The X Factor

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

The X Factor

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:47 pm

Can't see a thread on this which surprises me. Here goes!

Not a fan of the show to be honest. The fact that they've got Nick Grimshaw as a judge this year doesn't make me love it anymore - he can't judge anyone, can he?!

I think it's too early to make any predictions but I did notice one thing that caught my eye...

Tom Jones was cruelly dumped by The Voice as a judge. Even although Sir Tom has in the past criticised judges on the X Factor, he later took back his comments.

Simon Cowell was asked about Tom this weekend and said he's take him as a mentor at one of the judges house.

Betfair have odds up for the judges and whose going to be at their house. Jones is only listed as being at one of them - Rita Ora. Someone who he was a judge with on The Voice!

There's how X Factor can get one over the BBC and theres how Sir Tom can stick two fingers up at his old employers.

To be honest it may well depend on who gets what category and I could see Ora having a younger mentor with her. But she knows Sir Tom well and at 8/1 it could be worth a nibble.

Tom Jones to be a mentor with Rita Ora at Judges House 8/1

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:57 pm

Very interesting

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:26 pm

As a guide from last year, Cheryl had Tinie Tempah, Mel B had Emma Bunton, Louis Walsh had Tulisa and Simon Cowell had Sinitta so most quoted are rather fanciful.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... tures.html

Those markets in full...

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini's Judges' House advisor

Kimberly Walsh 10/3
Tinie Tempah 7/2
Nicola Roberts 5/1
Louis Walsh 7/1
Ella Henderson 8/1
Sarah Harding 8/1
will.i.am 8/1
Ellie Goulding 10/1
Mel B 10/1
Ed Sheeran 10/1
Dannii Minogue 10/1
Labrinth 10/1
Sharon Osbourne 10/1
Jess Glynne 10/1
Michelle Keegan 33/1
Nadine Coyle 33/1
Victoria Beckham 33/1
Taylor Swift 33/1

Will Cheryl change it up and pick someone other than Tinie Tempah? Who else can she rope in?

Nick Grimshaw's Judges' House advisor

Harry Styles 6/4
Katy Perry 11/4
Miley Cyrus 10/3
Niall Horan 5/1
Louis Walsh 6/1
Liam Payne 8/1
Zayn Malik 16/1
Rihanna 25/1
Justin Bieber 33/1

A test of his 'pulling power'. Chances are it'll either be some unfortunate nondescript pop star rather than a 'big name' or possibly one of his work colleagues from BBC Radio One rather than someone from One Direction but who knows?

Rita Ora's Judges' House advisor

Ed Sheeran 4/1
Jess Glynne 4/1
Tom Jones 8/1
Chris Brown 10/1
will.i.am 12/1
Dermot O'Leary 33/1
Jamie Dornan 40/1

She is such a chancer. It'll be a test of her 'pulling power'. Will laugh if she drags on Wiz Khalifa. Tom Jones? It'd be oh so convenient.

willieboy
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby willieboy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:34 pm

X factor viewers are down again.....

1)what is the point of Grim Nick ??? Has no objectivity/astuteness to me..just seems to sit there smiling stupidly . Poor choice to be a judge, Simon.
2) Cheryl....all she can say is `smashed it` or `blew the roof off` and similar boring things.

Sorry Louis is not there....always good for a laugh ... and to make some money as he is invariably the 1st Judge out !!

Some good acts to open the contest but....now is not the time to jump in with bets on the winning act (imo)

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:02 pm

I reckonGrimmy is on because he's on Radio One. Show bosses must be the king if he's goit millions of listeners it will equate to millions of viewers.

One thing I didn't like was that some acts had a profession chorus of dancers with them. Eh?! Where's the rough around th edges, straight off the street, acts who'll have you punching the air in delight? That's what people want, not some polished act already established with a backing dancing troop!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:08 pm

Bets mo longer being taken on who'll be at the judges houses this year...

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:34 pm

I've taken a bit of the 5/1 surrounding Louisa....from my understanding of the 6 seat challenge, she was very good vocally and looks set to be pushed as the alpha female this year.

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:13 am

I just happen to have seen all episodes so far this year, and I am surprised that Simon Lynch is not favourite. He seems the type that people vote for, as well as being able to hold a tune... I'm off here am I?

That Louisa was alright, but screechy at the top end so hardly a perfect singer and girls don't tend to do as well do they?
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:30 am

Pity the poor buggers who end up having to go to Nick Grimshaw's house.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the ... ldham.html

He's got less of a clue than Louis Walsh as to being a mentor.

willieboy
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby willieboy » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Wm Hill offering 2/1 that any live singer forgets their words seems good to me.
If I`m correct this has happened every year (or almost every year)......anyway had a dabble for a good bit of interest.
Anybody know the stats on this?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:00 am

Rita Ora has managed to rope in...Meghan Trainor. Cheryl has Jess Glynne (10/1!) and Nick has somehow wangled Mark Ronson.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the ... ouses.html

Omniscient
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Omniscient » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:33 pm

I cannot reveal my source, but lets just say I regard it as the Holy Grail of X-Factor. Suffice it to say; I am now balls deep in Louisa to win.