Katy Perry at the Super Bowl

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Meh. Looks like I might be very wrong. The under 134.5 seconds at Stan James was 5/6 and now it's 8/11 (it's still 5/6 at Paddy Power though). Somebody might know something and bet accordingly.

Pinnacle* the notorious offshore outfit has it over/under 136.5 seconds and their odds are over 2.230 and under 1.694.

I still think it'll be over 130.5 seconds but less than 135 seconds. Some offshore outfits have trimmed the o/u line down to 136 seconds. William Hill have it as high as o/u 137.5 seconds and they've gone a bit 'mad' in their specials.

I'd go 'under 137.5 seconds', no that Beyonce will wear a hat, if it's Cam Newton he'll say God, no bet, no bet, Coldplay to perform less than 5.5 songs (need room for Beyonce and Bruno Mars right!?), Lady Gaga to wear red based on the rehearsal footage and 'no bet' to the last three props.

The colours of Super Bowl 50 are gold and black so no surprise if Beyonce wears a gold dress. Will it be her first dress colour though?

Pinnacle are asking 'Jay Z on stage during halftime show?' Yes 1.892, No 1.961

* Yeah, Pinnacle don't offer betting to folks based in the UK but thought it was acknowledging the odds particularly the quirky digital way they do it.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Betfair take the opposite view in that they go under 5.5 songs 21/20 and over 5.5 songs 4/6 for how many Coldplay will perform at half time.

Could be a tricky market to assess as they obviously won't sing full songs but a medley.

The colour of Beyonce's shoes? That's insane even for me.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/7/10 ... owl-winner

Barack Obama has never made a prediction as to who will win the Super Bowl but if he does make a 'public pick' it's 4/6 he says Carolina and 11/10 he says Denver. Pinnacle offer a 'must be made on CBS' proviso and a stingy 1.181 for Carolina and 5.200 for Denver.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Looks like Obama picked Carolina.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/national/whoop ... aled-early

'Viva La Vida' is now the odds-on favourite for Coldplay's first song.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Timed it at 2:20.

Lady Gaga was wearing the red suit.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:29 am

Coldplay kick off their set with...a tiny bit of 'Yellow' but then break into 'Viva La Vida', 'Paradise', 'Adventure of a Lifetime' then Chris Martin gives a shoutout to Bruno which means...

...Bruno Mars pops up with Mark Ronson to sing 'Uptown Funk'...

Beyonce then pops up wearing no hat, a black leather bodice/leotard (with gold 'chains' over her torso) and black shoes (with gold effect) singing her latest 'Formation'...

...then Beyonce and Bruno Mars face off as Chris Martin joins the melee very briefly to sing a bit of 'Uptown Funk'.

Immediately Chris Martin goes over to the piano to perform the melody to 'Clocks' but then it goes into 'Fix You' which is the song actually sung and then there's a video montage of previous Super Bowl Half Time shows as Chris sings various lyrics to other songs.

Meh. Not sure how bookies will grade the first song sung or how many songs Coldplay sung. I'm guessing 'full song' so probably 'Viva La Vida' not 'Yellow'.

EDIT: William Hill have graded it as 'under 5.5 songs' performed by Coldplay. No idea about the first song sung though.

The show itself? An odd mish-mash that didn't fully work and only sparked into life when Beyonce turned up.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:48 am

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/supe ... ine-020716

Controversy at how long Lady Gaga sung the national anthem?

Bovada (neé Bodog before they got out of the UK market) had Lady Gaga at 2:09 not counting the extra sentence/'brave'. Pinnacle had it as 2:21.

I believe Ladbrokes and SkyBet paid out for over 211 seconds and 210 seconds respectively whilst Paddy Power and William Hill paid out for over 214 seconds and over 217 seconds respectively.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:41 am

The Gatorade was orange (can't stand the drink, it tastes more like carrots than orange). the MVP was Von Miller and he kind of thanked his teammates first with "I'm so proud of my guys..." without saying thanks.

https://twitter.com/ZProphet_MMA/status ... 6032788481