Katy Perry at the Super Bowl

EdwardFigueroa
Listed Class
Tips

Postby EdwardFigueroa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:57 am

Katy Perry was looking elegant wearing red velvet strapless dress. Roar was the first song she sang...!!!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Betfair offering odds on who'll perform during the 2016 Halftime show:

Taylor Swift 7/2
Britney Spears 5/1
Nicki Minaj 8/1
Rihanna 8/1
Beyonce 8/1
Jay Z 12/1
Kanye West 14/1
Miley Cyrus 16/1
Justin Bieber 16/1
Metallica 18/1
One Direction 20/1
Queen 20/1
Jennifer Lopez 20/1
Carrie Underwood 20/1
Bon Jovi 25/1
Kendrick Lamar 25/1
Ed Sheeran 25/1
The Foo Fighters 25/1
Sam Smith 28/1
Lorde 28/1
U2 28/1
Adele 33/1
Iggy Azalea 33/1
Pharrell Williams 33/1
Garth Brooks 33/1
Ellie Goulding 33/1
Hozier 40/1
Little Mix 50/1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... hows#2010s

Do they go pop or do they go rock? Last few years suggest very strongly 'pop' and a female act (barring Bruno Mars) to counteract the testosterone.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:31 pm

50th edition so should be something special

Any early thoughts?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:44 am

Am all over the place in regards this (male!? female!? group!?). I think Bon Jovi and Foo Fighters are viable but whether either would want to do it is another thing. Can't see Metallica doing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_50

If they go female & pop, lazily I'd suggest Betfair have got it right that they'll need someone 'zeitgeisty' like Taylor Swift on board.

The dream ticket could oddly be Taylor Swift supported by Foo Fighters if the NFL want 'something special'. I think only the negative and ultra-sniffy could be negative about that pairing.

If it's that, I think Betfair would pay out on Taylor Swift. It's the headline act not the support act they've put odds up for unless it's inexplicably 'joint top billing' in which case 'dead heat rules' apply.

Britney Spears, Beyonce and U2 have done it before so likely no repeat. Rihanna if they're desperate. You have to laugh at most of the suggestions that have odds (One Direction!?).

Nicki Minaj is surely too 'racy' for the NFL and also, not a good fit. Black Eyed Peas did it but rap/hip-hop generally aren't the headline act. Kanye 'Egomaniac' West isn't out of the question but wow, he'd be a headache for the organisers.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Coldplay. That deserves an "Oh mate!".

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:58 am

I don't mind Coldplay...

What happened to Bruno Mars? I thought he was asked to curate/headline the thing?

Will be interesting to see what specials bookies will list. Will Rihanna make an appearance?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:01 am

Possibly a "What will the first song that they will perform?" market but that's about it.

Can't be interested about what Chris Martin wears or who any 'special guests' are even if there are odds. I'd have to be stoned out of my gourd to want to bet on things like that. Katy Perry? That's kind of fun. Coldplay? No.

It's the FIFTIETH show and they bring one of the dullest rock groups around. :no:

They could have gone any combination of 'American', 'legendary' or 'female' but nope, they went English. I won't be watching.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:30 am

Beyonce and Bruno Mars are joining Coldplay?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/08/enter ... bowl-feat/

Betfair still collect all monies as Coldplay are the headline act.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Possibly a "What will the first song that they will perform?" market but that's about it.
...and here is that market:

Well if there's money to be made then let's have a bash at it...take the hint, it's going to be 'A Sky Full of Stars'. They're there to shift product and it's bland enough to kick off their set before they play something more 'rocky'. Might put 'Yellow' later on in their set to remind folks that they used to be good once.

'Hymn For The Weekend' featuring a special appearance from Beyonce will either close out the set or be in the middle of it.

No idea where Bruno Mars fits in if at all.

ELSEWHERE...

Lady Gaga's performing the national anthem and the over/under at Unibet is an incredible 133.5 seconds (TWO MINUTES THIRTEEN POINT FIVE SECONDS!?). US offshore outfits did have the o/u at 2m:20s!

They usually do these to 'military precision' because of TV ad spending but it's Lady Gaga and she might not want to behave. She wants an Oscar this year (I think she WILL win as well!) so she might behave though.

Form? She sang it 2m15s at the 2013 New York Pride rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdd6JzJgJGY

She starts singing at 1:06. It ends at 3:21. If it's set at o/u 133.5 seconds then take the 'over' as she might want to stretch out the last word or two.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:23 pm

Skybet are EVENS for Over 130.5

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Rumour has it Beyoncé won't sing a Coldplay song and instead she'll sing a duet with Bruno Mars. Not sure how true it is but Coldplay have given an interview in which they state they won't sing the song she sing on in their latest album but it could all be to throw people of the scent.

They mentioned that they'll play all their number one hits and work out what to do for the rest of the show. Viva La Vida is their only number one in America and I expect it to be played. In theory it would be a good way to start the show.

When you look at songs that have ended Super Bowl halftime show in recent years it's big tunes that end it.

Katy Perry 'Firework'
Bruno Mars 'Just The Way You Are'
Beyoncé 'Halo'
Madonna 'Like A Prayer'
Black Eyed Peas 'Dirty Bit'
The Who 'Won't Get Fooled Again'

I could see them ending in Adventure Of A Lifetime. Maybe starting with it. Between that and Viva La Vida for first and last song. Might have a look into this tomorrow!

Interesting enough you can bet on bey inches shoe colour. When she made her last appearance she wore black. I think this will be different. If she does the Coldplay song it's got an. Indian theme to it so gold/brown at 11/4 appeals.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:50 pm

'Yellow' was 16/1+ and now it's at the top of the list along with 'Viva La Vida'.

Don't think I'll bet on Lady Gaga...judging from sneaky rehearsal footage there's histrionics, a bit of headshaking and a piano involved though even with over 130.5 seconds at 4/5 (under 130.5 seconds is evens at Skybet but the website's currently down).

I would lean over but that it won't last more than 135 seconds.

https://youtu.be/dYqO2NINARY
https://twitter.com/MisterBroRo/status/ ... 8265086977
https://twitter.com/MisterBroRo/status/ ... 4595136513