Next Spiderman

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Next Spiderman

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Another so, so random event.

Marvel make superhero movies and Sony make Spiderman films. Leaked emails revealed talks took place between the two companies to have Spiderman in an Avenger film.

Now it's happening!

The new Captain America film will feature a new Spiderman. Said to be younger, possibly at high school, it's currently being cast as I type.

Asa Butterfield was the hot contender but apparently talked himself out of hone role when he talked about it.

Apparently it's down to two. Sony really want Tom Holland to be Spiderman and have apparently pushed him to the front of the process but Marvel are pushing for Charlie Plummer.

I think when he's finished in this film Sony will take Spiderman back and make their own films with him but I'm not sure. In theory tom Holland would be a good shout but I'm going for Charlie Plummer.

He looks younger than Holland and also looks the part of a geeky high school kid.

It's no cert that it's down to the two of them as you can never believe what you read on hone internet. But if it is between the two then I'm going for Plummer.

Charlie Plummer to be the next Spiderman 4/1 Betfair

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:21 pm

If it isn't at Paddy Power then it's over at Betfair. If I didn't know any better then there's been some 'movement' as to who's compiling the odds and who comes up up with such markets for 'novelty bettors'.

I think you'd have to wait until 2018 at the earliest to be paid out on this but good luck.

The list of contenders according to Betfair:

To play Spiderman in Marvel's first Spiderman feature film ~

Asa Butterfield 2/1
Dylan O'Brien 5/2
Charlie Plummer 4/1
Charlie Rowe 5/1
Matthew Lintz 5/1
Tom Holland 7/2
Logan Lerman 6/1
Judah Lewis 8/1
Donald Glover 12/1
Ansel Elgort 20/1
Reeve Carney 20/1
Chris Pratt 20/1
Jack O'Connell 25/1
Aaron Tveit 25/1
Jack Reynor 25/1
Joseph Gordon-Levitt 25/1
Zac Efron 50/1
Dave Franco 50/1
Freddie Highmore 50/1
Daniel Radcliffe 50/1
Hugh Jackman 50/1
Michael Fassbender 66/1
Jesse Eisenberg 66/1
Jamie Dornan 100/1
Idris Elba 100/1
Robert Pattinson 100/1
James Franco 100/1
Jim Sturgess 100/1
Jake Gyllenhaal 100/1
Eddie Redmayne 100/1
Bradley Cooper 100/1
Robert Sheehan 100/1
Bill Murray 200/1

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:29 pm

When are they planning on making this Spider Man? If it is to be made in the next couple of years, I guess that rules out Lintz as he is way too young and child-looking to be cast.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Interesting...Tom Holland posted a pic on Instagram from Atlanta where the Captain America film is being made!

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Interesting...Tom Holland posted a pic on Instagram from Atlanta where the Captain America film is being made!
Yes, according to reports it is him, Asa, Plummer and Lintz who are there as Spiderman has to make some sort of appearance on the Captain America movie or something.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Might mean nothing but betting suspended...

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Lloks like Sony won and there was a reason why he was playing golf in Atlanta

Tom Holland is Spiderman...

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:55 am

Looking around for odds for things and I see that Betway are betting on who will be Tom Holland's 'main villain' in his movie.

Kraven the Hunter 4/6
Mysterio 5/2
Hobgoblin 7/2
Scorpion 10/1
Jack O'Lantern 10/1
Vulture 11/1
Doctor Octopus 14/1
Tombstone 14/1
Morbius 25/1
The Lizard 33/1
Green Goblin 33/1
Kingpin 33/1
Sandman 33/1
Electro 50/1
Hammerhead 50/1
The Shocker 50/1

Hmmm. The case for and against Kraven the Hunter being the 'main villain' for the Tom Holland film?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3460850

Could it be a trio of villains instead? Morlun (who?), Mysterio and Chameleon? Billy Zane as Vulture and Jason Biggs for Scorpion?

http://en.yibada.com/articles/86525/201 ... rumors.htm

MTV makes the argument for Vincent d'Onofrio and Kingpin:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2199898/spider-man-kingpin/

How will Tom Holland's Spider-Man be different to previous incarnations?

http://www.business2community.com/enter ... GPEoSsv.97

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:31 pm

My Spidey senses are tingling..!

Here's what's known so far...

Robert Downie Junior has mentioned that he's been on set of Civil War and watched Spiderman film scenes. Chris "Captain America" Evans made an interesting point that the clip might not be included in the new film. Maybe he's trying to throw people off the scent.

Sony are looking to reboot Spider-Man again. There's talk that it will be like a John Hughes film, so expect it to be like a comedy drama set in a school with an awkward teenager.

I think Sony will be trying to distance themselves from what's gone before villain wise. So no Green Goblin, no Sandman, no Lizard, no Doctor Octopus, no Venom, no Electro, no Rhino, no Norman Osbourne...

An interesting thing is that John Malcovich was lined up to play Vulture before. He was measured for his costume and ready to go until the plug was pulled.

There was also a Sinister Six film lined up until the last Spideman film flopped. The Sinister Six film has been shelved but is there ideas from it left over?

Sony are looking to make it a smaller, more intimate scale in one respect but have promised that it's going to deliver on other parts.

Also, Spider-Man will already be established. No back story, no costume making escapades...

I think the villain may be closer to Spider-Mans age. They've said they want him to be a teenager, will it look daft if his main villain will be an old man?

Time to look into it!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Right!

The BBC have revealed that Sony have register SipidemanTheHomcoming as a website (pardon the pun) domain.

This is leading to speculation that the new Soiderman film could be based on the Homecoming comics from the 1980s. If this is the case expect the likes of Iron Man and Captain America .

What baddies does it feature?

As far as I can tell it features The Lizard and Vulture. Lizard has already been a bad guy in the first Spiderman reboot.

Can it be The Vulture then? What about Iron Man if the rumours of Spiderman picking Captain Americas side in Civil war are true?

The domain register worked wen Sony did the same with the James Bond film Skyfall but apparently none of the names registered by Warner Bros ended up being Dawn Of Justice when the new Batman v Superman film was released.

It might mean nothing but I like the look of Vulture being the baddie in the new Spiderman film at 11/1.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:30 am

Can't post the link but apparently Michael Keaton is being lined up to play the baddie in the new Spiderman film. Still rumours but apparently it's to play Vulture...

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 am

'Birdman' playing Vulture? Very meta.

This is more-or-less word-for-word what you typed the other day but it also suggests that Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus could be in the movie as well.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/12/ ... homecoming

Remember the odds are for 'main villain' which suggests possibly Green Goblin takes centre stage instead. Worst case scenario? It's a whole bunch of villains and not just one main one.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3867097

CASE IN POINT: Who was the main villain of 'Spider-Man 3'? I honestly don't remember. It was apparently Venom with Sandman and New Goblin as the support acts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_3
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Venom_%2 ... n_Films%29