape of Water; Best Director: Del Toro; Best Actress: Hawkins
66/1
Three Billboards... to win Best Picture, Laurie Metcalf Best Supp. Actress & Willem Dafoe Best Supp. Actor
66/1
Best Picture: Dunkirk; Actor: Oldman; Orig. Song: This Is Me; Visual Effects: Blade Runner 2049
100/1
Best Picture: Get Out; Actress: McDormand; Supp. Actress: Manville; Director: Del Toro
100/1
Best Picture: Get Out; Best Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
100/1
Best Picture: Get Out; Best Director: Gerwig; Best Orig. Screenplay: Lady Bird
100/1
Lady Bird to win Best Picture & Lesley Manville to win Best Supporting Actress
100/1
Best Picture: Lady Bird; Actress: McDormand; Actor: Oldman; Director: Del Toro; Supp. Actress: Manville
150/1
Best Picture: The Shape of Water; Director: Del Toro; Actor: Oldman; Actress: Hawkins; Supp. Actress: Metcalf
150/1
Lesley Manville to win Best Supporting Actress & Mudbound to win Best Cinematography
150/1

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:18 pm

It’s finally here! Oscar night!

At this point it’s alomat pointless saying anything. You’d think that all the favourites are a short price because they’ve been grabbing all the awards.

There’s always a last minute punt and this year it’s Get Out. I’m sure I’ve said on here months ago I thought it had a chance of being nominated. But I don’t think it will win Best Pictue.

Three Billboards is up against The Shape Of Water. Which one will win?

I’m going for The Shape Of Water.

Since the Oscars have started only four films have won the Best Picture when the Director hasn’t been nominated in their category. Three Billboards, while being a great film, doesn’t have a Directors nomination.

The Critics Choice Awards has a good success rate of pointing to the winner of this award as does the PGA and DGA awards. And all have gone for The Shape Of Water:

If it does win it will need to break the trend of the SAG nominations. Basically if you don’t get nominated in that you don’t win this. But La La Land wasn’t nominated for a SAG last year and won this. Oh wait; it didn’t...

It’s going to be close. I’ve not seen The Shape Of Water but Three Billboards is great. I’m going for The Shape Of Water at 15/8

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:09 am

Just up and bleary eyed. Looks like the risks with Loving Vincent and This Is Me but there was some wins.

More noticeably Gary Oldman won best actor 141 days after being tipped to do so on here!

:win: :win: :win:

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 am

Right!

Some winners from the predictions, notably Shape Of Water best film 15/8, Best actor longest acceptance speech (6/5) Meryl Streep to be nominated (evens) and Gay Flipping Oldman to win (5/2)

Onto next year!

We go again!