Katy Perry at the Super Bowl

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Katy Perry at the Super Bowl

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:05 pm

First tip of the year! And it's a risky one!
Super Bowl Sunday this weekend and there's a few novel bets kicking around, especially involving half time performer Katy Perry.

Some of her set is secret but it's going to be massive. What's know is that she's performing with Lenny Kravitz, Missy Elliot is said to be joining her and there's going to be animals.

You can bet on what song she's going to start with. Roar is a good shout but it's a short price at best 4/5.

During her press conference Perry mentioned she'll be wearing many costumes and her opening one is going to be 'flaming hot'. On Paddy Power they're offering odds of what colour her opening dress is going to be.

Now there's no certainty over the colour she'll wear and in theory just became a dress is going to be flaming hot doesn't mean it's going to be a certain colour. But I like the look of red at 5/1.

Katy Perry main colour of first dress 5/1 red

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:52 am

Huh. The odds have been and gone obviously with insiders having placed their bets or something like that.

Me? I'm a 'traditionalist' in regards the 'prop betting' and betting on "How long will the national anthem be sung for?" is about as wacky as it gets for me.

Over 121.5 seconds 11/10, Under 121.5 seconds 4/6 at Paddy Power.

It's sung by Idina 'Let It Go' Menzel this year and she's theatrical but she may be told to 'cut it short'. Usually someone's there with a stopwatch at the rehearsals as these things are usually 'militaristic' in their precision because of TV advertising money to be made.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 pm

I've looked into the national anthem odds and it's interesting..!

Menzel sung the national anthem at the all star NBA game in 2014 and it clocked in at 119 seconds. She's been interviewed about the fact that people are betting on how long she'll sing for and she finds it funny. She's admitted tongue in cheek that she might hold onto a note while she looks at the clock.

The average time I think of 1 minute 56 seconds. But due to the fact that she's clocked in just over that I think she'll last for over 121.5 seconds.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Security at the rehearsals seems to be really tight that \'nobody\' is revealing any details on social media.

\'Roar\' is into odds-on as the first song that Katy Perry will perform with the \'smart money\' on \'Dark Horse\' (fnar fnar).

She surely won\'t start with \'Firework\'...you save the pyrotechnics as your last song \'til last.

Rumours that Missy Elliot will be her guest performer alongside Lemony Kravitz.

Betting on the colour of Katy\'s hair!? Black/brown has been bet into \'evens\' from 6/4 over at 888Sport/Unibet.

Am tempted to bet on the under for Idina Menzel despite \'evidence to the contrary\'. Skybet have \'under 124.5 seconds\' at 4/7...most of the anthems are sung two minutes or less.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Hmmm. Waiting on Skybet as I went for the 'safety net' of 'under 124.5 seconds' at 4/7. Associated Press said 124 seconds. Some on Twitter have added a second to that.

Most people won...no idea why I thought it'd be under 122.5 seconds. Whoops. Sorry.

Idina Menzel definitely bet on the over 2:02.

EDIT: If you bet on 'under 124.5 seconds' at Skybet, you won.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:12 am

No wigs just her normal hair colour (black/brown?). The dress is supposed to be 'flame' but it's mostly yellow/gold with orange/red at the top and bottom of it. The first song is 'Roar'.

Looks like the insiders who managed to get their bets on got it mostly right.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:29 am

FYI: Tom Brady after winning the MVP award thanked his family, his friends then his teammates.

Didn't bother playing this so no idea if 'family' or 'friends' were an option...didn't bother to get a screenshot.

EDIT: The Gatorade that was poured over the winning coach was...blue which was apparently s 5/1 shot.

https://twitter.com/GdnUSsports/status/ ... 0308065281

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Does anyone know what the offical colour for Katy Perrys dress has been marked as?

Only seen a couple of pictures but it does look more gold than anything. Although there is hints of red...maybe orange..!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:43 pm

It turns journey Perrys dress wasn't red enough. Never mind!

Roar was the first song she sang and the length of the National Anthem was over!

Agnes Hambledon
2yo
Tips

Postby Agnes Hambledon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:35 am

Roar was the first song she sang and the length of the National Anthem was over!
LOL. Nonetheless, Katie was good and gorgeous during the performance. See the hype after???

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:25 pm

Plenty of hype!

I wonder if bookies will take bets in whol'll play at next years event?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:01 pm

If anyone does, it'll likely be one of the fringe offshore outfits and if they're British based and feeling frisky, Paddy Power.

It'll be a male act or a band rather an a female act...probably.