The X Factor

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Oo-er. Now then. \'The chosen one\' is never usually this obvious and almost never ante-post unless any \'betting historians\' of \'The X Factor\' would like to suggest to me otherwise.

Maybe \'old age\' or \'senility\' has finally caught up with me but across various forums following the load of tosh that is this farce, ante-post gambles usually don\'t land.

A coordinated gamble? Shenanigans? Not so much \'The X Factor\' but How do you know, Mr Smith!? A record contract already signed!? That is \'standard operating procedure\' with Syco with all finalists who don\'t have very good lawyers (need a damn good one to break a Syco contract).

Simon\'s endorsement of her is no secret so maybe it really is just a complete farce of a competition more than it usually is before the eventual coronationof Miss Johnson.

Louise is only 17 years old so *COUGH* history to be made. Simon, you naughty boy.

Louise...prepare to be milked dry by a clueless management team who don\'t hire good songwriters long enough before the next bit of \'hot new thing\' comes walking through the door and then you\'re unceremoniously dumped.

It happened to Leona Lewis before letting her go for Leona Mark II that is the \'boring robot\' Ella Henderson. Sam Bailey anyone!? Even worse if you\'re white and male...Simon makes them into his image but does not know what to do with them.

Non-white and male? May as well do NOT exist in Simon Cowell land...whaddya mean Zayn Malik counts!? One Direction is a horrible fluke justifying this tedious mediocrity but the great British public just lap up this crap year-after-year.

Omniscient
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Omniscient » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:16 pm

I can't say too much on this one. But I can say this; it is my biggest ever bet.
My source on this one is very reliable. I wouldn't usually go in so heavy on a favourite at this early stage, but in this case I am confident; very confident indeed.
Lets just say that prior to this series starting, the winner was chosen.
Any ramping or deramping during the series by the panel is meaningless.
The big money in the market knows, hence the already short odds at such an early stage. Apologies for the market distortion I have caused, but this will settle in due course.
Quality information comes at a premium, but for the benefit of the greater good; I am happy to divulge it so that others may profit on here gratis. One should always consider the less fortunate than oneself, and give something back where possible.

eddie555
Handicapper
Tips

Postby eddie555 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:00 pm

I can't say too much on this one. But I can say this; it is my biggest ever bet.
My source on this one is very reliable. I wouldn't usually go in so heavy on a favourite at this early stage, but in this case I am confident; very confident indeed.
Lets just say that prior to this series starting, the winner was chosen.
Any ramping or deramping during the series by the panel is meaningless.
The big money in the market knows, hence the already short odds at such an early stage. Apologies for the market distortion I have caused, but this will settle in due course.
Quality information comes at a premium, but for the benefit of the greater good; I am happy to divulge it so that others may profit on here gratis. One should always consider the less fortunate than oneself, and give something back where possible.
And what does your "source" say - that Cowell likes her and they're going to favour her and push her? Even the most clueless viewer will have guessed that. As Stereoman alludes to the early favourite has never won anyway except Matt Cardle. And then to end your post (which was so generous of you to share your source's info with us) you remind us to be charitable to the less fortunate.

Omniscient
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Omniscient » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:19 pm

I have a policy of not responding to trolls, so regrettably it's no comment.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:37 pm

Seems like some of us are posting on devices other than a PC/laptop. I'd suggest not to use Android which even with the forum changes gives a backward slash/reverse solidus in front of every single apostrophe I use AND still doesn't allow for editing of posts.

I'll keep my above post up and unedited but the amendments should be:

* "Not so much 'The X Factor' (which is every naysayer's phrase of choice)."

* By Louise, I meant of course, Louisa Johnson.

Simon doesn't usually go for 'young white girls' for these things. Does Louisa remind him of his mother of something? She's a semi-professional singer but what dastardly plan does Simon Cowell have for her!? I do fear that I'm right in my points above. Nothing we haven't seen before as Simon Cowell's interest is not in the long-term success of his proteges but as to how much money he can make with the minimum amount of effort AND the shortest amount of time before he gets bored and can move on to the 'next big thing'.

Louisa has probably even been earmarked into being 'Leona Mark III'.

Little Mix is a fluke and they're () as well as being the only game in town as being the ONLY British girl group around right now. Accident or design? Wherefore art thou, Sugababes and *COUGH* even The Saturdays? Sugababes stuck in their Ship of Theseus!? Mollie King (the blonde one from The Saturdays) now has a contract at Island Records.

Also, apropos of nothing to what we're on about right now, winning the show is no guarantee of success. Olly Murs was, until both Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith showed up, arguably Britain's most successful male solo act. What becometh of Joe McElderry!?

We'll have to see. If eddie's skepticism is proved right then he has every right to have been so. If Mr Smith is right then wow, the ante-post favourite hoses up for Cowell & Co and um, those in the supposed know. I don't really care about 'The X Factor' but don't mind contributing to the conversation.

I like to think I'm being pragmatic rather than needlessly condescending.

I should post the ante-post odds up just out of interest before the show starts properly as I usually do with these things.

Omniscient
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Omniscient » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:09 pm

All aboard the Louisa train passengers. The train is now departing. Next stop winnersville. Please have your tickets ready. We are scheduled to arrive bang on time. Choo choo!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Really not enjoying this series. Apologies though for the Tom Jones/Rita Ora tip!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:28 pm

Wm Hill offering 2/1 that any live singer forgets their words seems good to me.
If I`m correct this has happened every year (or almost every year)......anyway had a dabble for a good bit of interest.
Anybody know the stats on this?
Meant to say, having watched some of this series, I reckon this is a great bet! Not had a chance to look at the small print, but could be worth a shout. I tried to look into how many acts have forgotten the words over the years. Anyone know?

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Can I ask something please - how can those in the know be certain of th winner of a reality show where the winner is decided by votes made by the public?

With public voting scandals in the past it not as if anyone could 'fix' anything and I fully understand you're not making those accusations. I just don't know how someone can be certain or something that's in the hands of the public? And all voting figures are available to t public.

I've not seen enough to comment on her but maybe she' been earmarked for the record contract no matter what. Ella Henderson hasn't done so badly for herself. I'd be worried that if someone is a favourite at this stage, when will the backlash come?

The way I see I is if Louisa is good the maybe she's go the best chance of having some sort sort career out of this but it might not mean she wins it.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:47 am

The last week before they announce it LIVE as to who'll be in the final um, sixteen? Is it twelve!? I dunno...here are the odds anyway.

OUTRIGHT WINNER:

BRIEF ANALYSIS: Is Louisa Johnson the best of the twenty-four left? It doesn't matter. It's not so much what the public wants, it's who ITV and Syco are pimping.

I simply can't believe that they let Matt Cardle win ahead of One Direction even with hindsight. It's that kind of a show though.

TOP BOY:

BRIEF ANALYSIS: No way on earth that Syco will let Seann Miley Moore (aka 'Guy-ley Cyrus') get anywhere near the final. He simply won't sell records. Not so much a freak show but a cabaret act at best. Expect him to get the fifth/sixth place reserved for the likes of Wagner and Tesco Mary.

TOY GIRL:

BRIEF ANALYSIS: Is Louisa the 'good thing' here? Can Keira be the spanner in the works? I have no idea. It can't be this simple though.

TOP GROUP:

BRIEF ANALYSIS: All the image consultants in the world won't make 4th Impact sell to a UK audience. Is it racism? To some degree, they'll do well to be in the final despite being heavy odds-on and after that just disappear into obscurity.

I feel Syco won't allow them to win.

TOP OVERS:

BRIEF ANALYSIS: A closest a black guy's ever won was when Andy Abraham got beat by Shayne Ward. Anton wont break the mould but he might just edge Jennifer here.

Who wins SCD and TXF if they're not white? Light skinned not dark skinned people.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Huh. It's twelve acts with each judge choosing three to the live finals. They're dragging this nonsense out over TWO nights!

The groups (Cheryl's group): 4th Impact, Alien Uncovered and um, Reggie n Bollie (!?).
The overs (Simon's group): Anton Stephans, Bupsi and Max Stone.

The boys (Nick's group) perfomed but the final three will be announced on Sunday night as will the girls (Rita's group).

Updated odds from SkyBet:

Louisa Johnson 11/4
4th Impact 11/2
Che Chesterman 13/2
Seann Miley Moore 7/1
Anton Stephans 7/1
Kiera Weathers 10/1
Alien Uncovered 22/1
Lauren Murray 22/1
Mason Noise 22/1
Havva Rebke 25/1
Max Stone 28/1
Reggie n Bollie 33/1
Simon Lynch 33/1
Ben Clark 40/1
Josh Daniel 50/1
Bupsi 66/1
Chloe Paige 66/1
Monica Michael 100/1

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:52 pm

The boys (Nick's group): Che Chesterman, Seann Miley Moore and Mason Noise
The girls (Rita's group): Louisa Johnson, Lauren Murray and Keira Weathers

Updated odds from SkyBet:

Louisa Johnson 9/4
Che Chesterman 5/1
4th Impact 11/2
Seann Miley Moore 7/1
Lauren Murray 7/1
Anton Stephans 7/1
Kiera Weathers 9/1
Mason Noise 16/1
Alien Uncovered 22/1
Max Stone 28/1
Reggie n Bollie 50/1
Bupsi 100/1

Well, the odds that the winner will yet again be white & male (SEVEN of the last eleven series!) seems like it can't happen but it hinges on the unlikely shoulders of Che "I don't look anything like Jeremy from 'Airport'!" Chesterman rather than Mason "Don't say 'Make some'" Noise or Max "No fun" Stone.

It seemingly really is a case of "Will Louisa be nobbled?" unless someone can 'break out of the pack' and present a case to the GBP or *COUGH* Syco that they're better.

Will that be Kiera or Lauren as the spoiler then?