Highest Grossing Film of 2015

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Highest Grossing Film of 2015

Postby Brownie3 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Which film will gross the most in 2015?

Star Wars - "The Force Awakens", 1/10 with Hills, 5/2 at Paddys, surely its in the bag already?

Wallsendlad
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Highest Grossing Film of 2015 - Buying Money with Paddy

Postby Wallsendlad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:08 pm

Which film will gross the most in 2015?

Star Wars - "The Force Awakens", 1/10 with Hills, 5/2 at Paddys, surely its in the bag already?

Huh!!!! Now Paddys have it at 10/11. :lose: Have you been lumping on Brownie :P

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:06 pm

I know the film will be huge but......................

It's released on December 18th, so will only have 2 weeks sales to go off, will that be enough?

Considering other supposed blockbusters (Jurassic World, Avengers:Age of Ultron, Mad Max:Fury Road) will have plenty of more time

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:00 pm

I was allowed £24.64!

Agree re the December date, however there talking about moving it to the summer, in which case, they will be plenty of time!

redhammer
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby redhammer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Is the new hunger games out this year?

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:45 pm

If Star Wars gets moved to the summer then 1/3 would be great value, never mind slightly odds on

Yep, The Hunger Games movie is scheduled for release on November 20th

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Star Wars won't get moved to the summer I think.

Star Wars and The Avengers are both made by Disney. Disney and Marvel are very strict with the release dates of their super hero films, I think they're planned out to the date both here and in the States until 2022! So while I can't see Star Wars being brought forward they defiantly won't want to move any of their other films to accommodate it (Ant Man is another Marvel film out in July)

Even although the Avengers is out in April the actors were called back at the end if last year for re shoots showing that there's plenty to be done' the same will. I noticed that Empire had an article confirming the principal shoot ended in November for Star Wars but there's still plenty too do, so much so that th star of The Raid has been brought in recently.

The Avengers is one of the highest grossing films of all time and the trailer was one of the most viewed Disney clips ever. It's already got a massive fan base to build on with the various Avengers/Marvel films already. And while there's no doubt Star Wars had it's fans it also had it's haters after the last trilogy.

I doubt it StarWars will be moved. Yet there is a chance it could be the highest grossing film of the year. I'm sure The Lord The Rings and knew if the Hobbit films made the most money and they were released late in the year.

I'd go for The Avengers and age Hunger Games is a shout too but one film I like the look of is minions. Despicable Me 2 was massive and a lot of it was down to the appeal of the Minions. Can they carry a film by themselves? Who knows but the trailer was one of hone most viewed trailers last year on you Tube and it will have a lower kids rating in America meaning more can see it!

Edit:

Anyone confused by the small print on William Hill the above market? Highest gross film of 2015 in the US but they'll take into account takings made out with that year?!

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Made me laugh, although I cried at first!

They settled the bet on new years day as a loser. Star Wars finished 2nd for the year at £623m, Jurassic World took £650m. If Star Wars was released 17th December, they were taking about £40m per day, so another day, I would have won! Never mind.

Got a mail today, and they settled it incorrectly, this was in the rules small print from all accounts

“Singles Only. Applies to the highest grossing film released in 2015 from the below list. Figures will be taken from www.boxofficemojo.com Worldwide Gross on June 30th, 2016 to allow for a 6 month run for any films released at the end of the year. PP decision final.â€

So because it was released so late, it looks like a get 6 months anyway, an additional 5 and 1.2 months!

Very strange!