Betting On the Oscars 2016

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:10 am

Roy Brindley must be a relieved man as 'Spotlight' wins Best Picture. It was not without it's supporters even with 'The Revenant', 'The Big Short' and 'Mad Max: Fury Road' providing opposition for it.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:10 am

I\'m going to do an Oscar update when I get a minute but in the meantime I spotted this that caught my interest...

After the worst kept secret and months of speculation Sam Smith is singing the theme song called "Writing On The Wall"

Sam\'s immensely popular on both sides of the Atlantic (not my cup of tea but then again maybe he\'s not a fan of me!)

The last Bond theme sung by Adele won an Oscar for best original song. Such a tricky category to predict and he\'s not even been nominated yet (the song hasn\'t been heard even!)

I think he\'ll have a good chance of being nominated and if so he\'ll have a good chance of winning. Such a random category, I\'m sure Rita Ora was up for one last year and didn\'t seem that bothered about it.

Eminem might feature for the song from Southpaw but I really like Smith\'s chances.

Found target='_blank' href='http://olbg.info/1/L3/D/words'>Ladbrokes> offering 12/1 for him to win an Oscar for Best Original Song next year and that\'s what I\'m going for.

Sam Smith wins...

Makes up for the rest of the tips that didn't quite come off. Almost.

:win:

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:45 am

Well done for keeping the faith. I thought Lady Gaga did everything 'right' but they still went for Sam Smith.

The boyfriend of the Visual Effects winner won £4k betting on her to win! I wonder which bookie laid that bet? Ouch.

Margotja5
2yo
Tips

Postby Margotja5 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:29 pm

I think only a few placed their money on Leo. :lol:

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:38 am

Bad year overall for Oscar predictions from me

Bradley Cooper, Cate Blanchett, Jake G early tips :lose:

Then Rooney Mara, Jacob Trembley :lose:

But Sam Smith winning best song, Leonardo Di Caprio and Spotlight won :win:

This years far too early predictions already posted!