Star Wars betting

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Star Wars betting

Postby LustForLeith » Sat May 09, 2015 6:29 pm

This could be an Ed Sheering moment - saw a price, think it over, by the time I place a bet it's shortened in price much like who'd have the number one Christmas album.

Betfair are offering odds on the new Star Wars film and various markets. An Original cast member to be killed off was 10/11 and it's now 8/11.

I'm not going to say anything on here but if you search Star Wars Force Awakens spoilers stuff comes up!

Beware though! These are just internet rumours. But the films director JJ Abrams has said that he's worried spoilers will ruin the experience. Some of them are true, some are not.

Considering there Luke, Han Solo, Leia, Chewbacca and C3PO (I think!) the chances of one of them being killed off statistically is a good shout.

Tread carefully Jedis but info have a feeling I'll be gutted I didn't take the 10/11!

Original cast member to be killed off in the new Star Wars film 8/11

EdwardFigueroa
Listed Class
Tips

Postby EdwardFigueroa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:48 am

Yes, every person like to watch betting games. And I think Tv & Special betting games are good platform for learning the basic skills of betting.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:31 am

I wrote a blog on Star Wars betting opportunities recently and it's time for tips!

I don't think Star Wars won't win best Picture or Bets Film at the Oscar. It might be lucky to get nominated in either category. But I do think that it will win something...

The first three films won Oscars for Visual Effects. Star Wars won out right while the next two won a special achievement for visual effects. They've taken they're time makign this, it's not been rushed to a release date with effects that look as if they were created on a Nokia phone (I'm looking at you Wolverine!)

Star Wars The Force Awakens To Win Best Visual Effects at the Oscar 2/1 Paddy Power

I Mentioned in my blog John Williams is back on scoring duties for the film. He'll have a great chance of winning a gold statue having been nominated for the first film.

This could be tight. Thomas Newman has been nominated twelve times and yet to win. He's done well with Bridge of Spies. James Horner tragically died earlier this year and could receive a win for Southpaw. But Williams has a great chance to win.

John Williams to win best score 5/4 Betfair

I also mentioned box office. Make no mistake, Star Wars is going to be huge. Biggest roll out in American history, most IMAX previews sold ever. But betting on it to be the biggest film of all time and to beat Avatar (the current holder) could be a game of patience.

I think it will beat Jurassic World, this years current highest grossing film. Odds have already tumbled but worth a nibble.

Star Wars The Force Awakens to gross more than Jurassic World 2/7 William Hill

Betfair have got some nice specials listed. Luke Skywalker to show his face after him being left off the poster and wearing a hood in the trailer has stoked a bit of interest but it's 1/5 that he does. More appealing, as pointed out before, is an original character to be killed off.

Original cast member to be killed off 2/5 Betfair

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Betfair no longer quoting original cast member to be killed off...

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:46 am

Do they have prices on Who?

My money would be on Han Solo as Harrison Ford is by far the oldest of the cast (i think)

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:54 pm

No mate they didn't.

The truth will be revealed soon. I think there's red Herron after red Herron...

Spoilers below...

Mark Hammill gave an interview in which he revealed if he revealed something he wouldn't get paid. He then tweeted he was growing a beard for the follow up to The Force awakens. I wouldn't be surprised if the second point is throwing people off the scent. Has clearly loyal to the brand and has a lot of respect for JJ Abrams, I'm not sure if he would give away the fact he survives as he did.

There's a Japanese trailer doing the rounds. It appears as if one character is crying as they are crouched over th body of another. You can't see the persons face whose lying down but I'll say no more. Again, not proof that someone is dead... Take the new. Captain America trailer with Iron Man cradling the body of his pal War Machine. If I were a betting man I'd wager that scene isn't the death of War Machine.

As mentioned before there were strong rumours that someone had seen the film being made and a character from the original dying. Could be all rumours.

Time will tell!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Not long now...

I. Cannot. Wait. Bee keeping my eyes peeled for other betts and one has can't my eye.

IMDB is a website dedicated to films and television shows. One aspect of the site is you can rate programmes and movies out of ten.

It's quite a thing to have a high rating on the site. In the top 25 the original Star Wars and it's sequel The Empire Strikes Back both have a rating of 8.7. The Shawnshack Redemption is the highest rated film on 9.2.

Betfair are offering odds on what rating the Force Awakens will have on 1 January 2016. They're offering 8/11 for it to have a rating of 8.55 or over.

I think there's a good chance it will. Films can do really well in the IMDB ratings when they first come out and with this film out next week it doesn't have a long period of time to gain or lose a rating. It's risky but 8.55 is a possibility .

Use the force!

Star Wars toe have a rating of over 8.55 on IMDB on 1 January 2016 8/11 Betfair

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Here we go!

Reviews have started to come in and they say the film is really good. The imdb 8.55 rating by 1 Jan is there for the taking and the box office looks to be smashed.

C'mon!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Star Wars opened at rated 8.9 on IMDB whole breaking box office records everywhere!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:08 am

Star Wars The Force Awakens has a rating of 8.6 on IMDB as of 1st January 8/11 :win:

And, er, there's another 8/11 tip that came in... :win: