Christmas Number One

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Christmas Number One

Postby LustForLeith » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Christmas Number One

It's that time of the year again when the race is on for Christmas Number One. The winner of the X Factor is the favourite with Band aid 30 just behind.

Next is the Peace Collective at 10/1. I think this might have a serious chance.

Two years ago the collective released a Hillsbourough song that kept James Arthur off the top spot at Christmas and I can see them doing it again. It's a version of The Farms 'Altogether Now' and is quite fitting as it's for the anniversary of the first Christmas in the First World War when soldiers from Germany and Britain put together their differences for one day on the 25th December.

I think it could be backed by the Sainsburys advert based on the same incident and the fact it's a football type anthem could see it being back by the masses.

After having managed the fete a couple of years ago the people behind the Peace Collective know how to get to number one at christmas. 16/1 in my opinion is worth a wee nibble.

Christmas Number One Peace Collective 16/1

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Oops!

This. Was. Nowhere. Sorry!

Especially gutted when I fancied Ed Sheerin to have the biggest selling album over Christmas but didn't back it.

Always next year..!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:25 am

Hmmm. A year is a long time and the way that British singles and album charts are done have changed as instead of Sunday, it's announced on Friday because of various reasons.

One question, and one question only this year about this is: "Can Louisa Johnson be number one in the singles charts for TWO weeks?"

The odds as they are right now:

Punters generally seem to think Louisa Johnson can hang on for two weeks but Justin Bieber is the one being bet on as the spoiler. Usually if it isn't a winner of 'The X Factor' it'll be some charity of some sort that connects with the GBP to stop Simon Cowell from ruining the Christmas singles chart by ruining it themselves by 'guilting' people to buy their single instead.

What will future generations think of our generation!? "Remember when Matt Cardle had the Christmas number one single!? Remember when the Military Wives Choir had the Christmas number one single!?" :no:

horage
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby horage » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:46 am

rank outsider might be worth a go; just heard it this morning no price up yet;

as its based on downloads.

LITTLE MIX i'm going to do them Each Way if possible

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:59 am

Downloads...

http://www.officialcharts.com/getting-i ... art-rules/

...and streaming.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... ime__4245/

Little Mix are 200/1 at bet365 and as low as 50/1 at Paddy Power (no idea what the limits are with them). I have no idea what the track is that would make them this year's Christmas number one.

I don't think it'll happen but if the odds don't plunge AND you win then, utmost respect. Don't think anyone is offering each-way though.

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:17 pm

24 hours is a long time and the gamble on Justin Bieber continues as he\'s now a best price 6/5 at BetVictor. Louisa Johnson drifts to a general 4/1.

Nonsensical scheduling for TXF final for it not to be next week as it looks to have paid the price for trying to be number one two weeks in a row...at least judging by the odds.

Yet another non-Christmassy number one single whatever happens.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Isn't there a campaign to get the Star Wars theme tune to number one? When does the song need to be number one? Is it this Friday?

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Friday 25th December.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:44 pm

:win: Yes like the Star wars one..

Long time since betted on no1 one..
Think going back to Sir Cliff.. :cool:

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:07 pm

:win: Yes like the Star wars one..

Long time since betted on no1 one..
Think going back to Sir Cliff.. :cool:
That's so funny...

A few months ago I fancied backing Sir Cliff as he was 100/1. I tried to join a Cliff Richard forum but for whatever reason my registration wasn't successful. I thought there would be a campaign to get him to number one with the year he's had.

Is that the case?!

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi LustForLeith,

Wow Cliff got a single out?
unlucky your registration wasn't successful. I thought there would be a campaign to get him to number one with the year he's had.
My Cliff one back in 1980 s :cool: can t remember which one.
Yes am a Cliff fan.. :cool:

Stars wars one? is i the same one think in 1977?
Is it that single? yes liked that one, think got in top 5!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:50 pm

There's a campaign to ge the Tar Wars theme tune to number one. I might be wrong but I think it's started by the guy who started the Rage Against The Machine one a few years ago. Hundreds of thousands of people have signe up fo fo on Facebook b that no indication of the amount of people whok"ll download it.

Love Wired For Sound Devil Woman by the way! Tunes!