Glastonbury 2014

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Apparently Kasabian and Elbow are going to be the other two headlines. Rumour has it Kasabian on the Sunday and Elbow on the Saturday.

If this turns out to be correct then I apologise for my tips but I'd like to blame festival boss Michael Eavis as he said (I'm sure!) That the people who are headlining haven't played before!

Farmers..!

stereoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stereoman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:00 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/75759

When you have a market like this when information is privy only to a select few people, and a 6/1 shot like Kasabian gets bet on there's little you can do.

Wonder if there were a few people with a William Hill account betting on this from the Somerset area. :?

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Meant to post this earlier but Prince has been confirmed NOT to headline Glastonbury.

Gutted for two reasons. One, with his greatest hits and with the Purple one in top form, he'd be great.

Secondly, there goes another of my tips. Daft Punk left folks. If you've put your mortgage on my poor selections so far, I hope you've got somewhere else to stay for a bit...

fairfranco
Stallion
Tips

Postby fairfranco » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Official line up today:

Kasabian appear to be headlining Sunday and Arcade Fire headline Friday (with Elbow on before them listed as Special Guests).

on efestivals line up rumours page which is always very accurate they have Metallica as TBC which almost always means they are all but guaranteed to be headlining the Saturday.

Some great names in there, disappointed to not be going again for the 2nd time in a row.

horage
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby horage » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:53 pm

topical tip
glastonberry non runner yesterday watch out for this horse if turned out in the next week or so as the form of his last win looks strong with horses behind him that day ...winning since........

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Sat May 10, 2014 9:01 pm

So that's it. Kasabian, Arcade Fire and Metallica!

Sorry folks. Micaehl Eavis said the headlines had never played at the festival before when Arcade Fire and Kasabian clearly have.

Never trust a farmer!

Better luck next year!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:15 am

Glastonbury soon and there might appear a series of bets on bands making a special appearance. Can be strange as they're quoted in the NME as being from William Hill but you never seen them on line and the shops don't know anything about them.

Before that though there's the number of arrests field. I fancy over 160 at 2/1 on Paddy Power. Last year there were 174 (I think? Over 170 anyway) and there could be an increase this year. I'm clutching at straws but because there's a World Cup on (that they're not showing) the weather might be quite nice (encouraging more to drink) and it's safe to say this will be the selfie festival. More people taking photo's on fancy cameras may lead to more theta and arrests. I know, vague!