The X Factor

willieboy
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby willieboy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:08 pm

2 items to mention....my earlier post on having a bet on someone to forget the song words may be `dead in the water` as I notice that all contestants are wearing ear-pieces. Presume this is a) not cheating! and b) so they don`t forget their words. Any ideas?
Looking on the site `Tellymix`....the girl group has got more votes than ALL the other acts put together.......can this be really true ?!?!

eddie555
Handicapper
Tips

Postby eddie555 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:25 am

2 items to mention....my earlier post on having a bet on someone to forget the song words may be `dead in the water` as I notice that all contestants are wearing ear-pieces. Presume this is a) not cheating! and b) so they don`t forget their words. Any ideas?
Looking on the site `Tellymix`....the girl group has got more votes than ALL the other acts put together.......can this be really true ?!?!
No, it's c) feedback, so they can hear themselves.

Philippines has 100 million population plus all the other Asian countries they're popular in. Whether they can actually vote on XF though is another matter.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Is this the end of the show after the shambles over the weekend. Olly Murs revealing Monica was going before it was official, Caroline Flack mucking up the phone numbers, the tired formula losing viewers by the millions and ITV apparently buying the rights to The Voice.

I can see it being rested, only to come back in about three years time.

willieboy
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby willieboy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Well.......it came in again.......Che forgot his words....even with the ear-piece.

I didn't think it had a chance.....but...thank you Che !

steercleer
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby steercleer » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:10 pm

the odds on bout jessie ennis for sports personality of the year defo looking dodgy now.. last night tyson fury becoming world champ and now andy murray sealing the davis cup for gb to end a 79yr wait for that trophy.....be interesting to see how bookies react

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:23 pm

So does Louisa have this in the bag, or will Reggie & Bollie spoil it for her?
They're the only 2 who haven't featured in the bottom 2 all series.
One can sing, one can't. Let's just hope the public see sense and push LJ over the line :hope:

paulat
Listed Class
Tips

Postby paulat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Agree that it seems between those 2 Danny.

Gotta be LJ surely?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:13 am

One or two stories about how Louisa has her Twitter account handle of @Louisa and how the original owner still has their tweets intact rather than have them conveniently deleted. Shenanigans.

It'd be hilariously awful if Reggie 'N' Bollie win it but it'd shut the likes of me up that non-Caucasian males never win 'TXF'.

The 'huge' ante-post gamble on Louisa Johnson though must be hoping that it's not a last-minute swerve job and that "Louisa would do so much better if she LOST 'The X Factor' instead!". She might do but considering 'The Voice' is on the horizon that Syco SHOULD get behind someone who likely could make it a longish career rather than just get behind a novelty act...I don't care what you say, Reggie and Bollie ARE a novelty act.

Reggie 'N' Bollie. Christmas Number One. Inconceivable. Who'd buy their records!?

Chris Hammer at Bettingzone did well predicting those two to be the 'top' group. Che ain't winning this though.

http://www.sportinglife.com/bettingzone ... ur-verdict

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:05 am

Although this seems like an open and shut case and that we should have believed Omniscient that something was in the works from the off, Reggie 'N' Bollie are not without their backers to 'shock the world' tonight. I would be stunned if Syco allowed this to happen but hey, we've seen odds-on shots get turned over before but not to the extent that the 'novelty act' actually wins!

The odds as they are right now:

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:51 am

Too big to fail from the start.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-fact ... ctor-2015/

First time in a long time that a young white girl wins a Syco talent contest since *COUGH* Michelle McManus. Simon Cowell seems to have an aversion to them in the past but he must have realized that it was time that he got in on the action considering the charts are full of them.

Simon Cowell has failed to find a male solo act (made in his bland image) that the GBP will buy into, regardless of quality. One Direction don't count in that regard in that they didn't win the show.

I'd imagine Louisa will be given the Little Mix treatment. Syco have somehow convinced the GBP that they're a silk's purse. Good luck getting the songs, Louisa.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:02 am

Dermot O'Leary's come back to replace Olly 'I don't sound anything like Jay Kay!' Murs and Caroline 'Gets a lotta' Flack.

Who are this year's judges going to be!?

Cheryl Temporary-Surname's gone. That useless fool Nick Grimshaw's gone. Rita Ora's likely to stay though (she's got nothing else on her plate) and Simon Cowell has to steer his own ship so he's likely not going anywhere either.

Odds from William Hill:

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon May 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Oh wait...looks like Rita's gone. Simon's on his own now.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... actor.html