The Next James Bond

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: The Next James Bond

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:10 pm

It might be Christopher Nolan directing "Bond 25" but we're still not anywhere near as to who will be James Bond in it.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/james- ... tor-talks/
Seen something that I can't on w find saying the new Bond is...Daniel Craig!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Yeah, that's the apparently very strong rumour doing the rounds in that Daniel Craig will return for one more film...along with Adele singing the theme tune (William Hill go 7/4 yes she does and 2/5 no that she doesn't).

http://amp.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... ource.html

It's the 25th so am guessing it's the ultra safe option to try and please everybody to get "Skyfall" BO numbers.

Getting a new James Bond for the 26th film most likely instead then.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Yeah, that's the apparently very strong rumour doing the rounds in that Daniel Craig will return for one more film...along with Adele singing the theme tune (William Hill go 7/4 yes she does and 2/5 no that she doesn't).

http://amp.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... ource.html

It's the 25th so am guessing it's the ultra safe option to try and please everybody to get "Skyfall" BO numbers.

Getting a new James Bond for the 26th film most likely instead then.
So if its a new Bond for number 26 I think its increasingly likely it will be a younger actor just for the amount of time it will take to make 25!

I still like Jamie Bell but for a new direction, how about Riz Ahmed? Or a completely new direction in Harry Styles?!

steveb65
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby steveb65 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:35 pm

not very good at media betting but for what its worth i think James Purefoy is a fine actor (remember Mark Anthony in Rome), and Clive Owen is extremely versatile. Either way Daniel Craig will be a hard act to follow and has been the best and most realistic gritty Bond to date....all the others including Sir Sean were all a tad cheesy compared to say the Bourne series, so Craig addressed that and brought a more believable character to the role.
Scratching a living on the great imponderable .... :hope:

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:37 am

A release date has been announced for November 8th 2019 but that's about it. No idea what else is happening right now in regards the next James Bond. Are the James Bond film rights still with Sony? If not then who has them!?

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:32 am

A release date has been announced for November 8th 2019 but that's about it. No idea what else is happening right now in regards the next James Bond. Are the James Bond film rights still with Sony? If not then who has them!?
I'm just as confused! I don't think they are!

Could this be like the time Connery made Never Say Never Again which was a Bond film but wasn't to same time?

There's a chance they could go for a completely new direction. Also, will it be a relaunch of this franchise or a stand alone entry?!

Could actually do with Bond to investigate is!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Don't think the New York Times would bother putting it out there that Daniel Craig will return if they didn't think it was true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/movi ... -2019.html

Thoughts on the 25th film...

Would be annoyed if it's Sam Mendes directing it who had his head and heart in the right place about homages in "Spectre" but the humour generally was either so dry or it wasn't there. The action was mostly perfunctory, the script was generally po-faced and the third act was retrospectively silly.

I don't expect Daniel Craig to be Roger Moore in the quips department though.

Don't think they can get anybody other than Neal Purvis, Robert Wade or John Logan to write the script...unfortunately.

Would be scared if it's Christopher Nolan who gets it. He's got an army of fans thanks to his treatment of the Batman franchise but it'd be a sideways step right of Sam Mendes and not too dissimilar either though.

Daniel Craig's best villain is arguably Javier Bardem's Silva. If they can get Tom Hardy or Michael Fassbender, it'd be remarkable. Christophe Waltz's Blofeld should've been so much better.

They may get someone unexpectedly A-list to be the Bond girl/s. Hiring American has oddly been a bad move over the years...they look great but generally have been incredibly underserved in their roles with Tanya Roberts, Teri Hatcher, Denise Richards and Halle Berry chiefly among them.

I'd imagine Adele in screwing over her fans by cancelling her concerts is because she's saving her voice for this. "Skyfall" is a remarkably overrated song but the banal prestige of Adele has seemingly hoodwinked most of the audience who are eerily hypnotised by her.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Yann Demange is apparently the frontrunner to direct the 25th film. WHO HE!? He directed "'71" which is his only major film credit. Also he's French which would be unusual as they usually hire British or those in the Commonwealth. I don't think they've gone mainland European for a director.

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/%2771_(film)

David Mackenzie ("Hell or High Water") and Denis Villeneuve are the other two supposedly in the frame. The former is American, the latter is Canadian.

Christopher Nolan is reportedly only to be interested in directing if he starts afresh without Daniel Craig so Tom Hardy as your new James Bond isn't so fanciful after all despite my misgivings.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Daniel Craig confirmed as next Bind.

Who will direct? Who will sign the theme tune? Who will replace him?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:34 am

Paddy Power have some odds in regards various hiring decisions...

I'd imagine Yann Demange has to be favourite considering he's likely to be the most cost effective and manipulable.

No idea. Getting Christophe Waltz back seems logical yet he was such a disappointment in "Spectre" but mostly because he was bizarrely written.

Cara Delevingne is 25 years old. Daniel Craig is 49 years old. Behave.

I'd imagine Paddy Power would easily consider if we were oooh, retrospectively betting on this market on "Spectre" that Lea Seydoux was the main Bond girl not Monica Bellucci...not least considering screen time (Monica was in it for like less than ten minutes!). Lea Seydoux was 29 years old when filming "Spectre". Monica Bellucci was 50 years old in one of the few instances where the romantic interest/Bond girl was older than the actor playing James Bond!

A shame they offer ludicrously low limits on these markets unless their liabilities are bizarrely humongous...I imagine they've just taken a disliking in me and my action though. What are you afraid of, Paddy!?

Also...obligatory odds as to who will be the next James Bond after Daniel Craig...

ImageImage

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:50 pm

Hmmm. Amazon and Apple are fighting Warner Bros. to get the distribution rights for the new James Bond films with Sony losing out?

Exciting times ahead for creative content makers with so much money sloshing around.

Would laugh if say, Rachel Weisz was the Bond girl for the 25th film and they essentially remake "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" and have her as essentially Diana Rigg. Have Daniel Craig's James Bond actually go on a mission for once! He probably never will get the chance to after this one!

Wallsendlad
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Wallsendlad » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:40 am

In these modern times of Political Correctness and sexual discrimination, I wouldnt be surprised if James Bond were to become Jane Bond in any future storylines, and they offer the part to a woman. :sarcasm: noticed
As a total outsider, my wife likes David Oakes ( Ernst, in the BBC drama, "Victoria") therefore bringing back the suave rather than the Daniel Craig rough cut version.

As a footnote, I was wondering who the forum members favourite Bond lady was.
Mine was Carey Lowell (License To Kill) :yes: :P