The X Factor 2016

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:30 pm

The theme for the first week is..."Express Yourself".

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-fact ... ncredible/

Future weeks will be determined by a spin of a wheel. Load of old nonsense...will be manipulated by the producers no matter what.

As for the theme for the first week, it almost assures that neither of the freaky shouldn't be there acts of Bratavio and Honey G will be eliminated.

If there are any last longer match bets, I'd take Honey G to survive longer than Bratavio. She'll Wagner her for a few weeks, might even inexplicably survive a sing-off but will be removed when the producers see fit to end the joke early.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Looks like Relley C and Freddy Parker might be the obligatory cannon fodder ahead of Bratavio and Honey G for the first elimination but it's only a couple of nibbles.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: The X Factor 2016

Postby stereoman » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Bratavio and Relley C were the favourites to go before the show started but in-running, Bratavio are now the warm favourites to go.

Two scenarios for me as to what might happen:

1. Possibly only room for one joke act this time and Bratavio are the sacrificial lambs to allow the producers to focus their energy on Honey G.
2. One of Relley C and Freddy Parker goes. Most likely, Freddy...he is cannon fodder.

Brooks Way weren't performing tonight to due to allegations relating to violence of some sort. Have no idea if they're still in the competition.

I'd imagine 'TXF' producers will take 'em to the cleaners in regards the 'first act announced safe' market.

You wouldn't pay to see Bratavio at a holiday camp. They're doing an effing medley of the Vengaboys's 'Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!' and Aqua's 'Barbie Girl'. "Woeful" is being polite. When Simon Cowell is the 'voice of reason' and the other three are humouring the pair as though they're good and have an actual chance of a career then this show has an agenda...make Simon Cowell look good (he ruins it later immediately by declaring Honey G as 'good' though).

Mind you, Jedward are probably still going strong...somewhere.

Emily Middlemas is mysteriously flat-voiced even with only 24 hours to prepare for a song (The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey's' "Closer") that superficially shouldn't have been that hard to sing. A huge Scottish bloc vote will surely help her last the course though. Leon Jackson and Michelle McManus have won singing contests on ITV before.

Honey G calls herself the first rap artist to be allowed in the live finals. It's probably true...Reggie 'N' Bollie weren't rap. She's doing "California Love" and making it about her. She'd get lynched in a pub. The panel being very kind with only Nicole showing any signs of negativity. Honey G ain't going anywhere fast. Sharon Osbourne showing how 'with it' she is by suggesting Snoop Doggy Dogg (he hasn't been called that for a while now, you plastic faced witch) and 50 Cent would be wanting to record with Honey G by Monday.
I'd imagine it'll be another white male that Simon has chosen to form in his image, in the vain attempt that he can finally make one as popular (or at the very least, one that the Americans will take to) if not more so than say, Leona Lewis.
Hmmm. Matt Terry looks like what would happen if Simon Cowell and Robin Thicke were able to have a child together. Matt should stop styling his hair like that...when was the last time Robin Thicke sold any records?

Matt Terry is the designated winner until a credible alternative emerges and if the first week is to go by then nope, there isn't any.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:00 am

In any other year, this would surely be about just Matt Terry and a resurgent Emily Middlemas but now!? YIKES!!

This isn't funny any more and with the way 2016 has been, I think Syco want to play along and have this series as a write-off with Honey G as the winner. She's supposedly GENUINELY popular and not in an ironic "We're not laughing AT her...we're laughing WITH her!!" schtick from the idiots watching at home. There are people who want to by an album from her (if the opinion of one of the gay couple on 'Gogglebox' is any indication then yes, there are people out there who have lost all sense of taste) so it is bizarrely on the cards that a novelty act will finally somehow win.

The novelty act generally never finishes higher than fifth where they conveniently get the chop (unless you count Same Difference who finished third back in 2007 in that freaky year where Leon Jackson (WHO!?) beat out the supposed favourite Rhydian Roberts.

Another bland male singer, another bland female singer or Honey G!? It's that kind of year unless Syco want to put the kibosh on Honey G as soon as possible.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Apologies for not giving my thoughts this series.

The prominence of Honey G in the betting is worrying for me, however with arguably her best week last week and a massive deramp on Matt (strictly crossover, poor staging, song choice, karaoke comments), one would think she would have pulled clear in the voting if she had earlier been ranked higher in the voting. We know this cannot be the case after Dermot's 1% between 1st & 2nd, and 2nd & 3rd comment. For me, they can control her vote as and when required, but whilst Ryan, Saara & SLavery are still in the competition, so will Honey G.

Would they rather get honey G to the final over 5am? For me, I don't think they'd risk it. It would diminish the X factor brand too much if so - perhaps that's their way of stopping the show forever (?)....And I think the honey G novelty will wear off when you have to endure 2 of her songs in one night. 5am might be just as bad vocally, but if they receive the similar OTT praise by the judges, they can still be pulled to third place.

Matt & Emily are currently clear at the top. Matt is the stereotypical winner of the show & Emily has the ability to challenge if TPTB carry on with favourable song choices / comments. I think his vocal strength will see him over the line however, and the 10/11 available, for those who missed the fancier prices, could look big in a few days time. Skybet were pricing this forecast up at 7/4 earlier this week.

In terms of next elimination, I fancy Saara to be in a singoff with SLavery...with Sam to go. Ryan will be in the bottom 3, but the Sunday night flash vote to save one will keep Ryan for the 4th time!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:39 am

Hmmm. Will Honey G be in the final?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-fact ... ily-allen/

Snoop (just "Snoop"!? Is that what he goes by these days!?) has proposed to duet with Honey G if she does. Oh dear Gawd...it's almost certainly gonna happen. Snoop does anything for cash, and the show needs something to legitimize Honey G's frankly non-existent rapping ability (the inability to rap is no obstacle in calling yourself a rapper these days as there are several rappers out there right now who can't rhyme such as Pitbull who carve out a damn decent career).

If Honey G wins then ITV can use "The Voice" as a 'palate cleanser' for 'genuine vocal talent' but if the BBC series are anything to go by it's usually won by someone who doesn't deserve to either.

I hate "The X Factor", I'm not much of a rap fan either but the idea that the first rapper to win being Honey G is just stupefying (a 21st century version of "The Black and White Minstrel Show" going on here) and would be close to a fitting end to the madness that is 2016.

It's on the cards. The sheer outrage of it all and idiots prepared to support her might make this just irresistible for ITV for something (anything!) to topple "Strictly Come Dancing" in the TV ratings and Honey G is the novelty act/stunt to do it. I can't see 5 After Midnight in the final but they might be the convenient third wheel in the final to Honey G with maybe a shock exit on the cards for Matt Terry or Emily Middlemas instead.

I have money on Matt Terry to win yet I'm worried by weight of money on Honey G is not just chancers ready to arb but are in it to the bitter end.

==================

Oddschecker are tipping Samantha Lavery to go this weekend with the appalling yet brilliant headline of "Lavery to be abolished?"...

http://www.oddschecker.com/tips/tv/x-fa ... -abolished

...and the odds appear to be shifting in their favour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_Fac ... series_13)

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:24 pm

Samantha Lavery into odds-on. No lifeline vote.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-fact ... row-night/

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:12 pm

No surprises as Sam goes as she loses to Ryan after it went to *GROAN* deadlock but Emily being in the 'bottom three' probably was.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-fact ... ghts-show/

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Whilst her performance wasn't great, there's no indication emily was bottom 3...she was just the last to be announced safe.
Next week I imagine a Sara/Ryan vs Honey g scenario. A lot of bad press about her today. They're obviously just putting the brakes on her a bit.
We'll see how things pan out this week with song choices & rehearsals.

eddie555
Handicapper
Tips

Postby eddie555 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:44 am

Honey g is going to win this isn't she? Simon Cowell doesn't really need another boring middle of the road winner like Matt.

eddie555
Handicapper
Tips

Postby eddie555 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:12 am

Song choices week 7

Boys
Matt Terry: Writing’s on The Wall - Sam Smith (Spectre)
Ryan Lawrie: Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley (Jailhouse Rock)

Girls
Emily Middlemas: It Must Have Been Love - Roxette (Pretty Woman)

Overs
Honey G: It’s Like That / Getting Jiggy With It - Jason Nevins/ Will Smith I (Keith Lemon The Movie / Last Days of Disco)
Saara Aalto: My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (Titanic)

Groups
5 After Midnight: Try a Little Tenderness - Otis Redding (The Commitments)

http://www.itv.com/xfactor/news/movie-w ... s-revealed

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:29 am

A lot of nonsense about Snoop and 50 Cent liking Honey G earlier but it's apparently Vanilla Ice who's the only one willing to be on stage with her if she's in the final.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2 ... ows-final/

Ryan inevitably odds-on but am interested as to why Emily and Honey G are blue. Are these this week's 'bottom three'!? Ryan and Saara attracting the bulk of the money apparently but will the producers finally decide it's time to get rid of Honey G instead?