Britains Got Talent 2012

Liverpool1985
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Liverpool1985 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Yea the Value has gone out of this years show, Everyone seems to have finally caught up this year which worries me for X-Factor. I wonder if I will have to place my bets as soon as I know the Draw in X-Factor. But thats another day anyway.

Problem is I really can't see them bringing back any Act that can make the Top 3. Even if The Mend come back they have already been outvoted by both Ashley and Pudsey and Only Boys Aloud. Seems like The Dog Act was the only Semi Final winner who wasn't 'protected' by weak acts around them. And The Loveable Rogues are the only Semi Final Winners who performed earlier than 8th. Even with a revised Draw they got through although a weaker Semi Final than the Dog Act endured towards the end.

Can't see Ryan winning. He has Top 3 claims but I actually preferred Michael Collings from last year. Great he has his own material but a bigger 'vibe' around The Loveable Rogues and they smash him with the number of online followers. I agree the value isn't there but I think the best you can get at this very moment, in my opinion, is The Rogues @ 10/1 in some places.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 pm

No mate, i rarely bet on stuff that the public decide, far too dodgy for me, but some of you guys seem to win often

cbris78
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby cbris78 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:15 pm

They need to bring back Paige Turley, then we can all lump on and watch the Scots do Simon over again! :D

I can't see Ryan winning either mate, tempted to lay him for top 3 but they will obviously split him and Sam up so he'll probably get a late draw.

Liverpool1985
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Liverpool1985 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:50 am

Not that Polls are much to go by in these competitions this is the biggest Poll I can find by some considerable Distance for the Overall Winner.

Poll is from Tellymix.

•Ashleigh & Pudsey (31%, 261 Votes)
•Jonathan & Charlotte (25%, 212 Votes)
•Loveable Rogues (15%, 129 Votes)
•Ryan O’Shaughnessy (8%, 66 Votes)
•Wildcard (6%, 52 Votes)
•Sam Kelly (4%, 36 Votes)
•Only Boys Aloud (4%, 33 Votes)
•Molly Rainford (3%, 22 Votes)
•Aquabatique (2%, 16 Votes)
•Kai & Natalia (2%, 13 Votes)
•Nu Sxool (0%, 10 Votes)

To Win Outright:
Pre-Show I have backed Ashley & Pudsey @ 2/1 and also backed The Loveable Rogues @ 10/1. Misses B-Day today though so people will be round. I won't be able to get those Arbs I was hoping for. Will be looking for a Trade out on The Rogues if they can shorten to around 4s. Yea Cbris I agree Ryan will be given a nice Draw to get him Top 3. See how early the Dog Act is to grasp whether Simon will allow them the win. Also be interesting to see if they heap on the praise, as everyone I speak to wants the Dog Act to win. Will Simon play the mindgames and get a Singing Act centre stage.
Last edited by Liverpool1985 on Sat May 12, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sat May 12, 2012 12:22 pm

I've not bet on this competition previously, but at this stage, I am astounded that the "Loveable Rogues" are 10/1. In my mind that is massive.

Reason:

I will never be convinced the Public Vote is the only deciding factor, and out of the three at the head of the market, they are the ones in my minds eye that would suit the Royal Variety Performance.

The dog act, whilst very clever and equally cute, just doesnt have the "class" to appear on the Variety Show. Equally, i think this can be tabled at Jonathon and Charlotte. no doubting the pairs vocal ability, but i just don't see how it can be polished up for RVP.

Aquabatique is just pointless if it can not be performed indoors!

In fact, looking through the entire final line up, I see only two acts with the class and polish to appear on the big stage, already mentioned Loveable Rogues and as a long shot, the Only Boys Aloud, who would be a perfect fit and will certainly have the "welsh vote"

I am going to make the following 3 bets

To Win outright

LOVEABLE ROGUES @ 10/1
ONLY BOYS ALOUD @ 33/1

Top 3 finish

ONLY BOYS ALOUD @ 7/2
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

adamross
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby adamross » Sat May 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Ok - a different angle here.

Question I am asking at present for each act is if they were given the pimp slot and ramped by the judges could they win.

I think the Top 4 + OBA and the chosen wildcard could possibly do this - the others couldnt.

Then I am looking at each of the 6 and assessing what are the chances of them getting said pimp slot and backing and could they win without it.

Wildcard. Unlikely Pimp. Can't win without it.
OBA. Possible Pimp. Unlikely to win without it.
A+P. Unlikely Pimp though may be penultimate act. Can win without it.
Loveable Rogues. Possible Pimp. Possible win without it.
Ryan. Likely Pimp. Unlikely to win without it.
J+C. Likely Pimp. Can win without it.

So only 3 winners for me without being the final act. Am going to adjust my bets accordingly as the running order unravels.

I am Green on Loveable Rogues and OBA currently but will be looking to trade out on each if the price falls.

cbris78
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby cbris78 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Interesting to see OBA mentioned, I also thought they could be worth a punt in the top 3 market but I think I'd want more than 7/2 without knowing the draw.

Personally I think it's a straight fight between Ashley and Pudsey and Jonathan and Charlotte but if I wasn't going to back A&P at 3/1 I'm definitely not going to at 7/4...

TV Polls has been pretty good all week so this is how they have it at the moment

Ashleigh and Pudsey - 35%
Jonathan and Charlotte - 26%
Loveable Rogues - 14%
Ryan O'Shaunessy - 7%
Only Boys Allowed - 7%
Aquabatique - 3%
Molly Rainford - 3%
Sam Kelly - 2%
Kai & Natalia - 2%
Nu Skool - 1%
Wildcard - 1%

Liverpool1985
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Liverpool1985 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Well I am in fairly deep now on The Loveable Rogues, but I also have a nice stake on Ashley & Pudsey. Not too much pressure as using Semi Finals 1 and 2s winnings for this. If neither win I will be £1.00 up from this years show lol.

Seems a few of us are with The Loveable Rogues then. I have left Jonathon & Charlotte even though they could walk this. But you can't back everyone now can you. Risks have to be taken in these kinds of show. OBA would need all the Scottish to vote for them as well IMO. Just didn't stand out enough for me and runners up usually get the early slots. I might have a play on the Top 3 Market after the performances as I won't be touching this market yet. No value there.

robotrax
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby robotrax » Sat May 12, 2012 4:10 pm

heard a rumour that pudsey will finish off tonight's routine by saying "sausages"

willieboy
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby willieboy » Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm

What was the point in bringing back `The Mend` and putting them on first......just no point.

cbris78
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby cbris78 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm

shortage of singers in the final :P

willieboy
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby willieboy » Sat May 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Looks like the top 4 in the betting are heading for the final places on the show....if the dog act is very good....I think it wins!!
Odds have shortened as well during the day