The X Factor 2016

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: The X Factor 2016

Postby stereoman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 am

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/the-x-f ... -with-sia/

Oh...Sony and Syco have their hooks in Saara Aalto? A five album deal and Sia's written a song that's been given to her? Will she last longer than Matt Terry!? Yes, no, maybe...I always maintain that SImon Cowell and his minions do not know how to manage their acts long term.

If sales records are anything to go by then she's got a fairly low bar to hurdle to last longer than Matt Terry.

Never did look at the voting figures but it looks like people knew the totals in week 9 & 10 and may have bet accordingly thus driving Saara's odds down. Ouch.

GeorgeTheBettor
Listed Class
Tips

Postby GeorgeTheBettor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:20 pm

:no: :no: :no:

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:01 pm

OFF-TOPIC: I never really followed it with great interest (as I couldn't be bothered to open a new thread for the show ever) but I think he was the long time favourite ever since the auditions and lo and behold, Mo Adeniran wins 'The Voice' on ITV. It would never happen on a Syco show though as I'm sure they'd have gone with Jamie Miller as someone close to Simon Cowell's image.

There's your narrative. Try to build up interest in the winner as soon as they appear in the auditions and hope the public interest in your 'chosen one' sticks. Good luck to Mo...hope he doesn't emulate Jermain Jackman which would be the immediate comparison but the UK record industry's idea of what black British singers should sound like, in an era where it's currently dominated by hyper RnB infused pop, is very very niche.