The Next James Bond

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: The Next James Bond

Postby Gman84 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:03 am

From the Connery era it would be Daniela Bianchi (Tatiana Romanova in From Russia From Love). From more modern times, Eva Green (stunning in 300 Rise Of An Empire too!).
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

garlicsauce
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm thinking Priyanka Chopra for the next Bond Girl. Former Miss World, Bollywood Actress and more recently in the lead role in Quantico. 20/1 I know, but worth a punt?

As for next bond, I do have a small bet on James Norton, but now I'm also leaning a bit to Warren Brown if they go left of field. He's about the right age at 39 now and he seems to be coming into prominence at the right time. Can't find him in the betting yet, but of course there's plenty of time as Daniel Craig hasn't retired yet! Perhaps one to watch?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:46 pm

So..."McMafia" on BBC1 was on directly opposite "Spectre" on ITV prompting some muted talk about James Norton as the next James Bond after Daniel Craig.

"Not so fast!" says Ian Hyland. https://twitter.com/HylandIan/status/947957255785402369

Am rewatching "Spectre" and it is much worse than I remembered. It's like a $300 million direct-to-DVD movie but still not quite as bad as the wretched "Die Another Day" though. Craig's oneliners still don't land (he's weirdly very wooden here!) and his James Bond has the eerie supernatural marksman accuracy of a video game character. Dave Batista and Christophe Waltz were wasted but I can see the former making a return as another henchman-for-hire for another employer just like Richard Kiel did as jaws but understandably even Waltz feels he won't be back as Ernst Stavros Blofeld.

No idea what the wait is if the 25th James Bond movie really is supposed to be out in November 2019 as Daniel Craig has still yet to film "Purity" for Showtime! Did that TV series ever exist or was it just paper talk!? Is it really that difficult to nail down Daniel Craig for one more film!? Have Barbara and Michael been very busy behind-the-scenes trying to get a replacement for Daniel Craig but there really has been a shortage of suitable candidates!? Is it an issue with getting the crew together such as an appropriate director!? :?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Unless there's some sneaky insider betting from people who do know what the shortlist is to replace Daniel Craig (much in the same way Jodie Whittaker was inexplicably but correctly bet on to be the next Doctor Who) then no, the person replacing Daniel Craig as James Bond won't be black or a woman imho even if the possibility is being suggested by Barbara Broccoli herself.

http://www.projectcasting.com/news/007- ... ssion=true

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Dominic Cooper -

- Played Ian Fleming in the TV mini-series Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond
- Public schoolboy type in The History Boys
- Age 39 but looks younger
- Screencrush have him as one of their top 10 contenders
- Has openly stated he wants to be the next Bond

Has to be a better bet than David Beckham or David Walliams!

As for the next Bond girl how about Charlize Theron
- drop dead gorgeous model
- Not too young to be Craig's love interest (42)
- Oscar winning actress

---- coming to think of it if we're looking a female James Bond then....

pandabear123
Listed Class
Tips

Postby pandabear123 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:42 am

I would place my bet on Tom Hardy for the next James Bond. He is just so hot and so damn good at making the women melt in front of him...

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Not much news regarding Daniel Craig's replacement STILL (possibly one of the most ballachingly boring ongoing questions to remain unanswered) but Paddy Power have odds up on who will sing the theme for the 25th James Bond film.

I find Ed Sheeran to be obnoxiously tedious and the embrace of his mediocrity by the public at large is just incredible. He says he's got a theme song 'ready' so Barbara and Michael might not be able to resist getting him on board. Sam Smith wrote "TWotW" supposedly in 20 minutes, it got to number one and won an effing Oscar despite it being ruddy awful...he is strangely not amongst the odds even though there are reports saying he'd love another go.

Between those two completing the triumvirate of popular British musical tedium, is Adele yet she is surely the most 'classy' & 'prestigious' of the three. Suggestions are she isn't being considered for a return though!

They went with Madonna for the 40th anniversary in what was surely a coup but they didn't know that she'd produce one of the most legendarily horrific James Bond themes of all time.

I feel they must go British but worryingly, they may concede to 'commercial pressure' and that it is time for Ed Sheeran.

EDIT: Harry Styles is inexplicably being talked up by the tabloids as Daniel Craig's replacement with the vaguest of links that Christopher Nolan might insist on having him. I doubt it and that it's just the sillier parts of the British press wanting to cause some mischief.

Ladbrokes interestingly have introduced 'Any female' as 12/1 yet have individual odds on such unlikely selections such as Gillian Anderson 33/1 (no way), Emily Blunt 40/1 (not the worst suggestion in the world), Charlize Theron 66/1 (if "Atomic Blonde" performed better at the box office she might genuinely have had a case), Emilia Clarke (too small), Olivia Colman (nope) and Angelina Jolie (oh Lord no) at 80/1.

I don't think any bookie is quoting Harry Styles on the off-chance that it's somehow bizarrely and implausibly true...the liability could be huge especially from casual One Direction fans.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:56 am

I find the whole “woman to be Bond” thing completely stupid! It’s PC-ness gone over the top! He’s a white male!! It’s not racist or sexist to stick to what the character was written as!!

What next, a male Mrs Marple?
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Not really much new news about whether or not it will be Daniel Craig and we aren't that much closer to knowing who will be directing "Bond 25" other than it might be Danny Boyle.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/james-bond-007/news/a850513/james-bond-movies-25-danny-boyle-director/

If so, there are worse hirings that could've been sought. He is a James Bond fan.

Getting mighty close to where that officially announced Friday 8th November 2019 release date for US cinemas is very unlikely if they take too long just announcing who will be in it at this rate.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Not really much new news about whether or not it will be Daniel Craig and we aren't that much closer to knowing who will be directing "Bond 25" other than it might be Danny Boyle.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/james-bond-007/news/a850513/james-bond-movies-25-danny-boyle-director/

If so, there are worse hirings that could've been sought. He is a James Bond fan.

Getting mighty close to where that officially announced Friday 8th November 2019 release date for US cinemas is very unlikely if they take too long just announcing who will be in it at this rate.
Strange one. Nothing unusual with big budget movies announcing well in advance but Bond films, with a host of locations, stunts and effects, take ages to make. They’re running ot if time.

Said it before but I’m not fussed about Bond. I know nothing much about Flemings stories but I always thought it would be good to have one where an older Bond hands over the reigns to a younger one. Much like what they did with Batman at one point.

I’d go for Jamie Bell, Rio Ahmed or a complete curveball like Leitia Wright who excels in Black Panther as his sister.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Strange one. Nothing unusual with big budget movies announcing well in advance but Bond films, with a host of locations, stunts and effects, take ages to make. They’re running ot if time.

Said it before but I’m not fussed about Bond. I know nothing much about Flemings stories but I always thought it would be good to have one where an older Bond hands over the reigns to a younger one. Much like what they did with Batman at one point.

I’d go for Jamie Bell, Rio Ahmed or a complete curveball like Leitia Wright who excels in Black Panther as his sister.
And Dan Stevens. I’d throw him into contention

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:31 pm

John Hodge, a regular collaborator with Danny Boyle, is apparently spending the next two to three months finishing a potential script.

It will be duking it out with the one done by Purvis & Wade supposedly.

Daniel Craig HAS committed to doing "Bond 25"!? Thought it was merely reported by the New York Times and STILL hasn't been confirmed yet?

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/21/deadline-says-bond-25-has-dueling-story-lines/amp